Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCC Mod?

I've been using the NPCC mod to get rid of townies in my game for a long time now, however it broke in the patch on the 10th of November and now townies have been spawning in my game since. The creator doesn't seem to be updating the mod anymore, there's still no fix or any update following the patch and for some reason all the updates on the mod from this year are still locked behind a paywall. Does anyone know any alternatives I can use to stop townies generating? It would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I still use NPCC. The Patreon version works, but I think the mod is now locked behind a paywall. :(

I know there are some other variations. Bienchen has Townie Overhaul Less Fame mod that helps reduce townie generation. Zero has No Random Townies mod, but it doesn't have the assign job feature, disable shifts and region dependency, and doesn't 100% stop townie generation like NPCC does. It's still really good though, but those features are important to me.

Although it doesn't prevent townie generation, MCCC does have an option to only use townies from your library when the game generates a random townie. Another mod I'd like to mention is Lotharihoe's Sim Spawn Overhaul. It doesn't stop townie generation, but it does help control walkbys and sims visiting lots.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @NightlyCoffee Could you tell me where exactly is that option in MCCC?
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    > @Ziafar said:
    > @NightlyCoffee Could you tell me where exactly is that option in MCCC?

Of course!

Go to a computer and click MC Command Center >> MC Population >> Populating Settings >> Import Tray Settings

Change Import Tray Sim Percent to 100. There are other options there you can tweak to your liking, such as keeping the sims' gender options, clothing, name, etc.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Thank you so much @NightlyCoffee !