Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you wanna see in 2021 for the sims 4

PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
edited December 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The year is almost over and with the recent skin Update i think 2020 is wraped up for the sims 4.
Lets write down some new gameplay features/objects that would be cool to have since the Sims 4 will stick around for many years.
Post edited by PreCiious on

Comments

• simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    I am always hoping for more furniture and decorative objects - especially furniture with high comfort levels. More landscaping items would be great also. And some new windows, doors, etc. I spend most of my Sims time building, decorating and landscaping.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Gameplay that i wanna see...

More focus on education for younger life stages...

Toodlers that go to kindergarden to learn skills and friendships

Homeschooling, boardingschools, private schools, online schools for Teenagers, Kids.

More after school activites for kids and teens

High School ceremonie, where Teenagers get a diploma.

Prom and even a kids event in school

Educator as a job. You know the people that work in the kindergarden.

___

More types of competitions and competitions in general where you can get a trophy an money for the skills.

The active cooking competition was so fun in the sims2.

Though My expectations are so low that i dont even care if it is active or rabbithole. The option would be cool.

I also liked the horse comepetiton in the Sims 3

or the chess challenge in the sims 3, where you had to win the current person to rank up. Same for marterial arts skill in World Adventure.

This would make skill building a little bit more fun.

---

Billiard tables. Billiard tables. Billiard tables...

____

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Werewolves. I don't want to wait another 3 years for my play style to get some love.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited December 2020
    Cars, farms and high schools.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Good base game updates.
    I want a hair and eye color sliders/color wheel/at least more swatches, personality improvements (memories, preferences, turn-ons).
    New traits and careers. I will be fine even with rabbithole careers, just give me something ordinary, like a plant worker, builder, full-time retail worker, etc. Like nothing too fancy, I want to make some working class sims.
    I hope babies will come too.
    Also I want more content for teens and kids. They are a bit boring now.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited December 2020
    Favorites with impact on emotions system, Sims will Autominously make their favorite foods, Drinks, especially when they're in a bad mood, to make themselves happy/Fine, If however their favorite food or drink is of poor quality it will worsen their mood and make them more miserable. This goes for their Favorite hobbies too.

Werewolves GP: Parisian World setting, 18th-19th century Industrial Revolution era. + Moon Phases Patch
    Hunting Skill (Don't look at me like that, We can fish and mount Fish on our walls, why can't we mount deer antlers, and have bear or wolf heads/pelts on our walls or floors?) at least if a werewolf dies of natural causes, after the grim reaper takes their soul, their body could turn into a wolf head mount or fur pelt, instead of the traditional urn or tombstone.

Farm Living EP: Tuscan world setting, Nectar and Ale making, Pigs and cows New Harvest Festival traditions, Group interactions. To be able to create and customize our Wine and Beer crafts: From creating new recipes, to naming it and serving it at restaurants and selling it in stores.
    Make it easier to Transfer Produce from sim to sim, or sim to refrigerator, by either selecting a certain Quantity from Fridge/Inventory, or creating a Bundles/Crates of [produce]. cause right now i have a stack of 1000 Apples, and 800 Grapes, and such, in my Farmer family's Inventory and I want to sell them in their retail market but It's time consuming when you have to manually move apples one by one.

Castle Living EP/GP (Royalty/Knights/Adventure): Old French/English World Setting (Basically Get Together Part 2)
    I've been building castles lately, from the dungeons below to the tallest tower. (Would love to build higher than four floors maybe Seven floors?) and I've started using the Club System to start a Kingdom and I would love it a Pack dedicated to this challenge and I know a lot of other players do this/want this too.

I have my Royal Family Club, A Mages Club, and a Start of a Knight's Club. the three Leaders of these Clubs, are the King, Archmage and Lord-Defender, and they play a part in most of, if not all, the Kingdom's Affairs.
    Basically each club leader lives with the Royal family. The King and The Arch Mage of the Mages Club and the Lord Defender of the Knights club discuss, and then when they are ordered to they summon their club to the castles.
    and the Club system already has an inherit system, basically so it works. Basically I know we have politics as a career, in City Living, I suppose we could make a monarchy something like a Career you apply for, but it's not, It's something that was created and that's why I suggest using Clubs, because the Monarchy, and Aristocracy, is more of a Social club, rather than a career, how ever it its a Profitable job. How you move money around should be up to the player.
    I just transfer money in-and-out of households when I transfer sims for their services or are delivering goods.

Under them I have basically a "Master of Coin" a Banker/Inventory manager Sim. but also handles the Kingdom's debts and Taxes.

the Middle class clubs: Artisans: Actors/Comedians/Musicians/Writers/Painters, Merchants, Servants... Assassins.

and then the Peasants, Beggars, Thieves, and Pirates.

I want another Pack, that's not so much about partying together but more about "the Power of Love & Friendship."
    New Greeting: "Bow/Curtsey"
    Blacksmithing/metelworking Skill: craft and name Swords, Axes, Maces, Lances. but also manufacturing crowns, Scepters
    New Metals: Silver & Gold and then using Crystals, or rather Stones, into these accessories.
    Swordplay/Fencing Skill: spar or fight, Risk or Defend the Kingdom.
    Jousting and Racing: Horses may be needed.
    Woodworking skill: craft shields (and design them with the family Crest to adorn your walls with a coat of arms.
    bows and arrows, for Archery and Lances for Jousting. (Basically after we Got Knights Armor in Get Together, and Acting brought Sword Fights in Get Famous, and now Journey to Batuu brought light sabers, I would really want to see my Knight club do more than just hang/camp out by fires and have Feasts with Royals and the Mages and tell stories about what they've seen and actually DO what they speak of. Fighting pirates, assassins, vampires, spell casters, Ghosts, Finding treasures and Boast about their conquests. As I want for the Mages, Spellcasters as well.
    A Ballroom Dancing Skill... Please I need my sims Foxtrotting all over Club Medieval.

So basically across all packs
    Farm Living + Get Together: Club activities Do's and Don't's
    Challenge Sims/Clubs to...
    - Eating Competition
    - Baking competition
    - Floral Arrangement Competition
    - Ale Chugging Competition
    - Mud Wrestle

Farm Living + Seasons More Holiday Traditions
    - Baking Competition
    - Eating Competition
    - Floral Arrangement Competition
    - Nectar/Ale Tasting
    - Ale Chugging Competition
    - Mud wrestling

Medieval Living + Get Together + Realm of Magic: New Club Activities Do's and Don't's
    Friendly
    - Guard Club Gathering Spot
    - Guard: Sim/Clubs... (Choose which existing Sims/clubs your clubs should guard and from whom they should be guard from. Examples: Vampires, Paparazzi, Spellcaster's Hexes, Assassins.
    (Sims Guarding will station themselves through out the room or stroll around the lot/room. their club leader has the power to "Station Guard Here"
    (clubs/sims that attack, or invade club gathering Spot or specific sims while they are under guard, and are not invited guests will be dealt with immediately. Sims will be shown mercy and dragged off the lot. even if all they wanted was a conversation. Paparazzi are not welcomed guests and will be thrown out too.)
    - Bow to... (Chose which sims/clubs you bow to/are loyal to.)
    Mischief/Mean
    - Attack Sim/Clubs... (Choose which existing Sims/clubs your clubs should attack.)
    - Invade Club Gathering Spot
    - Conquer other Club's Gathering Spot (Take another clubs gathering spot.)
    Activities:
    - Go on Adventures Together
    - Joust
    - Friendly Sword Fight
    - Mischief/Funny Sword/Axe Juggling/Swallowing (Death by mistakes were made perhaps.)
    - Heated Sword Fight
    - Romantically Sword fight for Lord/Lady's Hand
    Magical Duals (I would love to see these interactions in the Club Do's and Don't's wasn't to keen on Magic only being a mischief interaction and when my mages club would come together to discuss and do magic the Castle would always be on fire.
    - Dual For Knowledge
    - Heated Magical Dual
    - Friendly magical Dual

Basically I want to put Perks to good use.
    for my mages Club I use the "Focused Club Vibe" for make my Mages study magic quicker.
    So for my knights, I would use "Energized and Angry Club Vibe" to fight.

If i can get most of this The game would be so much more fun.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    fairies with a bigger and livable sylvan glades, personality changes (whims, emotions & traits rework, better autonomy, interests, attraction system, likes/dislikes, etc) AI improvements, open neighborhoods, cars, caw tool, basic color wheel, story progression, more animations, more toggles, more interactions, revisited content in packs (for example i'd like to see more gameplay for aliens & mermaids) idk. in regards of the game itself i'd like to see more attention and care put into the game, more budget to devs, less dumb marketing, less excuses, etc
  • MwnbemeMwnbeme Posts: 26 Member
    A sims medieval tie-in. Maybe a scientist can build a time machine or it could be like a renaissance fair. or BETTER, an updated spin off, even if it is just a remaster of the original. I like the quest system and having skills you need to master for each job.
  • EriHonjoEriHonjo Posts: 7 New Member
    Here are some ideas that my cousin and I both had.

Game pack ideas
    Royalty pack
    We NEED to get more royalty stuff in this game. We need tiaras and crowns (AS A HAT OPTION) and big foofy dresses. WE NEED KINGS, QUEENS, PRINCES AND PRINCESSES. We can't even choose it as a costume for halloween! C'mon!!

Farm pack
    We already can grow and harvest our own food. Why can't we take it a step further and breed and raise our own animals too? HORSES. WE NEED HORSES AND A HORSE BACK RIDING SKILL.

Supernatural pack
    I've read a lot of people requesting werewolves and stuff. But I want it all! Fairies, demons, elves, goblins, the works! Give us wings and pointy ears! Give us the option to make humanoid Sims by adding Adding dog and cat ears and tails and letting us be creative!

Sports pack
    I would like to see more sports be introduced in added as separate skill sets in careers in The Sims 4. Just because you are in Athletics, doesn't mean you are good at all manner of sports. We have some many sports that should be a separate skill. Basketball and running/jogging, that should be their own separate skills are not just part of the athletic skill. There should be more careers that revolve around just those particular skills. Just like the musician's career. There should be able to be a professional ballplayer in the game. And martial arts too! Just because you can lift weights and run, doesn't mean you are Good at swimming and martial arts.

Chinese pack
    We recently just got Japanese style homes décor and building items incorporated into the game. But what about Chinese? They have their own unique culture in style and I would love to have the added into the game!

Different skill ideas
    martial arts
    Swimming
    Running
    Soccer
    Basketball
    If we can have different instrument skills, we can have different sport skills.

Careers
    •ADD SINGER TO THE FAMOUS CAREER TRACK. We have singing being a skill why the heck can't you be a singer!!
    •Make an actual branch in the military being special ops! Not just the men in black knock off bs, but like actual special forces!

General game ideas
    Add cars, its way overdue.

Make toddlers able actually be able to talk and play and interact with one another and be able to ASK to play!! Right now, they can kind of interact, but its SOOOOO limited and not by your players choice!! We need more toddler friends and friendships!! And make a preschool that they can actually learn skills at too!!
  • EriHonjoEriHonjo Posts: 7 New Member
    Oh! And we want a color wheel FOR EVERYTHING. Clothes, shoes, hair, furniture and wallpaper and floors. Like, I have color schemes in mind and can't do them!! We NEED this!!! It's driving me absolutely bonkers not being able to customize colors for my stuff!!!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love to see in Sims 4 2021:
    Fairies
    Genies
    Werewolves
    Hair/Eye Color 100 Swatches
    Body Hair
    Nails
    Residence Lots in Vacation Worlds
    Playable Babies
    Heartshape Beds
    Actual Bunkbeds
    Spiral Stairs
    Drums/Flutes/Trumpets
    Musical Band Careers
    Worlds with about 20 to 25 lots
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited December 2020
    I would love it if an amusement park game pack could be part of the Sims 4 for 2021! I have seen Simmers create carousels and even though they are beautiful, they are not functional like the carousel in the World of Wonder Carousel Collection, it would also be wonderful if this amusement park game pack also included a rollercoaster, a gondola, a fun house filled with mirrors and lots of stands for food, popcorn and cotton candy.. It would make for a wonderful game pack! :) With an amusement park game pack I could also find more uses for my Journey to Batuu build/buy items.. ;)

I also wish there was a travel expansion pack, a way for my sims to go to places in Europe, like Italy, France, Germany, and other countries.. This expansion pack could have actual hotels.. These are just a few ideas I think would make for an awe-sim game pack and expansion pack for 2021..

I want to thank the folks at EA for the fantastic new build tools, I love, love, love the new platform tool and the stackable windows are fantastic!! In fact I love building in the Sim 4! :) The free items we got for Hispanic heritage month are awesome! <3
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Anything for Elders.
  • SolarWatersSolarWaters Posts: 4 New Member
    Something that can be in the game could be slumber parties, more personality or maybe a 4 trait slot. The slumber parties has been done in The Sims 3 why can't we have it in The Sims 4. I want to have more actives with child sims - elders. Better memory system too or even a better genealogy.
  • Willa934Willa934 Posts: 2 New Member
    I was thinking... if y'all aren't already thinking of a patch for around Valentine's day of 2021, maybe a romantic/caring/loving aspect plus the fixes?

What I'd really like is the following things for a Valentine's Day patch:

-An animation for sims who are in a romantic relationship, cuddling, spooning, and/or laying on each other while they sleep.

-Sims walking and holding hands side-by-side.
    -Also, if it's raining, they may not be holding hands, but they'd be walking closely together while one of them holds an umbrella over both of them.
    -Also, make the holding-hands animations available for all ages (besides infants), for the safety and caring of children/teens.
    -Like, basically create more ways that parents/adults can show affection for children/teens through actions and physical touch. Like, an animation where a child is laying on the older sim with the book in front of both of them while the older one reading the book. Like, an older sim carrying a child (bride style, chest-to-chest, piggyback, and on shoulders) from place to place and even when a child has fallen asleep somewhere like in the living room on the couch and the older sim picks them and tucks them into bed, while the child stays asleep.

-Making children and teens more involved in Love day. Like showing appreciation for each other, giving handmade art/care notes, etc.
    -Can children please be able to do more with their toddler siblings? Can they hug them? Kiss their cheek? Teach them how to walk by holding their hand or something?

-Bring the laying/relaxing on the bed animation back from ts3 (specifically, reading a book while laying on the bed).
    -Also, for a sim bringing their loved one breakfast (or any meal) in bed.

-Sims can cook/prepare meals together, somehow. Like, how sims can fish/dance/workout/do homework together.

-If a sim invites another to dance, rollerskate, ice skate, or the like, could there be an option to do those things closer together? Like, spinning/dancing around the other sim, or actually touching/guiding/teaching the other.
    -Specifically, I'd like slow dancing. Either involved with the dancing skill or it's own sub-skill, like how gourmet cooking is a sub-skill.

-It would be fun if "Romance" or "Affection" could be a sub-skill of charisma. The sims could start the skill when they're a teen (obvi), and the early stages of the level would work similarly to unflirty (maybe) where'd they'd be clumsy with their words and approach, they could be shyer, and their actions could result in negative moods until they reach higher levels or open-minded, friendly/responsive sims.
    -And, the sub-skill could be involved in the love aspirations.

Generally, I really like the idea of MORE sub-skills!
    -Under singing skill, opera singing, and beatboxing.
    -Under charisma skill, romance skill, mediation/empathy skill
    -Turn the painting skill into the art skill, and make painting, drawing, scrapbooking, ceramics, glassworks, all sub-skills.
    -Under handiness skill, sculpture making (with marble and other materials, like scrap), blacksmith career (creating swords/knives/tools/etc)
    -Under mixology or cooking skills, wine/ale making skills
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    couple dancing, romance interactions, ancient/medieval theme pack, occult activities, dragons,

better personality, fear emotion, memories or other bigger gameplay systems that would make sims themselves feel more interesting

paintable ceilings for build mode be sweet
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    The biggest hole we need to fill is keeping sims from spawning in worlds where they don’t live! Why is Nancy Landgraab always in Willow Creek?! Maybe once but every day? Let’s restrict sims to their worlds unless they are invited out or over by sims! Also, can we please make it so our played sims can hold down jobs like firefighter, mail person, librarian, and repair person and then show up as needed to fill that request when required by the game? Perhaps then we have a chance of reducing random NPC spawning, and also have more immersive and interesting gameplay. Win-win. Other stuff I’d like to see involves bands, hotels, school, funerals, honeymoons, cars, travel aspiration, fear emotion, freed babies, werewolves, and romance but all this can take second stage to fixing the game to be believable and community focused IMO.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    more content for children and teens. i also want improved teens over babies tbh cuz personally to me i speed through babies and teens feel like pre adults with nothing for them to do so i would like more stuff exclusive to teens to make them feel like their own age group cuz they rlly dont feel like that to me. i also would love more suburban worlds cuz im tired of playing in willow creek and evergreen harbor lol (i think that would be perfect for a genrations expansion style pack) and thats rlly what i want but im always open to new content to the sims 4. i didnt think i would love ecolifestyle at all but its my 3rd fav pack now lol
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    Generations #1! (Family-gameplay, improved relationships, in-depth life stages, important events like baby showers and bachelor parties, active daycare, retirement homes, bullying, sibling drama/rivalry, pranks, school pranks, teens getting in trouble with the law, mid-life crisis, awful in-laws, pre-school for toddlers, boarding school and you have to invite the headmaster over like in the sims 2! etc) (Stroller, playpen, that bouncy chair people put toddlers in? IDK what's called lol, cane, pacifier)
    Farming (with animals like cows(milk), horses(career, shows, competition, riding, etc), sheep(wool), and chickens(eggs))
    Hotels
    School
    Better Babies
    Add more to the sentiments and lifestyles
    Improved romance
    Drama, Tragedy, more autonomy
    Burglars
    Law system, you can go to jail, etc
    Royalty system and gameplay
    Pet careers and improved pet social media, make money from having a famous Instagram cat for example.
    Bands (Especially teen bands!)
    in-depth vampire hunter active career
    Fairies
    cars (not important to me but I wouldn't mind having them)
    Improved integration between all packs
    Improved traits and moodlets, more traits and aspirations
    Bring back WANTS (whims). They stop adding any after seasons. I'm a whim/wants based player. I like to have my sims guide me and it helps keep me interested in the game. Especially since I'm not good at coming up with my own stories. Whims are very important to me! Also, bring back fears from the sims 2! It gives them more personality and helps create story.

• RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    > @PreCiious said:
    > Gameplay that i wanna see...
    >
    > More focus on education for younger life stages...
    >
    > Toodlers that go to kindergarden to learn skills and friendships
    >
    > Homeschooling, boardingschools, private schools, online schools for Teenagers, Kids.
    >
    > More after school activites for kids and teens
    >
    > High School ceremonie, where Teenagers get a diploma.
    >
    >
    > Prom and even a kids event in school
    >
    >
    > Educator as a job. You know the people that work in the kindergarden.
    >
    >
    > ___
    >
    >
    > More types of competitions and competitions in general where you can get a trophy an money for the skills.
    >
    > The active cooking competition was so fun in the sims2.
    >
    >
    > Though My expectations are so low that i dont even care if it is active or rabbithole. The option would be cool.
    >
    > I also liked the horse comepetiton in the Sims 3
    >
    > or the chess challenge in the sims 3, where you had to win the current person to rank up. Same for marterial arts skill in World Adventure.
    >
    >
    > This would make skill building a little bit more fun.
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Billiard tables. Billiard tables. Billiard tables...
    >
    > ____

Prom for teenagers is one of my top wishes! And a high school prom or graduation social event would be nice.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Hopes for EP/GP/SP

Werewolves for the GP for sure. Next year will be time for another supernatural focused pack, and that's needed. Also body hair of course!!

Hotels would be an acceptable alternate.

I think the main EP I'm hoping for is something farming related. Though it could also be a GP, given how non-fleshed out the EP concepts have been for the last two years, I think it would fill an entire EP.

The other EP I don't know. Maybe something time travel but to the past like medieval times. Again, could be a GP, but the theme would fill the content of an EP. I wouldn't say no to something amusement/theme park related though, or something with casinos (or hotels) and a city vacation world (like Las Vegas but without the less family friendly stuff).

It's kind of sad and funny that some of these could be GPS but with the limited content in EPs they would fill up an EP.

SP I'm less sure or set on. I know I definitely want a decades/retro SP but the SPs are always sort of a surprise theme.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    The Sims 2 released on Steam.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • JahnaMarieJahnaMarie Posts: 2 New Member
    A lot of people have been saying, especially many long time Sims Youtubers, that generations in the Sims 3 was the bomb. What if for the Sims 4 they did like a world for old folks, like a retirement community and they included something similar to generations? Like just because your sims are elders doesn't mean life has to be boring. They could play croquet or something! :D But on a serious note, I mean they could have more grandparent - grandchild interactions, generations type stuff, and also a world where the elderly can retire an move to that include like apartment style retirement communities or something like that. I also miss being able to have a farm with horses, maybe pigs and chickens, etc.
  • Edward_TannerEdward_Tanner Posts: 1 New Member
    A placable flat roof tool, like the gabled, hipped, half gabled and half hipped, but flat. With the availability of roof pattens e.g. glass or metal, roof sculptures and roofing trims.

Using the flooring as a flat roof is all fine, if your going to put a decking or a blank floor, but I like messing around with the glass pattern for sky lights.

What I have done in the past is the lower the height of the half gabled roof to the lowest and built a small half wall around it to give it a frame but it’s just not the same

So please please please add a customisable flat roof piece, as well as just using flooring as a roof!!
  • Lee12321Lee12321 Posts: 318 Member
    I would love just a basic create-a-style type tool just to add more swatches to items & I always loved TS3 Into the Future so maybe a pack like that & an open for business pack with shops, home businesses maybe even buying things like gyms and charging a membership