Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resize Your Objects in TS3!!

Resizing in build/buy was something I was always a bit jealous of in TS4, and I was curious if I could find a mod that does that for TS3.

Looking online, I managed to find just that kind of mod! It works the same as OMSP by Granthes on modthesims, except it makes objects bigger or smaller.

I thought I'd share it here, because it doesn't seem very well known despite completely changing my building experience in TS3.

Here is the mod: http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com/2012/07/omsp-resizer.html?m=1&zx=48a2edf9f61f4ea0
Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks! It looks like fun. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    That's a helpful tip. After going back to TS3 for a change, found that was something I could really use to update my lots.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing. :smile:

*scrolls down page*

... :flushed::flushed::flushed::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I use resizer OMSPs a lot, especially for screenshots. For example these school chairs. I imported the chair to Blender, made it smaller (70% if I remember correctly) and made these poses. Then in the game I use the correct resizer OMSP and placed the posing sims on them. Normal chairs are just too big for children.

I use Buckley's set of resizers because they come in 5% increments: https://buckleysims.tumblr.com/post/165179396007/ive-received-a-few-inquiries-about-this-recently

TnaBXXz.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Thanks for sharing
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I use resizers in my game and they are awesome, especially for making the 'city hall' awards a smaller size for display.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I never knew these existed. Thank you SO much for sharing. That is one thing I really liked about sims 4!
  • Options
    I wouldn't use OMSPs with objects that sims can pick up. You can place posing sims on the resizers (with moveobjects on) if you need tiny or giant sims for screenshots. But remember to move the sims off of the OMSPs and not let them step off by themselves, or they may fall off the world... You can quit the game without saving, or take the sim off of the OMSPs and then, with testingcheatsenabled on shift-click somewhere on the ground and teleport the sim. Then the sim will still be connected to the in-world "grid" and not fall through. Better safe than sorry. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I tried this not long ago for making the huge resort tower to small but I couldn't make it. :(
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I use resizers in my game and they are awesome, especially for making the 'city hall' awards a smaller size for display.

@bekkasan Brilliant!! :open_mouth:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    I tried this not long ago for making the huge resort tower to small but I couldn't make it. :(

Same with rocks and other landscaping things :pensive:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Now I have been using the resizers for Christmas presents as decor. Sometimes the best presents come in small boxes, you know. :smile::heart:
    InfraGreen wrote: »

But it should work with most buyable things. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    Now I have been using the resizers for Christmas presents as decor. Sometimes the best presents come in small boxes, you know. :smile::heart:

Totally, I think a lot of build mode objects are just kind of special. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Cororon wrote: »

Totally, I think a lot of build mode objects are just kind of special. :p

Differently abled, Trip. Build objects are differently abled. :tongue:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    NaravethNaraveth Posts: 5 New Member
    Ooooh, I've been looking for something like this. Thank you for the links and tips ♥
  • Options
    AvizactyAvizacty Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks alot, really missing these ts4 features going back to ts3 <3