Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foods Toddlers Will and Will Not Eat

2...Next

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2021
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    My toddlers will not eat pho or ramen dishes.

Are those the actual names of the dishes? I've not seen them yet.

They came with City Living and Snowy Escape packs.

Pho
    Ramen
    Seaweed Ramen
    Miso Ramen
    Egg Ramen
    Is that dish hot if if came from City Living? Toddler won't eat the spicy food that came from City Living and I am pretty sure Pho is to hot for them like spicy hot.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I was surprised and annoyed at first when I discovered this (after nearly losing my toddler to CPS when I thought I'd fed him, the picky ingrate), and then I thought more about it and I realized how darned realistic a toddler refusing to eat certain things was. So even if it is a bug, I actually kind of like it.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Fried fish and shish kebabs here, so far. He will hold the plates in his lap but not eat. Big sis would eat salmon maki roll just fine when she was a toddler. I'll try that with the current toddler.
    Toddlers will eat Choripán
    Toddlers will eat Veggie Yakisoba, but they won't do the animation. They will just sit quietly with the plate in their lap, while their hunger need gets replenished and the the plate gradually empties.
    edited January 2021
    Toddlers will NOT eat Tofu Stir Fry
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Yeah, just noticed this - toddlers won't eat hardly any meals made with fish (they will eat fish tacos, but not an other fish meals my sims made) - bit of a problem when living off the grid and cooking fish a lot!

IRL toddlers shouldn't eat most meals made with fish, especially bony fish - perhaps the game is making it true to life?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    How many Toddlers have you tried this on? It could be something random, just like some Sims will LOVE the fruitcake and others all but get sick at the thought or just after eating it will question what was that? So far, the Toddlers in my one family eat just about anything placed before them, or that they take from the main serving dish. Only now and again, have I had a Toddler outright reject the food. Cadence basically threw her meal on the floor just moments ago. She was soundly chastised for it and taught how to say sorry. As for the fish thing, I myself am not fond of most fish, so I rarely have my Sims eat it. Blech. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited February 2021
    Good point @GalacticGal. Maybe as people test, we'll find more foods that some people's toddlers will eat and some won't. There are some on the first post in this thread.

The food-throwing thing might be different. Toddlers will throw food from their high chairs sometimes, regardless of whether it's a food they can eat or not. This thread I believe is about the bug (?) where toddlers sitting in a living chair or on the ground will hold the plates in their laps, not throw them, but not do the eating animation and not have their hunger need filled. With the hypothesis that this happens only with certain foods, or with certain foods for certain tots.

For now, I'll say

*our* toddler will not eat Pre-Mixed Brownies
  • MackyPaigeMackyPaige Posts: 1 New Member
    I checked, and in the new update, toddlers can eat butter chicken and palek paneer
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    energy meals they won't eat either BUt my tot ate garlic noodles my sims cooked they ate it just fine.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I think this issue has been fixed. I tested it and my toddler just ate Garlic Noodles, Blackened Bass, Chicken Stir Fry, fish grand meal, and Pan Fried Tilapia just fine.
  • _xXCatRaeXx__xXCatRaeXx_ Posts: 1 New Member
    As of the new update today (26th Feb) i’ve just discovered that toddlers can eat butter chicken, gunna test the other two dishes soon, will keep you posted!
  • GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    No wonder my toddlers in my 100 baby challenge keep starving. I kept making them Pan Fried Tilapia bc its a 0 calorie food and they would eat it... but their food bars never went up! Zero calories to a whole different level!
    edited March 2021
    Out of our current toddler triplets (!!), 2 will eat Grilled Chicken and 1 will not.

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I didn't even know that there were foods that toddlers won't eat on Sims until it happened in my game few days ago. I almost had two toddlers taken away because they didn't eat the fish grand meal.
    It was Easter on my 100 baby challenge and the matriarch made a grand meal and called everyone to meal. Two toddlers were very hungry and they grabbed the meals and waddled to sit down to eat. I thought everything was fine. After a while the toddlers were done... or so I thought. Luckily I noticed that there were two untouched grand meals placed on surfaces. I wondered who didn't eat and at the same time I got a warning about another toddler to be taken away if he won't be fed immediately. I panicked and woke him up and dragged food out of the fridge for him and of course he decided to walk to the furthest chair in the house to sit down to eat. Then I got the same warning about the other toddler. Double panic was real. :o
    The toddlers were eventually saved, but this was the first time toddlers refuse to eat certain food in my game. Now I know better.
  • GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Toddlers WILL eat spaghetti :)
    edited March 2021
    According to the patch notes from March 23, this was a bug and has been fixed!
    Bug Fixes

Sims 4
    Toddlers will now eat the food your Sims have prepared for them. My mom used to say when my siblings and I were children that “this is not a restaurant, you eat what I cook for you all” so yeah… a lot of times I saw my sister stay at the table until she finished all her veggies… her nemesis was spinach. Bet my Mom wishes she had this fix… yup!
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I keep fruit and vegetables in their inventories so they can eat anytime without having cooked food, it has also saved their lives when the game was glitching with energy or movement.
    Sadly, my toddler will not eat Shish Kebabs once again :(

• SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Yeah, my toddlers won't eat those foods listed, either. It always annoys me when the Sims team says a bug is fixed, but it isn't in my game. Not that it's their fault.

I've been coming back to this list as a reference because I'm also doing the 100 Baby Challenge and it's very helpful to know which foods not to try giving to toddlers.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    At some point my toddlers stopped being able to eat Siopao and Ensaymadas, which is especially annoying because those are the only foods without plates.