Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle vs Snowy Escape

If you absolutely had to buy ep from 2020 which one do you think is better?

(or if you bought either one or both which did you like better?)

this is purely for science

explanations appreciated
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Eco Lifestyle vs Snowy Escape 158 votes

Eco Lifestyle
37%
BlkBarbiegalCamkatSimpatsyannsam123sunshineandsimoleonsPaigeisin5xXPandoraXxOnendOnliYazziePurpleThistlessimmietimemat555XOBABEXO3elelunicyBabykittyjadeHarukotyanDaraviLadyKynmrkingvAPottspammiechick 59 votes
Snowy Escape
62%
Akl500PCK213Frn0731EvvieSimmerGoldmoldarGalacticGalIcewolfbandit5Nighteyeslove7680JueJueAprilDawnAngel_mixIsb917keekee53babajayneelanorbretonhaneulBeardedgeekAnmirla 99 votes

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    As much as I love snowy escape ecolifestyle just fit my playstyle better. One of my most used packs still. Snowy escape is more like a happy family vacation. Ecolifestyle gets into the nitty gritty 😈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Gonna have to go with Eco Lifestyle.

Snowy escape is aesthetically pleasing, I love that we have a world that's not just a suburban area. Like the snowy activities, various Japanese recipes and been adding vending machines too different community lots too which makes a better difference compared to the retail fridges, BUT Eco Living has a lot more gameplay for sure. Didn't think I would like it much, NAPS aside since the majority of them are borked or just overwhelming the pack is what I'd consider a full expansion.

Plus I can use a lot of the items on a home lot or elsewhere as it's not restrained to one world.

I enjoyed the fizzing station and candle making station a lot more than I thought I would. Probably because sims having a lot more hobbies be it for money making purposes or otherwise is ALWAYS welcomed. Also, I like the random chance phone calls that is reminiscent to the first sims game. Makes things a lot more interesting and adds more story to the game for sure.

Also, living off the grid gets a lot more interesting with this pack, especially when I've been playing as a hobo just digging around in dumpsters. :tongue:

Snowy escape is really just if you have sims of that culture living there or just for vacationing purposes. Kinda like Salvadorada for the most part.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Both were themes I wanted, but Snowy Escape actually works, while Eco Lifestyle still has issues. Changes we make to the worlds are not consistent, and reset with rotating (sometimes I suspect traveling with my active household is enough).

That aside I enjoy winter sports a bit more, so I'd probably still vote for Snowy if Eco worked flawlessly. Plus, I can turn off Lifestyles in Snowy, whereas I cannot get rid of the intrusive, character breaking phonecalls that came with Eco.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Hard decision, but I have to go with EL, as that has the CAS I use the most :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I have both and I ADORE Eco Lifestyle. I haven't had most of the issues that are making other people unhappy though. I also haven't fully explored SE yet. Mostly because I keep going back to my EL things.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I have both and even though EL is low on my list of EPs I'd rate it higher then SE mostly because what EL adds effects and can be used in other worlds and I find myself using more EL stuff then SE and thinking about what kind of footprint do I want this lot to have.

SE is good though. I like sending sims to snowboard or ski and then relax at the onsen to wind down. I also like Mt. Komorebi cause it has a lot of exploreable area and the world is unique compared to other worlds. In all honesty Evergreen Harbor is one of my least liked words. I mean I like how it changed based on the naps you have enacted but overal i don't see myself using the world that much. If SE offered more gameplay outside of the world it would be higher then EL.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It's a tough decision for me. I was 100% behind the theme of Eco Lifestyle, but I was hit really badly with its bugs. I'm not really into snow, but I love the Japan-inspired world of Snowy Escape. I'm very happy I get to have both packs. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I've wanted an asian inspired world and build/buy for so long. I've just merged this lovely world into my gameplay with complete ease. I enjoy taking my sims hiking with others.. it gives a more real feel to the relationships growing to walk and talk together, and although sentiments were made base game it has also helped many of my sims relationships feel more personal and connected. I haven't played a bad guy since I got this pack... so I'm not sure of all the ins and out yet especially regarding sentiments... but I'm looking forward to finding out more.. The sports are fun. I'm enjoying doing the aspirations and I love the proper trait. I like everything to do with food in this pack (hotpot, chopstick use that makes it seem more inherent to my sim, and more natural.. it makes more sense now for my characters, the kotatsu table, the foods.. including vending machine possibles) I could go on.
    Eco Living while I really enjoy parts of it is not a loved theme for me. I'm still using it and it's entertaining. It helps me build better characters through hobbies especially and can inspire some fun gameplay with NAPS.. but it just doesn't rate as high for me overall.
    egTcBMc.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Because it's Asian-inspired and I really wanted something like that for a long time. I will probably move my sims to Mt. Komorebi and get a lot out of the pack through that, whereas I don't see my sims ever really living in Evergreen Harbor.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Snowy Escape
    The NAPs in Eco destroy the game. Otherwise it would be a rather good pack. Snowy Escape is great.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Eco lifestyle. It offers one of the most complex systems they added yet (eco footprint) and the gameplay is as deep as it gets, with many new goals that your sims can achieve: making a neighboorhood green, running your own candlemaking or fizzy juice business, eco upgrading your whole house and lower your bills, creating all of the furniture in your hose, organizing the local community etc. You need to put a lot of effort to accomplish these goals, you follow your sim in every step and you see the immediate result of you sim's efforts. For me eco lifestyle is the work pack we didnt got with get to work.
    Snowy escape is a good pack that follows on the steps of island living, offering a new world to explore and it has many new snow activities. I have no complains about it. I just thing eco lifestyle is better.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Easy choice. Eco Lifestyle is awful, it's the only Sims 4 pack that I regret buying and Snowy Escape is one of my favorites.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    Eco Lifestyle
    Snowy Escape was just boring. Nothing about it is interesting. Eco may be a mess but at least it kept me entertained for more than a week.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    none really but i'd say eco lifestyle as it seems to have more gameplay (or at least it tries). also it has the prank calls which i would've preferred on base game but whatever. the pack isn't so bad really if we compare it to ts4 expectatives, it's just they released it on bad moment.
    snowy escape, although winter & japan are amazing, the pack felt too rushed and half of it is recycled. the whole controversy just made things worse and overall it's a boring pack. both themes deserved better.

overall packs on ts4 really have potential to be amazing, but devs have to cut too many corners the game ends up with recycled & recolored stuff, full of bugs & glitches instead of content.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    seeing that these both are 50% off atm
    I chose to grab snowy escape for christmas fun :sunglasses:

we'll see in few days if I'll start regretting this choice and hoping i bought eco lifestyle instead :lol: (don't have it either)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Snowy Escape
    NAP = nightmare
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I voted for Snowy Escape, I plan to get that pack as soon as possible.
    I was interested in Eco Lifestyle at first, but with the bugs, and the NAPS, I opted out on it.
    Plus, I like the theme of Snowy Escape more, I like the Japanese theme and the look of it. I didn't like the theme of Eco Lifestyle, because I don't want pollution showing up in my other worlds. So, out of the two, I choose Snowy Escape over Eco Lifestyle.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I'm relatively neutral because I like the world & Cas/BB for EL and I think Snowy Escape might need more to do but I should play with it more before making a full judgement on it. I prefer the theme of Snowy Escape and it has more features that actually interest me but EL has a quirky character that I like. I think the modern eco-style of EL does add to my game. On the other hand, while I said that I actually want more to do in SE, it does still have a lot and it is fun.

Maybe my opinion will change when I play SE more but I think SE actually needs something more, like a culture skill or some added feature since the shrine was replaced. I like that EL has friends and neighbors visiting. It's just that with SE, I've sent a few sims and they've stayed in the beautiful houses. They've learned some winter sports, eaten the food and gone to the onsen but then I end up saying, "Now what?" I sent one to the bar and it was a bit boring. I know they put a lot into the vending machines but otherwise the bar felt like it could have been anywhere.

I think Jungle Adventure did a good job of mixing culture, different ways to spend time and optional challenges. I might get into Mt. Komorebi more when I play it more and when I send my cross-cultural family there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    edited December 2020
    after playing Snowy Escape for couple of days some thoughts:

1. I wish there was additional indoors activity

now hear me out I often have quite many vampires in my game BUT hot pot? of no use to vampire that cannot eat human food.
    outdoors? can't go during daytime no matter how great

all that is left is to nap and watch tv which they could do at home all the same

obviously i could give them daylight power or take them hiking at night but its just...kinda weird (I'll probably get used to it eventually tbh or mix packs but you know just playing how it is before i edit anything i wish there was something like even just dancing or new instrument or whatever)

2. build mode problematics, especially with swatches

for example: having all those new beautiful wood patterns but no matching floor?? painful one.

3. festivals???

I just honestly have no idea what you are supposed to do about the snow one like is it pretty? yeah. is there gameplay? fail to see it. (other ones no idea didn't have yet but its probably similar considering the lack of activity items)

4. having to return to starting point to hike to other place is just kinda silly don't you think?

some things i did not expect to like but i really like:

1.the new mascot

I love its just yamachan not some other randomly named sim in yamachan costume like with university ones

2. items getting stuck in vending machines so my sims waste money yes yes and more yes i love it

3. watching my sims just chill out on them slopes and hike and whatever like its actually quite nice +I love that i can sled with toddlers cause idk toddlers need some stuff to do too

(i was very disappointed to find rentals not having potty and toddler bed by default though gamechangers this is my one shade for u but i guess ep didnt add new ones (which well shade to ep)so yall just forgot they exist)
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Just bought Snowy Escape today, and I am loving the pack. I used some gift money to get it.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I grew up in sunny Southern California, and even though the mountains were only about an hour's drive away, it's not like we spent much time in the snow. I never went skiing, only got to ride on a toboggan once and now after my brain surgery these things are restricted. I love watching my Sims do the things that look like so much fun, but are in their own way a tad dangerous. Certainly, for me. That's why I purchased Snowy Escape and I refused to purchase Eco Living, because the very fact they advertised it as 'change the way you play the game' made it repulsive to me. Now, I'm all for being a responsible steward of this planet, I just don't want to be a slave to it. I don't wish to be led around by the nose, so to speak, and play this game the way someone else wishes me to play. What would be the point? I play this game to relax and shut-out the world. Why on Earth would I want smog in my neighborhoods? I've already moved out of Southern CA. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited December 2020
    yeah I'm actually quite unsure how i feel about eco lifestyle as theme so i skipped it for now

it has some key items id really like to add in my game but the whole theme is just odd and idk to what degree i care about my sims living ecologically and if i want that type of realism or not
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Eco Living added more game play, and I use it the most. Overall, I was pretty disappointed in Snowy Escape. Some of it is really awesome, and then the rest is more like an after thought. Since I control the NAPs and all that, I have zero issues with Eco - and I can play with all the fun stuff.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I have always wanted a pack like Snowy Escape. When I played Sims Vacation I used to spend the whole time in the snow world. I wanted a constantly snowy world for Sims 4 and it's now here in Snowy Escape. I really like the snowboarding and that it's now on an actual mountain rather than a halfpipe. The mountain has a lot of options for how the Sim goes down it. I think the hiking and the Japanese theme are a nice touch that adds to the game, but it's the snow that I mainly wanted. I think they've done a really good job with Snowy Escape.

Eco Lifestyle is a theme that I just have no interest in. I don't care to have my Sims clean up the environment. I like he packs that add fun things to do to my game like Snowy Escape and Island Living.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Just got snowy escape I think lifestyle seems more decent than NAP or eco footprint mess.