Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jasper and Amber

Sunset Valley Fairies: Amber

Part One: Into the Future

Hi. My name is Amber Meadows. That's me on the right there, in the green dress, in case you were wondering. That handsome guy in the red striped top is my boyfriend Jasper Summerbreeze. Well, OK, you can't see how good-looking he is from this angle, I guess. We've just moved here from Moonlight Falls, mainly just because we wanted a change of scenery.

rvkeKrh.jpg

I'm quite a handy Sim, so I decided to head over to the military base to take a Handiness Basics class. I was the only female there, but that didn't bother me. I've always loved mechanical stuff. I was also the only one with wings, but again I'm not really fazed by that kind of thing. Everyone seemed really kind and welcoming.

1bGwnA7.jpg

My boyfriend, meanwhile, totally lives up to the fairy stereotype and loves gardening. After taking a quick Gardening Basics class, he headed over to the grocery store and purchased a wide range of fruits and veggies. Neither of us are particularly good at cooking, but having top-quality ingredients will always be useful.

DTnF3e9.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm also a martial arts fan too. There weren't any martial arts classes back in Moonlight Falls, and we didn't have the money to go on trips to China, so I was ecstatic when I found this training dummy on Simazon. I felt rather silly just hitting it around, and then it smacked me in the face! Talk about painful! Thank Plumbob no-one was around to witness that... when I attain level 10, it'll be sorry.

xCnNF5C.jpg

Just like in Moonlight Falls, there's a magical Weather Stone here in Sunset Valley! How awesome! Jasper was very excited because, when fairies use it successfully, it summons a reviving sprinkle of flowers that instantly fertilises any plants. MUCH cheaper than buying expensive fertiliser at the store.

BOYDRXu.jpg

I was the one to cook dinner that first evening, although I don't remember what we had. We moved into a pretty fancy house (well, technically it's a bungalow), and the kitchen is well-equipped.

EGRMGJv.jpg

Early the next morning, Jasper was up early to sort the garden out. Whilst I've also got somewhat of a green thumb purely by being a fairy, I don't have the patience Jasper does. OK, fixing broken appliances can take a while, and earning my gold Sim Fu belt will take time too, but at least you're always busy. So much of gardening is just... waiting.

FUgxXhQ.jpg

We have a chicken coop here, and I grabbed our first crop of eggs when the sun came up. One of them was a fancy exotic egg! I had no idea chickens could produce those... one of the eggs wasn't very good quality, so I sold it, but the exotic egg makes up for it.

DgYKtFB.jpg

Even though I haven't been in this town long, I'd heard tell of a mysterious metal object that had appeared in the town, near the criminal warehouse. Well, I've always loved mystery, so I went to check it out. Imagine my surprise when this weird dude in a bizarre outfit and with crazy blue hair popped out! He handed me this book which he called the Almanac of Time, and told me that this object was a time portal. Despite some misgivings, I stepped into the blinding light...

qUVM1dw.jpg

"Whoa! What is this place?"
Everything looked so fancy and modern. This was definitely not Sunset Valley. I checked the almanac and found out I'd been transported to this place called Oasis Landing. I also received a notification telling me that I had descendants living here. Considering that I haven't had kids yet, I was DEFINITELY intrigued.

sEfngwx.jpg

It didn't take me long to get to where my descendants lived. I suppressed a grin as I noticed that they had red hair, like Jasper and me, and they all had fairy wings. I was invited inside by a guy named Franklin.

TXJ4kza.jpg

"Hello, my name's Amber," I said. "I love your house. It looks so sleek and fancy."
"Well, it's nice to meet you, Amber," said Franklin. "You're an ancestor of mine... wow, that's crazy."
"I know. Did you say your surname was Summerbreeze? I'm not even married yet..."
"Well, perhaps you soon will be," Franklin grinned. "Do you have a boyfriend with that name?"
"I do. He's called Jasper."
"That'll be it, then," Franklin replied. "We've learned quite a bit about your time, in our history lessons. Which town are you from?"
"Well, I currently live in Sunset Valley, but originally I was born in Moonlight Falls," I explained.

HX8oLG5.jpg

Comments

• DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@Lucy_Henley Nice story I really enjoyed it. I like first person, it's interesting reading! :smile: Great job!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    edited January 2021
    Part Two: Bot Building

One thing I'd noticed whilst going round Oasis Landing were these robots. I asked one of my descendants about them and she explained that they were called Plumbots, and said that there was a 'bot building' skill one could learn in order to make them. Naturally, this appealed to my "make and fix stuff" side, so I headed off towards the local bookshop to purchase the appropriate skill books. I thought it sensible to buy all three, since I didn't know when I'd be heading back to Oasis Landing.

yY1CSMC.jpg

That evening, I headed back home to Sunset Valley.

PVNRNcT.jpg

Once back at home, I eagerly opened my bot building book, and noticed that it was a futuristic-type book. The words were there on the page, but they scrolled up towards the top. Luckily, they scrolled at a pace that I was still able to read them.

bexviQ6.jpg

I looked online and found out that I could make my own Plumbots right now, in the present day, so I ordered a Plumbot Workshop and set about getting to know how it worked.

KwtZtLv.jpg

The next day, Jasper got up early to feed the chickens and milk the cows, as well as attend to his plants. I was still in bed.

lLv2LoQ.jpg
    r53hKkE.jpg
    1WpPvgU.jpg

Neither Jasper nor I were natural cooks, but we needed to eat somehow, and eating out is expensive. So I cooked breakfast.

rJCKKfc.jpg

I was now on level 2 of the martial arts skill, and enjoying it immensely. In addition to the training dummy, I had also purchased a board breaker. I was only skilled enough to break foam blocks, but it was still fun. Anyway, I'd be breaking harder stuff soon...

R6pR3rk.jpg

Of course, when we weren't working on our respective hobbies, I spent time with Jasper.

0S7oaaa.jpg

Whilst pancakes and waffles are tasty, I fancied something else for breakfast one morning, so I made a special calzone with the pizza oven. Mmm, it was so good.

bZ7SHnG.jpg
    Post edited by Lucy_Henley on
    edited January 2021
    Part Three: Melissa

Life was still going well. I had my martial arts area outside and I loved taking advantage of the amazing weather to practise. I always played Chinese music whilst practising.

lLYgBMc.jpg

Jasper was particularly excited that day, as his garden was finally starting to become harvestable.

WpDjYgF.jpg

He was still going at around half past eleven that evening. I knew that there were some things he hadn't planted yet, and that the garden would only grow bigger in time...

iNgCxvu.jpg

When not breaking boards, I was experimenting with the bot workshop. I was discovering how to manufacture nanites and trait chips. I was particularly excited to discover the formula for a "Steel Chef" chip, which would be very useful for any future Plumbots I chose to build. After all, automatic maximum cooking skill and knowledge of all recipes would be a real boon!

sj5AYqj.jpg

Of course, I also spent a fair bit of time mending any broken household appliances. The toilet, for instance, seemed to clog quite a lot. The appliances in the kitchen broke less often. I foresaw myself making many things "unbreakable" in the future...

GxCsHtB.jpg

Finally, when I reached level 5 of the bot building skill, I decided to take the plunge and manufacture my first Plumbot. I named her Melissa, a name I'd always liked. Her quality level was 2, "duct taped", which wasn't great, but I didn't expect to build something at the future tech level quite yet. I'd be able to tune her up when she needed it.

j2qM362.jpg

NFSWQhF.jpg

I was soon able to slash through oak boards, and several at once. It wouldn't be long until I was trying to crack open space blocks...

gYa2PeQ.jpg

Meanwhile, Jasper mastered his gardening skill.
    "This is great," he explained, "soon I might be able to plants eggs and cheese!"
    "What?" I asked, slightly worrying for his sanity.
    "It's a... gardening opportunity," he said. "Eggs, cheese, burger patties and steak."
    "How bizarre," I said, bewildered.

oeSyntK.jpg

"Hey, Melissa, I have a trait chip for you!" I said excitedly.
    "Oh, thank you. Which one is it?"
    "It's the Steel Chef one," I explained. "Neither Jasper nor I are naturally good at cooking..."
    "Say no more," Melissa replied. "I'll rustle up some of the tastiest meals you have ever eaten."
    "Thank you," I said. "Jasper is an expert gardener, so you will always have top-quality ingredients."
    "Excellent."

Nau6rOT.jpg
    Post edited by Lucy_Henley on
    Part Four: Marriage

Having a Plumbot around the house was a real help. I had to tune her up every so often, and often it would improve her quality. After a few of these tune-ups, she went from "duct taped" to "decent".

K44M6Ra.jpg

Finally, I could smash through space rock blocks like they were nothing. I often found a valuable gem inside, which was even cooler.

QInzvMZ.jpg

I wanted to go and visit the future again, this time taking Jasper and Melissa along with me. So, we went to the time portal outside the abandoned warehouse and stepped through.

jFRW4nK.jpg

I visited the bot emporium, to see if I could buy any new trait chips. None of the ones on offer interested me, so I knew I'd have to make some myself.

imskgPp.jpg

One weird thing about the future is that they have food synthesizers. They sounded pretty great in theory, but the food we got out of them wasn't great. To make things worse, we both got splashed by water when we grabbed our food. Not cool.

JOsmewO.jpg

As much as I enjoy being in the future, I again didn't stay for very long. We went back to Sunset Valley after around 24 hours.

nQa84Pb.jpg

Jasper decided to go and check lottery records whilst we were in Oasis Landing, and it paid off BIG TIME. He won over one MILLION Simoleons. Holy guacamole.

AaRbwn6.jpg

And then the day got TEN TIMES BETTER!!!

tmbJVUv.jpg

*dies of happiness*

r6KZ7rR.jpg

We had a private wedding the next day on our back deck, just us and Melissa.

JTZ8haO.jpg

Melissa baked us our wedding cake, and it tasted amazing!

j8ynyBL.jpg

Later that evening, I mastered the martial arts skill! My lifetime wish is to master three of them, so I'm a third of the way there. As you've probably guessed, it's likely that the other two will be bot building and handiness.

ktskzbb.jpg

5dFSZee.jpg

The next day... I found out I was pregnant! We were both keen to start a family, so I'm glad it happened so quickly. Sadly I won't be able to practise martial arts for now, but I can still mend and upgrade stuff.

zNJvBKr.jpg

Melissa made a perfect-quality meal for the first time, tri-tip tofu steak. It tasted so good. It was definitely worth installing the Steel Chef chip!

pyWrLTc.jpg

Jasper tried to curry favour with the Weather Stone again, but no dice. Poor guy got electrocuted for his trouble. Thankfully he suffered no long-lasting ill effects, I wouldn't have wanted our child to lose his or her father!

hgITRIB.jpg
    Oops, completely forgot about updating this... it's been a while since I played this family, so I'm hazy on some of the details.

Part Five: Parenthood

People often like to discuss what they'd do with a lottery win, but when it actually happens, you can end up with a surprising lack of ideas. One thing that I wouldn't need to spend money on would be a repairman, since I was skilled enough myself. Of course, I knew that having a child would cost a lot, but surely 1 million Simoleons would be (much) more than enough...

DROF0s5.jpg

All too soon, I went into labour. And man oh man, it was just as painful as people said.
    "OH MY PLUMBOB GET THIS CHILD OUT OF ME," I yelled. "I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN RIGHT NOW!"

mM6oh3s.jpg

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait too long. With Jasper watching on, I gave birth to a beautiful little girl. We decided to name her Cassia.

0s60zF6.jpg

One of the other trait chips I'd given Melissa was the RoboNanny chip, which would make my life easier. Naturally I'd be taking care of my own child whenever possible, but Melissa would be able to take over when I needed a rest. I knew lots of families who had nannies and au-pairs for their children.

2Y5tf29.jpg

Aside from an extensive range of edible plants, Jasper also grew Crystal Flowers, which could be charged with various emotions and used to create advanced trait chips. I really wanted to be able to craft either the Simulated Emotions chip or the Sentience one, both of which needed a large number of crystals.

QMkZsaU.jpg

No caption here, just Jasper snuggling his little girl <3

HDerqOO.jpg

I was now so advanced at martial arts that not only was I able to meditate, I was also able to levitate...

zl9rLxr.jpg

... and teleport. Which is pretty dang handy if you ask me!

STOkR1z.jpg

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Lucy_Henley: Awesome chapters. Cool that Amber and Jasper are both fairies. :)
    :) Smile!

Thanks @Puddinroy ! It’s definitely useful having them both be fairies, otherwise one of them would die before the other. The Young Adult and Adult stages last 21 days for normal Sims but they’re 105 days for fairies. The baby, toddler, child and teen life stages for fairies are the same as normal Sims.
    There are more screenshots I can post, but I have to look through them first; I don’t post every single screenshot I take.
  • CarbonCoffee14CarbonCoffee14 Posts: 21 Member
    I really like this story so far - I love the fact that you're combining some of the packs together, I'm curious to see how this story will unfold :)
    Part Six: Oh My Word...

Cassia soon became a toddler, and I moved her into her own room. Some people may think I went a little overboard with the red, but I don't care.

sz5w2af.jpg

Good grief, why does everything break so easily? I wondered as I fixed the dishwasher. There was, of course, the option to use the Unbreakable upgrade, but upgrading things took a lot longer than simply fixing.

ly41E9F.jpg

As I'd hoped, Melissa proved to be an invaluable help. She was able to build up a great relationship with Cassia.

uuUFyBT.jpg

And, of course, I always made plenty of time for Jasper.

iUAyB0A.jpg

Melissa isn't just a chef and nanny. She has plenty of "down time"!

iQFEwm3.jpg

With the weather being so pleasant, Cassia spent a lot of time outdoors in her walker. She was growing up fast!

DCRyrWj.jpg

Since life was going so well, Jasper and I decided to give Cassia a sibling.

Nk21YPg.jpg

Neither Jasper nor I had a traditional job, although Jasper sometimes earned money by selling fruit and vegetables to the supermarket. We were able to spend a lot of time, therefore, on our hobbies. Even though Cassia wasn't yet school-age, I knew that I would encourage her to pursue education and full-time employment if that was what she wanted. After all, we had been extremely lucky in winning the lottery (even checking lotto records in the future doesn't guarantee a huge win), and even lottery winners can squander it all if they're not careful.

IpGIok3.jpg

I managed to master the handiness skill not long after discovering I was pregnant.

79vy1vT.jpg

It seemed like no time at all before I went into labour... (this screenshot wasn't taken on the day of the previous one!)

Q1QBysn.jpg

I ended up giving birth to FOUR kids. Yup, FOUR. Three girls and one boy. In keeping with the nature theme, I named them Fleur, Poppy, Hazel and River (River is the boy). (I didn't get any screenshots of them as babies).

With so many plants, it was inevitable that some of them would die and need to be re-harvested. Jasper would get pretty emotional, which I always felt was a little ridiculous. A dead relative or pet I could understand, but a freaking plant??

agmThwF.jpg

Having so many little ones was getting a little crazy, so I was very happy when Cassia became a child. She looked quite a bit like me at that age.

uAmZwtL.jpg

Cassia was now able to entertain herself, which allowed her father, Melissa and I to focus on the quads. (I still feel a little dizzy even saying that word!)

zpezejd.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the three girls together. Fleur is in pink, Hazel is in green and Poppy is in purple. Yeah, poppies are famously red, but that was already Cassia's colour :D:D Besides, she does have red bows here!

V7wFmM5.jpg

Toddlers are so cute <3

LoJb35S.jpg

Initially, I had Fleur, Poppy and Hazel all share a room with their big sister, and gave River his own space. As I put him to bed one evening, I hoped he wouldn't mind growing up as the only boy in the family. Hopefully he would grow up with a great respect for women.

M1xKbXs.jpg

One thing that lottery winners always seem to do is buy a fleet of fancy cars. Jasper and I decided not to go overboard, and just bought one Margaret Vaguester each. Judging by his driving skills, however, Jasper needed to practise a little more... thankfully there were no pedestrians!

yDs3kVJ.jpg

I've got more screenshots, but I'll end the post here. As to raising four toddlers at once... all I can say is, thank Plumbob for the testingcheats/max motives/make motives static cheat. It's sanity-saving, I tell ya!
    Part Seven: Life Goes On

Although Cassia was happy to share things with her little siblings, she enjoyed having her own space, too. She had her own imaginary friend, who she could talk to whenever she wanted.

4i9DD1n.jpg

Jasper continued to grow his garden, of course. He really fancied a degree of self-sufficiency, and even wanted to develop his fishing skill at some point. Of course, giving Melissa the AI Angler trait would be quicker and easier, but Jasper enjoyed the challenge of learning new things.

0XT0HtE.jpg

Here's a screenshot of *all* the toddlers!

gK3h9u7.jpg

Cassia really enjoyed cooking with her toy oven. After all, who doesn't like making cookies and brownies and cupcakes??

TExQagE.jpg

Since the weather was always so lovely, she also enjoyed spending time in the pool.

FArDtu5.jpg

Jasper always had a huge glut of produce, and even Melissa's cooking didn't use them all up fast enough. With this in mind, therefore, he decided to have a go at nectar making.

GQfo8Ah.jpg

I really wanted to be able to give Melissa the Sentience chip. This would require a number of processors, which were difficult to find. So, I was grateful to remember that I could reverse-engineer nanites to be able to acquire processors more easily.

GU9uU1W.jpg

All too soon, it was time for Cassia's next birthday! Everyone (who was able to) came to celebrate!

dcCVuqD.jpg

Eventually, we decided to give each of the quads their own room, as we had the money and space to renovate. As we'd done for Cassia, we made sure that their assigned colours (which are useful for multiples) were really, really obvious.

QSIOC4U.jpg

It was soon time for the quads to age up, which I was incredibly relieved about as you can imagine.

e0vkJ8B.jpg
    wxc7KEY.jpg
    BjGfMRD.jpg
    j83Vwkr.jpg

Here's Fleur.

MaZwfnY.jpg

Here's Poppy.

wPSMDuA.jpg

Here's River.

0I5IMyi.jpg

And finally, here's a shot of Hazel as she's off to school.

UHXL0Pp.jpg

That's me fully caught up with the Summerbreeze family... so far, at least. All five children have good relationships with their imaginary friends (I think they all have them, I haven't played them in a while so I'll have to double check) so there is the possibility of the IFs becoming real in the future. Obviously the household is at capacity now (Melissa counts as a member of the household) so I'll probably hold off on making them real until they move out. The first time I made an imaginary friend real was with a teen boy, and he eventually married his former IF (who was also male) so maybe something similar could happen!
    Part Eight: Lifetime Wish - Achieved!

Finally, all the kids were off to school, and the house was relatively quiet. I had several hours to myself, and I was trying to decide what to do.

qW6Ezt7.jpg

Jasper, meanwhile, had gone on a seed-hunting trip round town, to find "Special" seeds (whatever those were), as well as picking some wildflowers.

PVTzvUR.jpg

As it turned out, however, River was the only one not to go to school. (Because of the time when he aged up, he is technically a day younger than the girls, and when I clicked on the 'go to school' button it said School Not In Session. It's happened to me before. Also, I notice that their wings aren't showing in these screenshots, they were still just loading).

RuRb79B.jpg

Although he didn't go to school, River still decided to do some educational activities, and went to play with the chess table in our study. His imaginary friend, who he calls Rosie, was with him, although of course I can't see her.

AfBjeMg.jpg

When she came home from school, Cassia had an opportunity from school to learn the charisma skill. So, she decided to do the modern teen thing and learnt it via a podcast.

OuAH8P1.jpg

Fleur, meanwhile, fancied making herself an after-school snack. (That's her IF, Anna).

0Kyhidq.jpg

I decided to sign the kids up for after-school classes. Fleur and Poppy wanted to do ballet, and Hazel and River wanted to do scouting.

XokmKE1.jpg

"Hey, Melissa, I've got a new trait chip for you!"
    "Oh, thank you! Which one is it?"
    "Limitless Learning. You can learn new skills just like we Sims can!"
    "That sounds great. Thank you very much!"
    "No problem, Melissa. Maybe one day I'll be skilled enough to give you Sentience!" I said.
    "That would be a dream come true!"

eaLxxfQ.jpg

All the kids coming home from school! Well, the quads at least.

jaKCs3Q.jpg

Hazel is an athletic kid, and even a full day at school clearly didn't dampen her enthusiasm for a kids' workout. Any form of exercise is a good idea, even if it's only indoors.

tC6mZ0R.jpg

It turns out that River is a pretty helpful kid, as he voluntarily recycled all our old newspapers.

epRZbgA.jpg

I was on our back deck, reading my bot building book. Finally, after a long time spent reading books and experimenting at the building pod, I finally mastered my third skill, and also achieved my Lifetime Wish. What an amazing feeling! I bought myself a Time Remote Control, and decided to switch the future so that it would be Utopian. I really wanted to see what it would be like. (I also gave her a collection helper, so she can find nanites in Oasis Landing free of charge instead of building them).

SKcI88l.jpg
    ZuZosos.jpg

Some information: all the kids have the "loves the outdoors" trait. Cassia's other traits are: natural cook, heavy sleeper and friendly. Fleur's are artistic and lucky. Hazel's are disciplined and athletic. Poppy's are virtuoso and genius. River's are bot fan and genius. All the kids are 2-star celebrities, except for Poppy who's only got 1 star.

I took a break from Sims 3 as the game was running really slowly. I now have a new desktop PC, and everything is running much better! The quads have recently become teenagers. Jasper is still working on the garden, hoping to be able to plant Omni plants. Amber recently discovered how to make the Sentience trait chip, so she’s looking to make that soon once she’s got all the components. Both Cassia and River have the “make their imaginary friends real” opportunity. So that’s two rainbow gems to find potentially, unless someone learns to make the potion with the chemistry table first. Both Amber and Melissa are able to get gems through breaking space rock blocks, so there’s that. The family still have a ridiculous amount of money, and I’m trying to decide what to do with it. They own a future lounge I built in the world. I could have them buy a few more venues.