Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your current Sims and their home!

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    [Update #2]
    Another major milestone for my college prepped sims.
    It's graduation day for the first batch.
    01-03-21_12-34-25_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I did have a bit of confusion.
    My sims were taking 3 courses per term. I thought that meant 4 terms to graduate.
    I swear they only attended for 3.
    01-03-21_12-35-33_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I don't mind if that is the case now.
    Uni is slog when you have a lot of sims to rotate through.
    01-03-21_12-37-12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

We now jump to Nami Kimura on Mt. Komorebi.
    01-03-21_1-11-49_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She is not leaving for Smuggsworth yet.
    01-03-21_1-16-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

She's attending orientation before moving in.
    Along with 2 other future students that I have limited control over at the moment.
    01-03-21_1-18-31_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

For the sake of immersion and in case I want to through a graduation party for the current students graduating from Uni. I can have connections to the incoming students and invite them to the party.
    01-03-21_1-19-58_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Meeting with the school counselor/ Foxbury professor is the most important task.
    01-03-21_1-23-12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Will you two get in here?
    [It's like herding cats.]
    01-03-21_1-24-21_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Okay, formality achieved, you two can wander now.
    Zane decides to drop in. He will be here when Nami arrives. Basically an upperclassmen.
    01-03-21_1-25-11_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Nice to meet you, senpai."
    01-03-21_1-26-17_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am really happy with how this is all playing out.
    01-03-21_1-26-47_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hugs for Yuki Behr.
    01-03-21_1-29-31_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I have to decide where my grads are going.
    Yuki will move in with her sister initially, but will strike off on her own in a tiny home on Windenburg island.
    She's a loner and should love painting in her art studio there.
    01-03-21_1-29-46_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Now for a tour.
    These three will be my first prep students to go on to Foxbury .
    So science is the path for them.
    01-03-21_1-32-05_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

01-03-21_1-33-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Nami is going for a career as a scientist.
    So it will be a Foxbury Physics degree for her. A bit short for this device. She will grow into it. :D
    01-03-21_1-33-27_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Gamma Vareen and Cedric Dortz are also going for Physics degrees.
    However, Cedrick will become a Mechanical Engineer.
    01-03-21_1-33-46_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Nami used to be named Ling in another save and she knew Olivia and Melonie well.
    01-03-21_1-36-52_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My game is basically re-imagining all those sims, so I want Nami to have a connection with these two.
    01-03-21_1-37-51_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The next time I see Nami, Gamma, and Cedric, they will be departing for Smuggsworth Prep.
    01-03-21_1-37-00_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2021
    Here's another one of my households! Meet the Tanaka Family.

qY8qYPc.png

There's the dad, Spencer, who is a surgeon, the mom, Virginia, who is food critic, and their daughters, Chloe (teen) and Eliana (child). Virginia's sister, Carolina, is living a rough life, and has had two children out of wedlock, pictured here - Bradley (child), and Amara (toddler). Carolina is still out roughing it on the streets and struggling with some addictions, so Virginia and Spencer have taken their niece and nephew in and taken on the role of their caregivers.

The Tanaka's live in one of those super nice apartments in San Myshuno with two stories. They actually have enough rooms to give all four kids their own bedroom. Here's some screen shots.

pdxyur2.png

YlLto2m.jpg
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    A final update to my main family, since I feel like their story is wrapped up.
    nJJvrg2.png
    Hunter would meet his sisters, Misty and Mariah, in magic school. Unlike the rest of their family, they got along pretty well. They're all quick magic learners, so they got to leave magic school early and study from home.

OVK2bBj.png
    With all of the kids living under one roof, the house got an expansion.

ecpSBOS.png
    Yukio and Isla got back together, which wasn't part of the original plan but whatever. They're currently dating; Isla still doesn't want to settle down into a normal life, so she still lives in the church in Windenburg. It's a long-distance relationship, but they visit each other every other month.

krpn7S3.png
    Yukio had to temporarily close the restaurant when he accidentally set a kid on fire.

ih1SPw7.png
    But the restaurant would come back stronger than ever the next day. It's currently bleeding money and only has a 1½ star rating, but the kids are willing to help keep it running.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member

@permanentrose Do you always create your own sims? They are always so gorgeous! The Tanaka family is very handsome. :smile:

HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
    edited January 2021

@permanentrose Do you always create your own sims? They are always so gorgeous! The Tanaka family is very handsome. :smile:

@FatTribble23 I often will find sims in the gallery who have a vague look of what I want to create (it’s exhausting to always start with a random sim who looks nothing like what I’m working toward, so I use the gallery to find a base for my creations), but I do end up editing facial features, proportions, and adding CC skin overlays, so the answer is both yes and no :)

Thank you though! I will take a little credit lol
    edited January 2021
    Here's another family, the Turner Family. They are related to my main family, the Douglas-Goldstein Family, featured back a bit in this topic and also in my signature. Callie, the mother, is Rose's sister. Also featured are her husband, Paul, and their children, Frances (teen), Leo (child), Elsie (toddler), and Louise (baby). Also Sam the dog.

1EXunZk.jpg

This poor family, I started building them a house a few months ago and just never finished it. One day I will go back to it. One part I did finish was the playroom for the kids and I do love how that turned out. I don't play this family directly much, but since they are related to my main family, they come over and visit a lot. Leo and Beatrix are best friends and partners in crime.

w8ztsHq.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @permanentrose How did you get the baby out of the bassinet?!
    edited January 2021
    @Simtown15 I technically didn't haha. I have an invisible bassinet in my game which allows me to use CC cribs. So the baby is still attached to a spot, just without the bassinet there, so they just float in the air until I put them in a CC crib. But since the bassinet doesn't show up, I can "stage" photos like this haha. I posed the rest of the family in line with where the mom would stand to pick up the baby, and that's how I achieved this effect, but it's nothing more than an illusion. My baby is just as much as an object tied to a certain spot as much as anyone else's unfortunately haha
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,903 Member
    XRCYrAK.png
    Anna is teen now.

House still the same, just redecorated her room.
    cUpBea4.png
    HCSKBrl.png
    qgNRjNr.png

added her photos and stuff later
    EmbofLj.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu She's beautiful! I love that she's still wearing overalls though, a nice little nod toward her childhood <3 She does look a lot like her mama. Is that a CC skin overlay on her?
    @permanentrose , yes, same overlay what Veera has, she just has the most transparent version.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    @Simtown15 I technically didn't haha. I have an invisible bassinet in my game which allows me to use CC cribs. So the baby is still attached to a spot, just without the bassinet there, so they just float in the air until I put them in a CC crib. But since the bassinet doesn't show up, I can "stage" photos like this haha. I posed the rest of the family in line with where the mom would stand to pick up the baby, and that's how I achieved this effect, but it's nothing more than an illusion. My baby is just as much as an object tied to a certain spot as much as anyone else's unfortunately haha

I would love to know what mod you use for the invisible bassinet. I can't stand the dull bassinet they give us. Please, and thank you, in advance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @PriestessBizarre , thank you :)

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Today's Sim is James Blunt.

50812959687_3a4e4d0bc9_b.jpg

I spent most of my playtime today creating him and starting on his house. It's going to be an old cottage in the most logical spot -- Magnolia Promenade. :lol: I'm out of room in most worlds, so I decided that when the corporate fat cats bought up most of the property in that area, this old homestead held out. The house is inspired by a real cottage in the town where James Blunt grew up in real life. It's not finished yet.

50812844741_34bb8cb92a_b.jpg
    50812844876_834b6f7252_b.jpg
    50812103223_26810cf2fb_b.jpg

I still have more to do on his house. Eventually, I will put shrubs and stuff all around the stream to make it look natural instead of manmade. I need to do more work on the bridge, the terrain, and other things too. I spent some time dealing with routing issues. I wanted him to use the bridge to go home, and I wanted the stream to be swimmable.

The house has been in his family for generations, but most of the furniture had to be sold over the generations to pay bills. So some of it is old furniture, and some of it is his stuff. He was in the military, so I tried to give some of it that vibe. He's just starting out, so he doesn't have much money, and he's been traveling with the military, so he doesn't have a lot of possessions anyways. His focus is mainly on his music, so I tried to reflect that in the house. He doesn't spend his money on a lot of rugs and things like that.

50812101368_d96aa54ea2_b.jpg
    50812845631_e39dedcbc6_b.jpg
    50812101863_e92d6fa9d7_b.jpg
    50812845846_87e8051f17_b.jpg

For some reason, I gave this house a closet for my first time.

50812846276_69aa936e0f_b.jpg
    50812102223_52cd7f09fb_b.jpg

The laundry room is in the basement.

50812102323_b275118af3_b.jpg

There's a weird little attic room that doesn't have much in it yet. I wanted him to own very little starting out.

50812846811_954771497d_b.jpg

I decided the old house would have had a stable in the past. At first I was going to have him use it as a garage or something, but then I decided to give him a horse.

50812101103_accef70999_b.jpg
    50812845271_3152414683_b.jpg

It will be interesting for me to see how the cottage changes as I play him.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Today I added Jean-Luc Picard to my Star Trek: The Next Generation household. I originally added them to a random Maxis house that looked something like this:

50815705813_18d1f778fe_b.jpg

50816450091_d8877eb506_c.jpg

I couldn't find room for another bedroom in the original house, so I added an "in-law" unit today. It now looks like this:

50815703753_3f86126b6a_b.jpg

Ecology is important to them, so there are lots of solar panels, wind turbines, and grass.

This is the upstairs of Jean-Luc's separate house. Naturally he has a tea set.

50816448266_1d4432e191_b.jpg

This is the downstairs. He has lots of room for entertaining. He only has a kitchenette, not a full kitchen, because he eats with the rest of his friends.

50816549852_4957db8ce9_b.jpg

This is what the main house looks like now:

50816550037_c344e3d019_b.jpg

50816448691_55d304469d_b.jpg

Data and his daughter, Lal, share a room.

50816550302_98ee9931a2_b.jpg

I decided it would be fun to make Deanna's area cluttery and girly.

50816550447_e64e00676e_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Here's a "new" family I'm playing currently, which consists of twins Daniel and Jayden Lin. They're actually an old family of mine from when I first got the game, and their mom is one of the first sims I ever made, but I wanted to start fresh with them, so I gave them makeovers and moved them to a new save. Their parents and younger siblings live in Mt. Komorebi, and I might play with them as well, but the twins are my main focus
    NuL2Oa0.png

They have a cat named Nacho
    LJt99Kw.png

They live together in this apartment in Evergreen Harbor. Jayden is currently a civil designer, and Daniel is studying Drama at Britechester. I'm hoping for them to get enough money for an actual house, so Jayden has room to start making candles and selling them on Plopsy.
    4Npl50f.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @mia_noelle97 Plopsy again! I can’t believe that’s its actual name! :D It reminds me of a toddler using the potty! :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The Wangs moved to an eccentric and possibly *haunted* cottage in Windenburg.
    01-27-21-6-53-39-PM.png
    01-27-21-6-51-35-PM.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited January 2021
    Okay, finally have knocked the 'bugs' out of my newest build after having my family move into it. Best way to find those pesky problems, no?
    Here is the original house I built for my Global Superstar, as it appeared in Sims' Better Homes & Gardens.
    sLtsvGD.jpg

Backstory is, due to a dryer fire, the house suffered a great deal of damage. Even though it was restored, the stench of smoldering wood couldn't be removed. So, Erik had another house built. But, first, let me introduce you to my family.
    Here is Erik Cantrell and his first three children: the eldest, Jamison, and his younger identical twin sisters, Melodie and Harmony on the day the photography crew from the magazine came to show off the young Global Superstar's house.
    phZDu2U.jpg

Here is Erik and Kayleigh just prior to the conception of their 'fourth child', Andrew
    YQDmQCv.jpg
    And here is Andrew on one of his 'better' days.
    t7rV2Xs.jpg
    Here is Paul being comforted after the demise of his maternal grandfather.
    XvkyNHd.jpg
    And here is the newest, Baby number six, Cadence.
    1unI0XA.jpg

And here is their new house:
    1hOLb24.jpg
    Inside: Main floor.
    uKeqBwm.jpg
    csfLVWT.jpg
    rnLaONE.jpg
    Second Floor:
    JAhMbGa.jpg
    1fK00tX.jpg
    znNJeKN.jpg

Inside Rooms:
    Main Floor: Kitchen; dining room: Erik's Music Room behind the fancy door.
    bLqAiY1.jpg
    Jamison grabbing a late evening snack
    sIVDj0n.jpg
    Music Room, view from the door:
    uPtk4Uo.jpg
    From the bar:
    8dG6zZX.jpg
    Also from the bar:
    pI852VP.jpg
    Music Room Fireplace:
    WCxQmNj.jpg

Fireplace Keeping Room:
    9LYl2vU.jpg
    Foyer:
    yeQNL8P.jpg
    Formal Livingroom from upper foyer arch:
    evdQF9G.jpg
    Formal Livingroom from inside the room: (It should be noted that this room has vaulted ceilings.) From the bridge upstairs you can overlook the room.
    zT11M4x.jpg
    From the fireplace:
    ZnlEtjw.jpg

The Master Bath:
    lLrNJ7S.jpg

This house was designed by Frank Betz Associates, Inc. found in Designer DREAMHOMES Issue Thirteen, 2006

I made a few alterations to this plan to better suit the playability of it in game. Plus, I added the platforms.

Thanks for looking. :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    87UucxP.png
    Last toddler, Hannah is now a child :)

JB1pjFJ.png
    House is still the same, just fast changes at her room for now :)

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Wow! Hannah grew up into a very beautiful child eh? I knew she would considering her parents are good looking as well. Cute room too! Thanks for the update! :)
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    This is the home of the sim I've been playing the past couple of days. It's a slightly renovated and completely redecorated version of a lovely original from the Gallery by marjia. The sim who lives here is originally from the city, so I chose to give the house a much more urban styling than one might usually see in the Newcrest suburbs.

DJIlpbp.png

This is the homeowner, An Evans. He loves warm colors, especially reds and peachy-pinks. And also French toast, apparently.

9jqbyve.png

The house was meant to serve as a single person's home for quite some time, so I haven't finished the upstairs yet. But I guess I'll be forced to do it now, as An juuuust learned that there's an unexpected new family member on the way. I'm not including more exterior views because I forgot to take more. Oops, lol. But here, have another view of the dining room, plus the kitchen.
    kmJvlBG.png

rKgU9S0.png

Living Room views:
    BivaaXX.png

vx4Lrw6.png

OmWHUfW.png

Also, a tiny room probably originally meant to be a study, but An uses it as a media room.
    ZBSFvss.png

An's bedroom views:
    0kkD5yr.png

8v98oZp.png

ab762Ik.png
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)