Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you really cheating on your spouse if you woohoo with a scarecrow?

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    @Nushnushganay I figured each Patchy would be different. It would be interesting if there were female versions too so Simmers could have a scarecrow couple. I've never heard of one though. Of course, could have a couple with two male Patchys, that's an option! I suspect they're all male since the object's full name is Patchy the Strawman. Headed to the Gallery to grab a copy of your delicious Patchy in disguise. I'm putting him in my custom template save to wander around. Or, wait, does he come with his tree/straw too? As an object? Or did you upload him as a Sim? Either way, I'd still love to have him in my game. Thanks!
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    I absolutely love that we're having a conversation about woohooing with a straw bale! :lol:

Yup - it's better than watching the news and getting angry....2020 :-(
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • singularuniversesingularuniverse Posts: 29 Member
    Yes
    All of this debate has given me fantastic ideas for a new story... >:)
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    No
    I absolutely love that we're having a conversation about woohooing with a straw bale! :lol:

Yup - it's better than watching the news and getting angry....2020 :-(

Not to move off topic but I've decided to blame everything on 2020. This year has seen it all so now if something unexpected happens, I just say "Yep, it's 2020." I'm just waiting to the asteroid. Lol

Anyway back to Patchy! I'm wondering if anyone has tried asking to see him in another outfit before asking him to move in...

Would be interested to know if that could be a "sneak preview" of what you would get when you asked him to move in. Or have any fashion designers asked to make him over?
    edited December 2020
    No
    All of this debate has given me fantastic ideas for a new story... >:)

COMMENT: In my story Camron has been abducted and "pollinated" by three different aliens and had twins by his live-in boyfriend Knox. Now, Camron and Knox are married and Knox is having an affair with Patchy. So now I'm waiting to see if that brings in baby number 6. lol (I haven't decided yet)

EDIT: I can't believe I broke my own rule and didn't put COMMENT: before my comment. I'm a bad sim!
    Post edited by PenguinFoop on
    No
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Of course it is cheating. Look at that scarecrow reclining suggestively on that haystack. They're practically inviting you to commit to infidelity. Try as you might to have your sim keep to their vows, Patchy's come-hither stare will eventually wear them down. It's inevitable -- no sim can resist -- but it is cheating. We all succumb.

Every time Knox goes out to erm tend the garden now, he comes back in all flirty and stuff. So yeah that pose has gotten to him. Lol
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes
    It's taken me a few days to get over the shock of a, uh, "fully functional" scarecrow (like Data in STNG). But now... I am seriously wondering which of my sims should strike up a "friendship" with Patchy. I'd really like a preview of his non-scarecrowy form so I know what I'm getting.

And on balance, I really think there should be a female scarecrow, too!

Also, what the heck do you name a humanized former scarecrow? Maybe... Jack (Pumpkinhead) MacDonald (from Old MacDonald had a farm...)? Sneezy McPatch (for those of us with allergies)? Or we could use names that go with scary/evil characters from fiction. Damien, Desdemona, etc.

For that matter, when he joins the household, what traits and aspirations does he come with, or can you choose them yourself?
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    It's taken me a few days to get over the shock of a, uh, "fully functional" scarecrow (like Data in STNG). But now... I am seriously wondering which of my sims should strike up a "friendship" with Patchy. I'd really like a preview of his non-scarecrowy form so I know what I'm getting.

And on balance, I really think there should be a female scarecrow, too!

Also, what the heck do you name a humanized former scarecrow? Maybe... Jack (Pumpkinhead) MacDonald (from Old MacDonald had a farm...)? Sneezy McPatch (for those of us with allergies)? Or we could use names that go with scary/evil characters from fiction. Damien, Desdemona, etc.

For that matter, when he joins the household, what traits and aspirations does he come with, or can you choose them yourself?

hahahahaha. Perfect response. :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No
    Lol I had double take on this thread title. No I don’t think it does. I never knew you could woohoo with a scarecrow
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Maybe So?

Maybe the title should be rewritten:

Is a roll in the hay with a scarecrow cheating on your spouse?

:D:D:D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

No
    Okay so "Ask to see outfit" and using the simray to make Patchy change outfits don't work. So I guess the only way to find out who's inside is by actually making him part of the household. Also, interestingly, when I used simray on him, I have the sneaking suspicion that the ray bounced to others nearby because I used it once to change into swimwear and a person beside him changed instead. And I tried again (making completely sure it was Patchy I clicked on) and my son who was standing behind me changed into his swimwear. hmm....
    No
    Tyler, the serial romantic sim I enjoy playing most, just got Patchy and she is excited to have a romp with him lol. I will post any amusing screen shots that may happen along the way :D

Anything to share yet?
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    Maybe So?
    Tyler, the serial romantic sim I enjoy playing most, just got Patchy and she is excited to have a romp with him lol. I will post any amusing screen shots that may happen along the way :D

Anything to share yet?

@PenguinFoop Thank you for reminding me to go check in on Tyler. I've been so busy planning a lesbian wedding that I forgot about this storyline I was casually pursuing lol.

So after playing for a bit and waiting for Patchy to come to life, I had Tyler start flirting with him. She has the beguiling award trait so she can get her lovers in a flirty mood very quickly which helped her romance Patchy rather quickly.

First kiss!
    OhBivNh.png

Time to woohoo...
    w7XgIZZ.png

Her poor dog looks terrified as he watches them woohoo :D
    mjGfdaM.png

Tune in later to see if Tyler can take Patchy on a date next time he comes to life.
    edited December 2020
    No
    Tune in later to see if Tyler can take Patchy on a date next time he comes to life.

That can definitely happen!

OvC58hK.png

LOL

Maybe So?

That can definitely happen!

OvC58hK.png

LOL

@PenguinFoop Oh yes I remember that post now! Well Tyler will still take Patchy on a date next time and hopefully it will be an entertaining time
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    No
    I was playtesting a build tonight and took the liberty of picking seeds from Patchy's pocket. Hrm.
    No
    I was playtesting a build tonight and took the liberty of picking seeds from Patchy's pocket. Hrm.

What did you get? I got a wide variety. With 2 adults and 2 children, that gave me a chance of getting a lot of seeds and I've gotten Crocus, Dragon Fruit, Cowplant Fruit, Christmas Rose, Tomato and several that I already had so don't remember which ones they were. Patchy is a game changer in the garden and the bedroom. :wink:
    No
    Well, I guess we'll see in a couple of sim days since I did get a grow fruit :tongue:
    edited December 2020
    No
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Of course it is cheating. Look at that scarecrow reclining suggestively on that haystack. They're practically inviting you to commit to infidelity. Try as you might to have your sim keep to their vows, Patchy's come-hither stare will eventually wear them down. It's inevitable -- no sim can resist -- but it is cheating. We all succumb.

Every time Knox goes out to erm tend the garden now, he comes back in all flirty and stuff. So yeah that pose has gotten to him. Lol

I'm having a day and forgetting which thread I'm in. Don't mind these edits about Comments. Lol
    Maybe So?
    @PriestessBizarre Patchy the Scarecrow comes with Seasons. He's a confusing entity. He starts out buyable on to his straw bale but then if you interact with him, he comes to life and you can build a relationship with him
    No
    It's a good joke on a roll in the hay.
    No
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Do you really need a spouse if the scarecrow will do?

You should add this to That's a Very Sims Thing to Say!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top