Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foods Toddlers Will and Will Not Eat

PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So apparently at present, there are certain foods that toddlers will eat and others that they will not. So I want to make a list of foods that are safe to feed toddlers until this problem is fixed. This is NOT an error thread so please Go Here to Add Your Me Too.

Toddlers WILL eat:

Vegetable Dumplings
Roast Chicken
Mac and Cheese
Butternut Gnocchi
BLT Sandwich
pancakes
omelets
scones
bread
bagels
fruit salad
grand breakfast
fish tacos
grilled corn
Cioppino (spelling?)
Spinach Frittata
Breakfast Scramble

Toddlers WILL NOT eat:

Herb-Crusted Salmon
Spicy food from like the stalls
Bombadier cricket stir fry
frog hotpot
off the grid stew one (anyone know what it's called?)
Garlic Noodles
vegetable tempura
Blackened Bass
Chicken Stir Fry
fish grand meal
Pan Fried Tilapia

Some Toddlers WILL eat:

Taco Casserole
Pho
Ramen
Seaweed Ramen
Miso Ramen
Egg Ramen

Some Toddlers WILL NOT eat:

I'll add more as they're discovered and I know I have more that they can't eat but have to wait until I can feed them again before I can figure out which ones there are.

EDIT: I forgot to ask that you add any foods that you find your toddlers will or will not eat so I can add them to the list. Also, these foods aren't guaranteed to work or not work so if you try one that's listed that they will eat and it doesn't work, post in the comments and I'll change its list. If no foods work for your toddler that may be a different issues all together.
Post edited by PenguinFoop on

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2020
    There’s a similar bug thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddlers-missing-option-to-eat-some-foods/m-p/9304430#M148022

Toddlers won’t eat handheld foods that don’t have a plate, like cupcakes, muffins or siaopo. There are a few more I can’t think of.

My current toddlers will eat pancakes, omelets, scones, bread (though it’s not very filling), bagels, fruit salad, grand breakfast and much more off the top of my head.

I did notice they won’t eat herb-encrusted salmon as you noted, and I’m sure there have been others I am not thinking of right now. ETA: Shish kabobs
    Post edited by babajayne on
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    They won’t eat any spicy food from like the stalls where the spice festival’s are.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm having this with some off the grid foods. Bombadier cricket stir fry, frog hotpot and the stew one, (cant remember the name). Toddler gets hungry, grabs a portion, goes to sit down and just sits there with the food in hand never actually taking a bite.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Mine would not eat the fish grand meal. Also whatever I tried to feed her previously, which has a high probability of having been fried fish (Sulani household with mom in the Angler Ace aspiration) but I don't actually remember because it was yesterday.

She did eat the meal before that, but I don't remember what that was.

I repaired the game in between the two meals she didn't eat and it didn't help. It seems (visually) like as soon as she starts the reaching for her plate interaction she resets to an idle animation instead.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yeah, just noticed this - toddlers won't eat hardly any meals made with fish (they will eat fish tacos, but not an other fish meals my sims made) - bit of a problem when living off the grid and cooking fish a lot!
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I just added Garlic Noodles to the list as well however I was sure that earlier they would eat them. Can someone confirm whether their toddlers can eat Garlic Noodles please? Thanks.

We'll get this all sorted together!
    Though maybe some toddlers are just picky and won't eat certain food and thats just a thing the game does.. Not all toddlers in IRL like everything they are given.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Though maybe some toddlers are just picky and won't eat certain food and thats just a thing the game does.. Not all toddlers in IRL like everything they are given.

No this seems different. They seem to reset when they are supposed to be taking a bite. There are no negative reactions or anything like you'd expect if the game meant for them not to want to eat it.
    edited December 2020

No this seems different. They seem to reset when they are supposed to be taking a bite. There are no negative reactions or anything like you'd expect if the game meant for them not to want to eat it.
    But to say they won't eat fish mine do I am pretty sure I have given them the herb salmon before to. I mean they eat the grand meal fish. So I am just saying maybe some of them are just picky the only thing I know they won't eat is any of the spicy food from San Myshuno.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited December 2020

But to say they won't eat fish mine do I am pretty sure I have given them the herb salmon before to. I mean they eat the grand meal fish. So I am just saying maybe some of them are just picky the only thing I know they won't eat is any of the spicy food from San Myshuno.

Good info. Would you be willing to try to feed them herb salmon. You said you're pretty sure but we need a definite please. Also, you're sure about the grand fish meal? If so, I'll move them both to another list.

Edit: The reason I ask about the herb salmon is because I've got 5 toddlers and absolutely everyone of them just sit holding the plate. They are all extremely angry from hunger but yet won't eat it. As well as the other foods on the list. If it was just some toddlers don't like it, then at least 1 or 2 in my family of 5 toddlers would eat at least 1 of those foods.
    edited December 2020
    This is new in my game. I had two bugs with my Winterfest fish grand meal - the toddler didn't eat any of it despite holding it in her lap as though she wanted to, and no one got credit for the grand meal holiday tradition for eating it. Both show up in the Bug reports in the help section. This is all since the December patch for sure, I don't think I played any toddlers between the November and December patches to compare, but I have never had this problem with any dish with toddlers before.
    Daephene wrote: »
    This is new in my game. I had two bugs with my Winterfest fish grand meal - the toddler didn't eat any of it despite holding it in her lap as though she wanted to, and no one got credit for the grand meal holiday tradition for eating it. Both show up in the Bug reports in the help section. This is all since the December patch for sure, I don't think I played any toddlers between the November and December patches to compare, but I have never had this problem with any dish with toddlers before.

Yes there are bugs reported and in my OP there is a link to the thread about the toddlers and food. This is for us to figure out exactly which foods we can feed our toddlers. This thread is also linked in the bug thread to help the devs possibly figure out where the problem may be. Which is why I feel we have to get the lists right.
    Ok that is a bug because they have been able to eat grand meal fish and the other one I can't try because my sim can't cook it :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    The same toddler I mentioned previously is able to eat fruit salad with no problem.
    I was just looking through the screenshots and the original dish that she did eat was the new grilled corn recipe from the Hispanic heritage update.
    Ok that is a bug because they have been able to eat grand meal fish and the other one I can't try because my sim can't cook it :D

So they can eat the grand fish meal? I'll add it to the Some toddlers can eat list. Thanks.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Never had a problem with this before but my twin toddlers won't eat vegetable tempura. As others said they sit there holding it but don't eat.
    edited December 2020
    Okay, I moved the Taco Casserole to the "Some Toddlers Will Eat" list because I came in the house and found one of my boys sitting on the couch with a plate and he was actually playing it! It wasn't a broken animation loop. But I watched to be certain and sure enough he's actually eating it this time!!!
    edited December 2020

So they can eat the grand fish meal? I'll add it to the Some toddlers can eat list. Thanks.
    They weren't able to eat it when I played no its was holding the plate and not eating so I assume that is a bug. But yes I have had toddlers eat the grand meal fish before and had no problems. I am assuming some of the things you think they can't eat besides the spicy food and the bug dishes are bugs because I think they are suppose to be able to eat everything your household cooks.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

They weren't able to eat it when I played no its was holding the plate and not eating so I assume that is a bug. But yes I have had toddlers eat the grand meal fish before and had no problems. I am assuming some of the things you think they can't eat besides the spicy food are bugs because I think they are suppose to be able to eat everything your household cooks.

That is my thinking also.
  • MelMisplacedMelMisplaced Posts: 30 Member
    My toddlers won't eat Pan Fried Tilapia (Four in the house). They will eat Breakfast Scramble.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    My toddlers will not eat pho or ramen dishes.
    Amj1995 wrote: »

Are those the actual names of the dishes? I've not seen them yet.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member

They came with City Living and Snowy Escape packs.

Pho
    Ramen
    Seaweed Ramen
    Miso Ramen
    Egg Ramen

They came with City Living and Snowy Escape packs.

Pho
    Ramen
    Seaweed Ramen
    Miso Ramen
    Egg Ramen

Okay thanks. Adding them now.