Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC website and filehosting

I am looking for advice on what site to go for when posting CC (paintings/walls/floors for now...may expand). I have a small site for our old sites TS1 stuff, but I'm looking for something a little more convenient. Right now, I have to do the layout and code the pages (or use a simple template). I was quite proficient at designing and setting up pages (html + CSS + all graphics needed) before, but find I don't have the energy and concentration needed to do this anymore. I'd have to learn it all over again, and that's a huuuge task, I've forgotten basically everything :D Would like to get something set up and then do the learning eventually.

Also, what is a good place to host the files for download? I've heard good things about Dropbox, and I've been looking a bit at SimsFileshare. People have also mentioned Google Drive. Anyone with personal experience care to share? I'd be very grateful for any tips and advice!

Comments

• TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    Some of the few things I'd recommend is to start a Tumblr page to showcase your CC, you can also use ModTheSims or The Sims Resource to further showcase.

For file distribution, Google Drive is a good option for bigger files, or you could use SimFileShare, which is free, though you will need to Sign UP and wait for an Confirmation Email or use an Invite Link.

Hope this helps.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Thanks a lot! :) I've now got a Tumblr up, and already posted a couple times. While I do like MTS and TSR (used to have my TS1 stuff on TSR), I decided against those. For now, anyway. Also decided to use Google Drive, since I've read that SFS may have some troubles once in a while. I don't have any big files, so I should have enough space to "host" my files there.