Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your current Sims and their home!

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited December 2020
    @CK213 It's actually just the pose I'm using. Most family/couple's poses are made for male and female couples and I've noticed that pose creators seem to like to make the male poses a bit taller than the female ones (even though all teen and up sims are the same height in game). When posing a same sex couple and using a pose technically made for a heterosexual couple, I have to pick which sim I want to put in each role - For this family, I usually put Rose as the female sim (most often the shorter sim) just because I would have her be a bit shorter than Carrie if the game allowed for it without CC. You can see it happening here in this other lesbian couple I posed the other day. It does kind of make a nice aesthetic for some photos to have that heigh variation even if it doesn't actually exist in game.
    ODQXKEF.png

As you can see in this screenshot though, Rose and Carrie are exactly the same height

PBt0IqF.png

Wow, I didn't expect that. I thought it was a height mod.
    It's funny though, because it sent me on a height quest and I found it.

There were two versions, a Short and Shorter.
    I went with the shorter because the height difference was very noticeable.
    12_20_20_1_51_33_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Now that I see it, I don't want my sims going directly from child height to adult height.
    That certain something that is a part of age progression now feels like it is back.
    12_20_20_1_50_47_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

There was sure to be a downside.
    I gave the sim a bicycle test since that would probably show some issues.
    Height modded sims sit lower in their seat and clip though it. That should be the case for all seating.
    12_20_20_1_53_41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Clothing seem to be okay and I ran some other tests.
    I think I can live with the seat clipping.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @CK213 Yeah I tried height sliders once and then got annoyed that some of the animations wouldn't line up. I would for sure love to have slightly shorter teens (or just have height differences in ALL sims for better variation) but I didn't like the animation/interaction irregularities so I decided just to deal with it
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member

I spent the day building Roza (Hunter's Twin) and Darius's house.
    ZvL7jCX.png
    Their Kitten, Ghost
    uoS7Wqx.png
    And their house in Newcrest
    Q8n94aO.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I actually have a reasonable update for the family.
    bHOJ6zY.png
    Yukio started fishing and woodworking, which helped him save up enough money to improve the house. (The Eco Lifestyle call that nets you free $2,500 helped a lot too.) Despite feeling depression over his inactive lifestyle, he was able to settle down and make a good home.

MBEDTnh.png
    Their home got an upgrade, going from a trailer to a small house.

HzDVa4o.png
    I had to change the roof because the old one made it difficult to see things.

Zsku6SH.png
    Ej9Ya17.png
    You know you're livin' large when you can afford cabinets.

DGEMqwn.png
    Yukio also started his own "restaurant" (read: food stand) near Pupperstone Park. He had to keep it closed all winter, but now that things are warming up, he's eager to get the thing up and running again.

QH5AjJz.png
    Aaaand that's everything. If the restaurant stuff goes well, I can see the family taking a trip to Selvadorada (Yukio is 1/4th Selvadoradian and wants to learn more about his heritage), or Windenburg (so Hunter can meet his mother and sisters.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    edited December 2020
    My current sim is in university right now and lives on-campus, so she doesn't have a home yet.

Here's Isabella Wilkins, the gen 3 heir of my legacy. She goes to Foxbury and is majoring in biology so she can become a doctor. She's also on the soccer team and a member of the Spirit Squad.
    tew1mB8.png

She lives in the house that's on campus. Here's her room:
    O8jXhj4.png

Also, here's her with her boyfriend Jonah. I don't play with Jonah, but I did make him. She'll probably move in with him next term into a house off-campus. After she graduates they'll hopefully get married and move back in with her parents and little brother. I'll show them later when that actually happens. I'm not going to show her parents' house because I'm rebuilding it when Isabella moves back in with them.
    3MhObiu.png
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @mia_noelle97 Isabella looks very similar to Angela Pleasant!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited December 2020
    Update #1
    Here is the first update to my Smuggsworth Prep sims.
    09_07_20_11_22_54_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Cassandra, Meadow and Zane have aged up to young adults and have started their first term at Britechester University.12_22_20_7_23_12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Already with the food.
    12_21_20_9_09_38_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

We'll just put that away so it doesn't spoil.
    12_21_20_9_10_13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I must have forgotten to set Cassandra's courses. She only has one class this term.
    She'd better enjoy it because she will be taking heavier loads to catch up.
    12_22_20_12_48_57_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My Wyvern Hall dorm has a major makeover.
    Bedrooms are on the upper floor. The lower floor is for study and skill building.
    12_22_20_7_24_02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Time to slog through academic game play.
    12_22_20_7_24_46_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Well hello there, Magnus Hull.
    Meadow and Magnus; M&M...
    12_22_20_8_05_25_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I believe Meadow has found this term's love interest.
    The game might give him a girlfriend. There could be some drama ahead.
    12_22_20_8_08_55_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Cassandra has been flirty with Zane as a teen.
    Well she was mainly trying to get him to turn her into a vampire, but she liked it. Vampire days are behind them though.
    Zane has a slightly new look for his this new age stage. I think it's time for Cassandra to lose those pigtails.
    12_22_20_8_19_44_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Veera (adult), Anna (child) , Matt and Sandra (twin toddlers) and Snowflake (kitten).
    DsqKAt7.png

8fvoGzA.png

Veera!! I love it! She is such a gorgeous Sim and super photogenic. Love your pics.
    I'll share the Keyes family since I built their house from scratch (a lot of my families have homes from the gallery that I've edited, perhaps I will share a few of those later though). They Keyes were one of the first Sims I created back when I got TS4 in 2017. Marin and Desmond started off as an unmarried couple with a toddler, Emmett, and I've slowly aged them up, gotten them married, and given them a second child, Eliza, and now Marin is pregnant with twins! Also featured in the photo is their senior dog, Woody, who I downloaded from the gallery. They adopted Woody after their dog Arlo passed away. The Keyes are probably one of my families with the most in game story progression since I've kept them around for so long and given them updates throughout the years.

Here's a picture of them standing outside their house, and under the spoilers, you can see the details of their home. I loved building this house - it has a basement and 3 floors. A version of this house not customized for the Keyes family is actually available for download in my gallery if anyone is looking for a spacious 4 bedroom family home - and I built it when I only had Get to Work and Cats & Dogs so it only uses items from those two packs (nothing from stuff packs either, so it's a pretty compatible build for players who don't have a lot of packs!)

rG31ywJ.jpg

EDIT: Digging through old saves and I found a version where Emmett is a child and Eliza is a toddler, here they are standing in front of their starter home I downloaded from the gallery. This was before I started using CC so everyone has had more of a make over since then. Also this photo features their old dog, Arlo. Also how cute are toddler Eliza's glasses? <3
    boEHQ9x.png

I love this family pic!

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I have a few different saves but the one I have been playing lately is my favorite sims from the sims 2, 3, and 4 with a little twist. I have the Goths, Pleasants, Burb, Brokes, Pancakes, Wolff, Crumplebottoms, and many more. Anyhow, I have been playing Morticia (Mortimer Goth's little sister). She was born when Mortimer was in his teen years in the sims 3 and I carried her over to the sims 4. She is married to her husband Edward and they have two children Edgar and Ambrosia.

J1rXGSV.jpg

GtTrUQ0.jpg
    5l2VyIU.jpg

MObzInE.jpg

RabpRFj.jpg

IaXyTYo.jpg

sBbDiqE.png

79WdZS1.jpg
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

Playing this save since it is the Holidays - I made Chris Mas (white haired female) to have a baby with Father Winter - the Father Christmas she got was named Keaton and their daughter (now a teen) is named Noel (red hair). I just fixed up one of the houses in Windenburg to look holidayish! Pics are kind of dark because it was overcast.
    Happy Holidays Everyone!
    oi0n04c.png
    0VdnHfl.png
    yXQuoCo.png
    Oz59GI4.png
    5BP4fR1.png
    oAH5WLj.png

Here's an update on Isabella and Jonah. They've moved into their own house together
    8XD02kr.png

They also have a cat named Socks. Here she is as a kitten when they first adopted her. I don't have a picture of her as an adult yet because she had just aged up last time I played
    gvUscDW.png

Here's their house:
    X8jYyXi.png
    mdbnilu.png
    r8Vc8bc.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My current Sim is a mannequin ghost, and his current home is a dumpster. :lol:

50756501758_7e20918804_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    This is the kid I'm playing right now. His name is Lino, and he arrived as a dirt-poor teen refugee from some sort of sadness in Selvadorada. I'm doing a sorta-rags to sorta-riches scenario with him, and he has just now managed to build a tiny (unfinished) house on the land he's been squatting for some time. He had met Canela, the dog lying at his feet, as a fellow vagabond. He would feed her, and she would bring him gifts that were sometimes surprisingly useful. Today he was allowed by my scenario rules to officially adopt her. :)

tEjQ38B.png
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I will allow the picture to speak for itself.

zgjXE3h.jpg
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • LammyLammy Posts: 1 New Member
    Merry Christmas
    Isabella has graduated now, and she and Jonah have a son named Elliot thanks to risky woohoo
    8sOYEQh.png

Isabella, Jonah, and Elliot have moved in with Isabella's parents and little brother. Here's her mom, Vanessa
    ZhMbtAD.png

Her dad, Spencer
    g4nu90J.png

And her brother, Riley
    ebW1KtZ.png

Here's the house I built for them
    D386sw8.png
    QWgRoXp.png
    ZgQ44uk.png
    @mia_noelle97 Whoa! They live in a mansion!
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @mia_noelle97 Whoa! They live in a mansion!

Yeah, they do! They have quite a bit of money.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    My current Sim is Manny Quinn, a mannequin fashion model with the Grim Reaper trait. He lives in an apartment that was originally intended to be sterile and white like an upscale department store. I gave him a bathroom door that looks like it belongs in a commercial building instead of a residence for the same reason. (His apartment is a little less sterile now because he has added a few knickknacks.) I gave him items that blur the line between object and human the way that Manny does, like the talking toilet, the refrigerator with a face, and non-living mannequins. Even the sign outside is an object, but depicts a human being. The green carpeted area is a communal part of the apartment building that is not editable. Naturally, he lives in the fashion district.

50773971142_31f98e617b_b.jpg
    50773106998_2bd380a3a2_b.jpg
    50773970972_e9487d7991_b.jpg
    50773859516_31696a31b3_b.jpg
    50773106288_045f452bd3_b.jpg
    50773105978_ffbfecaa8f_b.jpg
    50773970682_14cc795fac_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Rouensims Very clever concept for Manny Quinn's home. It's very nice, but it also comes across as very sterile, which is impressive.

I'm ready to begin working on a new home for my sims. :# It takes me forever to build anything and they won't be abandoning their palatial home completely, but they need a more modern, less ostentatious/baroque home for Mt. Komorebi. I think I'm going to pick the 50x50 lot that's not always snow-covered. I'm not convinced that I can get all of the things I need to fit on a smaller lot. I live in Japan so I have lots of ideas about how to do it, but I don't want any real nationalities in my game.
    @PriestessBizarre I think he’s really cute! Then again, I may be biased because I love sci-fi and aliens.
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited December 2020
    So mine is quite different from everyone else's. I'm trying to fulfil a challenge I've set myself and so here is Layla surviving alone in an off-the-grid challenge in Sulani. I have another save file of my 4th attempt at a legacy challenge but I wasn't as fixed on the rules as I allowed them to move to places, but that's on pause and Layla Gates here is the Sim I'm playing most out of the last few days since getting Island Living in the Christmas sales. I've not written this part out into the SimLit I've started doing so I'll hide it in a spoiler haha.

bcopia.jpg