Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas For Careers And How They Would Work

What are some careers you would like to see in the sims and how would they work?

Architect/Builder- Sims would be given a budget and have to meet the requirements for the build. Having an Architect in game just makes sense. Other wise how do explain houses just appearing.

Seamstress/Tailor- Nifty Knitting but make it so sims can make all the clothes in cas to sell. Would go really well with the retail career. Just saying.

Repair man - There should be an option for The repair person to upgrade items. I don't want sims to learn certain things. And while we're on the topic of sims learning things. We should be able to lock skill levels or prevent sims from learning skills we don't want.

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    A Stage Magician. Skills would be charisma and logic using skills in the game. If your sim is a spellcaster and a Stage Magician they can use it to gain skills in magic with a chance of learning a new random spell or potion during their shift for their spellbook.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    A Stage Magician. Skills would be charisma and logic using skills in the game. If your sim is a spellcaster and a Stage Magician they can use it to gain skills in magic with a chance of learning a new random spell or potion during their shift for their spellbook.
    I thought so too. From kids they can practice and build fame.
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    I think we should get the careers such as librarian, repair person, maid, mail deliverer, makeup artist, director, busker, etc, unlocked for playable sims and then see our sims in those roles when playing other sims. We would still send our sims off to rabbit hole work when we play them, but it would be nice to have “regular” people jobs as an option, and even more fun for story telling purposes to be able to have a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mailman or affairs with the maid (unless we could go to work with them, but that might be asking for too much)
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    maybe a career that involves tarot cards or dead sims.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Would be cool if we had all the npc jobs as options as well, like maid, butler, DJ, etc... This way we could create our own npcs if we wanted, jsut by giving them their respective jobs and setting them free on our save files. haha
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes, I would like very much if they made it possible for the player to decide which sims would fill the positions of server sims.

Oh, and I like the idea of having an architect, it was so much fun in TS3, but I think it would work more friction free in TS4's world, where lots are separated from eachother with loading screens.
  • smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    It would be nice if we had a feature similar to the register with the ministry of labourers (or whatever it was called) but you could also send them away so you could basically invent your own jobs in the sims. It would be nice to have this just as a storytelling element.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I'd like a personal trainer freelance career were we can work from anywhere. You get clients and train them individually or run bootcamps. I would like a sim to be able to bring a boom box and lead a bootcamp or train a client inside any gym, house lot, or outside.

I also would like more full-time rabbit hole jobs like waitress, janitor, secretary, delivery driver.
    I want all of the following NPC jobs to be accessible to us as rabbit hole careers, active careers or freelancer careers:
    Playable maids, nannys, gardeners, community gardener, pizza deliverer, repariman, caterer, entertainer, mixologist, masseuse, landlord, DJ, Butler, Social Worker, Firefighter, Eco Inspector, Mail Carrier, Grim Reaper, Repo Person, Civic Inspector, Yamachan, Librarian, Gym Trainer, Fisherman, Forest Ranger, Massage Therapist, Reflexologist, Yoga Instructor, Waiter, Host, Restaurant Critic, Stall Vendor, Statue Busker, Romance Guru, Paparazzi, Bouncer, Director, Producer, Camera Operator, Special Effects Operator, Makeup Artist, OGA Agente, Conspiracy Theorist and Sage. As well as any NPC job added in future or past packs/updates.
    I really hate that I can't control who's going to be my service NPC, as well as I don't understand why those possibilities are in-game and out of our options. I don't need all the games careers to be 10 levels paying huge amounts of money, sometimes I play regular people with regular income that are happy anyway.
    As I also love to play rotationally, would be lovely to see someone who I play that is a maid (maybe Kaylynn Langerak?), working for my current family. And all of the other npc jobs too.
  • Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 27 Member
    @Forgeron That's what I'd like to have in the game since the beginning. I'm playing rotationally too and that would add so much more background stories to my sims and worlds.
    @Cleo60 yeah. I would even be ok if they had to release those careers one by one, until Sims 4 ended. Instead of adding all of them at once. I'm ok with that, cuz it would benefit me so much.
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Can we ask for this when the feedback forums open? I think the more of us ask the better our chances!
  • JawbreakerJawbreaker Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this idea last night and can’t stop thinking of it.

An interactive Olympic Athlete Career. Athletic sims would get a boost for it, it can be added as a new aspiration, and sims can choose the subcategory of Olympic sport they would play. Depending on that, they would get a performance in the winter or summer Olympics.Regular work days would be at a training gym. Eh? Feel free to add.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Game dev. With option to hire artists and other programmers to speed things up. Become an entrepreneur and name your business. There's a mod for it as a career but it doesn't seem to work, or maybe I simply don't know how to use it yet.
  • KbosemanKboseman Posts: 1 New Member
    I think we should have a career for hairdressers and stylist….
    Honestly I would have liked to become an entrepreneur like that girl in eco lifestyle. Why put money into her business if you want to invest in your own?
  • BrookeBCreativityBrookeBCreativity Posts: 17 Member
    I would love a manager, dancer, and a professional singer career.

Professional Singer:
    We have the entertainer career but that's more about like fancy private events and stuff, I'm talking like a pop icon or rockstar career.
    This would either make you boost charisma plus a music skill, or it would make the singing skill base game.
    It could work kind of like the acting career, you could choose to record and album and go to a rabbit hole with occasional popups about what kind of music you want to make. (similar to the auditions, but just adding popups) You could meet a manager and maybe even some backup dancers for a music video.
    If you did well on the album you could perform at a concert, you could choose to actually go there and perform the actions at the concert or just send your sim through a rabbit hole.
    If you have Get Famous you would gain fame for every album release and a bunch of fame for every concert, and the more fame you have the better your albums do. If you have Eco Lifestyle you could get texts from people like Knox Greenburg about supporting the environment and doing a song about the trees, and if you put a certain word about trees or the environment in the title then the environment quality can go to green, if you don't it just stays at neutral. There are other cross pack compatibility things that could happen but those are the two that I thought of.

Dancer:
    This would make the dancing skill base game if the career wasn't added as a pack refresh to Get Together.
    At the beginning of the career you could pick what kind of dancing you could do (ballet, hip-hop, all of the above, etc.) and could switch at any point, and you could interact with a manager and the singer or entertainer the performed the music you're dancing to.
    It would be a rabbit hole career with the option of working at home, but there would be one day once a week where you had to come into work instead of working at home.
    Later on in the career you would get the option of being a choreographer or of becoming a professional dancer.
    If you have Get Famous you would gain fame. If you have Spa Day your boss could recommend a day at the Spa if you're getting a bit rusty. If you have a pack that includes festivals you could be asked to dance at the festival.

Manager:
    You would have to work on the logic and charisma skills for the career.
    This would be an agent style career, you could call it agent or manager that's flexible. You would manage the careers of the dancers, singers, and entertainers. (and actors if you have Get Famous) Occasionally you could get a call from your client saying something about their latest project that they want their manager to remember. You would automatically gain relationship with your clients without having to do the socialize with co-workers interaction. Sometimes on weekends you would have to go to a rabbit hole for 2 or 3 hours to manage a concert or dance video.
    If you have Get Famous you would be asked to go to a client's acting gig and if you got to level 9 of the career you would become a notable newcomer. If you have Eco Lifestyle or City Living you could be asked to ask your client to promote a charity in some of their work.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    An active career for a boxer or MMA fighter, centered around Fitness and Charisma for the skills and with daily tasks like maintaining a social media presence—and, of course, winning fights against NPC sims at the actual job site.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    As so many have already mentioned the first stage should be careers for every kind of job there is in town that are now done by townies - maid, repair man, librarian, DJ, social worker... (to name a few). Other careers I'd want to see:

* Tourism/hotel (to go with a new type of venue, hotel. You'd start as cleaner and work your way via the front desk to manager to hotel tycoon).
    * Architect
    * Manual labourer for adults as full time
    * Nurse
    * Police
    * Fireman
    * Ice skater (if you have seasons)
    * Military

And I loved the idea someone mentioned above about letting us create our own rabbit hole careers in game via ministry of labour.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Sims registered with the Ministry of Labor should be able to choose their salary, workday (to the rabbit hole), or work from home. Nifty Knitting has Plopsy & Eco Lifestyle has Simply Crafted, but we should also be able to launch web retail shops in the Freelance career with Buy items that don't necessarily need crafting. Being able to own or manage Community Lots like Bars, Cafes, Gyms would definitely add some depth. Or at least have that option when creating a Generic Lot. It's been 7 years. We seasoned Simmers have to mod & cheat our way to happiness.
    Sims 3 allowed us to buy out places. I'm surprised Sims 4 does not.
  • BabsTheBuilderBabsTheBuilder Posts: 9 New Member
    Bouncer: You'd have to keep sims in check, kick out sims, protect celebrities from paparazzi, check id's and kick out teens. Could get tickets from celebrities for shows/concerts, bribes from teens, get into fights. Could be hired by other NPC sims to bounce for birthdays, weddings, parties.

Day Care Owner/Operator: You'd take care of toddlers, teach shapes, teach to talk, give nap time, feed, play games, have puppet shows, call parents to pick up sick toddlers, stop them from biting. Could help toddler realize their artistic or genius potential, have nightmares about the evil toddler, work late due to parents not showing up.

Town/City Worker:
    - Public Worker: Look after parks and public areas, clean garbage, kick out woohooers from bushes or public bathrooms, witness crimes, find lost pets. Host events such as concerts, farmers markets, flea markets, protests.
    - Gravekeeper: Work at cemeteries, keep out teens, keep ghosts where they should be, dig graves, keep clean, place flowers, have funerals/memorials, have weddings for vampires/witches etc.

Museum Curator: Give tours, discover secret tunnels and collectables, keep statues asleep at night, keep clean, keep out robbers, detect counterfeit art, study history and correct documents, buy art, create art, travel to collect art. Host galas, celebrity birthdays/weddings, workshops.