Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose's Modified Dethy Mafia (Town Win)

TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
edited December 2020 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to Rose's Modified Dethy Mafia.
Here is the unmodified setup to the game.
This and this are the links to where I pulled the other 2 cops.
Here is Rose's afterlife discord server.

Main Rules:
1. I will post all my game posts in purple. Do not post in this color.
2. This is a mafia game. You shouldn't take it personally.
3. I will use random.org when picking your role. It's not our fault if you don't get the role you want.
4. All times posted will be in CST (Central Standard Time).
5. I will not be using the hammer mechanic.
6. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. In the case of a tie, whoever had that number of votes first will be lynched. If someone unvotes to cause the tie, the person who had more votes before the unvote will be lynched.
7. Unvoting is allowed. Voting No Elimination is not allowed.
8. Bold/Capitalize your vote or it doesn't count. Please format like this: Vote: Rose or VOTE ROSE
9. Avoid talking on topic during night. You're all supposed to be asleep, after all. Talking off-topic is fine.
10. Those who have the ability to use a night action, Please PM me during the night phase.
11. Day/Night Phases will last 24 hr. If someone is inactive for 2 full Day phases, the player will automatically be modkilled or replaced without further notification. So if you'll be away for 3+ days then PM me.
12. You must not post direct quotes from the host in the game thread. Paraphrasing is fine.
13. You cannot edit your post unless I told you to do so. If you need to edit a post, quote the post and edit the quoted version.
14. You cannot PM anyone about the game unless your role allows you to, and I have set up the chat for you.
15. Role Claiming is allowed.
16. Please try and be as active as possible. Inactivity makes the game boring.
17. Any Newbie Players must be respected. We've all been there, so you should be a guide for them.
18. If you're not in the game, whether your dead or not in the game at all, try not to talk on topic.
19. This is still The Sims Forums for us Sims Players and not a Mafia Site. You should be familiar with the forum rules.
20. By signing up, you are agreeing to these rules. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post on the thread.

Rules Regarding Replacing A Player:
1. VT's that are killed/lynched are eligible to be put on the replacement list. Town PR's lynched on D1 may also be eligible to replace. Let me know if you want to replace if needed.
2. Anyone who wants to be a replacement, let me know and you will also go on the list.
3. If I need a replacement, I will take the person at the top of the list.
4. You can only replace 1 person; so if you are killed, replace someone, and are killed again, or simply replace someone and are killed; you will NOT be put on the replacement list again.

Mechanics:
1. Cop Headstart (Cops investigate during Pregame)
2. The cops do not know their sanities.
2. If a cop dies, their sanity is not revealed.
3. The Town must eliminate every day.
4. The Mafia must kill every night. If they do not submit, I will randomize their kill.

Roles:
1. 1 Mafia Roleblocker
2. 1 Mafia Goon
3. 1 Sane Cop (Receives Correct Results)
4. 1 Insane Cop (Receives Incorrect Results)
5. 1 Paranoid Cop (Always Receives Mafia Result)
6. 1 Naïve Cops (Always Receives Town Result)
7. 1 Confused Cop (Receives Randomized Result)
8. 1 Determined Cop (Sane; Cannot be Roleblocked)

Players:
1. Dekay: Killed Night 1- Town Cop
2. Luv
3. Song
4. Broncos
5. Mouse: Eliminated Day 1- Mafia Roleblocker
6. Icey
7. Bella: Eliminated Day 2- Mafia Goon
8. Coffee

Replacement List:

Links to Days and Nights:
Voting History:
Day 1
Final Vote Count:
Mouse (4)- Dekay, Song, Broncos, Bella
Song (1)- Icey
Day 2
Final Vote Count:
Bella (4)- Song, Luv, Icey, Broncos
Broncos (1)- Bella
Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
Post edited by TheRoseHorse on

Comments

• TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    I'm planning to have a very short pregame phase because this setup has a nightstart. If we don't get enough players, then I will change the setup.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,584 Member
    Meeee. Just don't make me mafia again. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I'd like to play please!
    What is the hammer mechanic?
    edited December 2020
    What is the hammer mechanic?

Day ends (or people can't vote anymore) once a player has one more person than 50% of the players left, of votes. So let's say there's 6 players left, if one player has 4 votes, they will be elimed straight away, (or until the host comes back online). When this happens, people cannot change their vote anymore.
    832XG3D.gif
    Ok thanx. So since we aren't doing that this game, does that mean votes can be changed up until the end of the day?
    Yeah, what Dekay said. Some hosts use it, some don't. I'll use it if the setup calls for it, but I usually don't use it.
    Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to understand the rules of this game.

Rule 7 says we can't vote "no elimination". Does that mean we have to vote every day?

What is role claiming?

Think I understand all the other rules.
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Ooh, I’ll play!
    they/he
    Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to understand the rules of this game.

Rule 7 says we can't vote "no elimination". Does that mean we have to vote every day?

What is role claiming?

Think I understand all the other rules.

It's fine. We've all been there before. :)
    Basically what Rule 7 is saying is that the town has to eliminate someone everyday. You personally don't have to vote, but you can't vote to not eliminate. Hope that makes sense.
    Role claiming is basically just claiming what your role is, so if I was a Doctor, and I said that I was a Doctor, that's an example of role-claiming. People can also Fake Claim which is saying you are one role when you aren't that role. Usually, only Mafia do this though.
    Ok thanx. So since we aren't doing that this game, does that mean votes can be changed up until the end of the day?

That's right, yes
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I’ll play!

and I’ll make sure I submit night actions in my pm this time XD
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I’ll play
    Ah yes! My mind just processed what Dethy was lol. I love these set ups.
    What does dethy mafia mean? lol
    edited December 2020
    What does dethy mafia mean? lol

It's just the name of the setup. But it's basically just a bunch of cops (a cop can target a person each night and find out whether the person is mafia or not). But the cops have difference sanities. Like one would also get a "guilty" result, and another always gets the opposite result of what it should be. So then the cops will have to figure out who's who and then try to find the mafia like that. It's actually a tricky thing for mafia to win in this game as they would need to be careful on how to fake claim their result, etc. I won before but only cuz one of the cops didn't send their night action and so I used that to frame them. 😂 It was a smaller setup version of this one tho where there was only one mafia and like 4 cops or something. I just got really lucky, I guess.
    832XG3D.gif
    Ok thanx. I had looked the meaning up and there were 2 definitions. One was to describe a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 which I didn't think applied here. The other was a derogatory term for a Scottish person. So I thought they might be Scottish mafia lol.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll play.

Last time we played Dethy there were so many confirmed townies due to slips. The Mafia had a hard time :grimace:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'll play.

Last time we played Dethy there were so many confirmed townies due to slips. The Mafia had a hard time :grimace:

Yeah that was basically my fault 🤦‍♀️
    they/he
    What was the last Dethy like again? I forgot. 😂
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

Nerd did a big one. I don’t remember it really tho. I remember the small Dethy Nerd hosted. With me, you, Rose, NASCAR, and Bubbz I beleive

It was my first game and I towncleared myself on accident bc I pasted my investigation PM onto the thread. That in turn cleared like half the other players, so they figured out who the mafia was super quick. I remember being so confused as to how they figured out the mafia but now it would probably make so much sense XD
    they/he
    xSongx wrote: »

It was my first game and I towncleared myself on accident bc I pasted my investigation PM onto the thread. That in turn cleared like half the other players, so they figured out who the mafia was super quick. I remember being so confused as to how they figured out the mafia but now it would probably make so much sense XD

I guess you'll see :) But yeah, i remember that.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'll play.

Yeah that was basically my fault 🤦‍♀️

Nah, those were all just honest mistakes
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Oh, that one. XD Back when you didn't have an avi. LOL.
    832XG3D.gif