Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quit school option!

MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi! I recommend adding the option to have children/teens to be able to quit school and maybe add a feature for them to home school or something, adding this will give us users the ability to make school lots and have them school there through the home school feature; much like with the work at home feature when it comes to going to other lots to work. This feature would benefit the console users, I know there are mods for the PC users, but the console users are lacking with certain things; hence why I suggested this. :)
If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on

Comments

• Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    This should definitely be a thing. Home-schooling would be really fun and also just quitting school in general if that is how your sim family works!
    I tried to have my sim quit school with MC Command Centre and it still glitched so it would be great to see this added properly.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yes! I would love for kids to drop out of school. It also would be awesome if they could get kicked out of school if they're failing.
    But if they drop out, they should only be able to get to level 5 of a career- High school diploma should be required.

Homeschooling would be really cool too. Maybe if the parents have a degree in Education they can teach their kids at home.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2021
    bixters wrote: »
    Yes! I would love for kids to drop out of school. It also would be awesome if they could get kicked out of school if they're failing.
    But if they drop out, they should only be able to get to level 5 of a career- High school diploma should be required.

Homeschooling would be really cool too. Maybe if the parents have a degree in Education they can teach their kids at home.

Some dropouts have started their own businesses and are quite successful IRL, while other people with PHDs still work at retail and starbucks, personally vampire teens need to drop out of school, going to school during the day while they burn by sunlight slightly ruins the immersion.
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    As a former homeschooler myself, I desperately want a homeschooling option! We're not all socially isolated, sheltered nerds. (Well, I am, but that's not my point.)
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    wow! I did not expect a response from this thread, I thought no one cared so I moved on. lol
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    No dude, this is definitely something I'd love to see, especially in a free update. I mean, what would it require for Sims parents to successfully homeschool their kids? With the Scouts career, you can earn "badges" by doing certain tasks or interacting with objects, so I imagine you could meet educational requirements much the same way. Or you could do what my mom did and take the kids out on a fun trip to the beach or camping or to community events, get back home and say "Wasn't that fun? Wait, don't tell me. Write a 3 page essay detailing everything you learned."
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I like idea of having a highschool dropout, would be great to see how my life would have turned out if I stuck with my original plan, instead of graduating.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I'd also like to see this, as my current legacy heir is rather alternative, and I think she'd be the type of person to drop out.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    amaniaaaamaniaaa Posts: 58 Member
    YES! Quitting schools is such a great idea that should be implemented, and also private schools, home schooling, kindergartens and nurseries... that would make a great update/pack honestly!
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    My sims tend to have a de facto drop out option when they go to school for the first week of their child/teen life stage then use their vacation time to skip the second week. From where I'm sitting, toddler/childhood is for getting those skill boost bonuses for later life stages (Top Notch Toddler, the four Gifted traits earned by children, and the skill-rate boost earned from Scouting), and the main goal of my teens is to earn a full ride to college through skill-based scholarships (and get Handiness to level 6 so they can improve the bed in their college dorm to actually get a good night's sleep.)
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space