Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlights December 11 - A week on the Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

... and another week is over. Just 20 more days until the new year - not that I'm counting! πŸ˜…

This week was another exciting one: on Monday, a big update packed with a lot of great things went live. πŸŽ‰ If you want to know more, check out the patch notes!

After yet another busy week, let's see what has been going on here on the forum!

ybfuwb9ucf7x.png
You can find this magical screenshot by @Karababy52 right here

And here we go:
  • You know how much I love to marvel at the amazing creations that this community is sharing here on the forum. And when I came across @clousinators' building thread titled "Clousinator's creations". After seeing the last post, I got inspired for my Sims game-time this weekend ... :love:
  • Are you feel like bringing some spice into your game with a new challenge? Then look no further! @Flariot1started the great thread "New challenges *post your challenges that you made up here!*" where you can find and share fun things to do with your game! :relaxed:
  • I think we all have had that situation where we just knew an expansion pack would be amazing. But some of us might also have had that moment where we were like: "Woah, this expansion pack is actually even better than I thought, this might be my new favourite!" If that is true for you, why don't you jump over to @Treebrooke's thread "Which EP pleasantly surprised you?" and share your experience? :smiley:
  • If you have run out of things to read for the weekend, I might have just what you are looking for. Check out @bekkasan's amazing thread "Mary Kendall, a ghost story" and get lost in the drama and exciting developments! :heart:
  • Do you feel like getting to know your fellow Simmers a bit better? Then maybe you will enjoy the "Let's play: 'x or y game'" thread that was started by @ThatDoggoneGirl7. This is a fun game and a great way to connect with other community members. :blush:

That's it for today, folks! I hope you enjoyed these discussions as much as I did - more to come next week! If you have any recommendations, feel free to send them on to me! :smiley:

Have an awesim weekend and happy Simming! :heart:

- Leeloo

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @EA_Leeloo Thank you so much for featuring my screenshot in this week's Friday Highlights! What a wonderful surprise, so glad you liked it. :) Have a great weekend and...

Happy Simming! <3
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited December 2020
    @bekkasan Your story thread has been highlighted!!! :smiley: (Rightly so! ;):star: )

WOOHOO!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@EA_Leeloo Thank you so much for mentioning my Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story thread. I really appreciate it! :smiley:

@emorrill Thanks for the notification! :grin:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    Congrats to all mentioned. Awesome photo @Karababy52!

Thanks for another collection of inspiring threads @Ea_Leeloo. 😊
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Congrats to all mentioned! Hope you all have a great weekend, you too, @EA_Leeloo!
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @bekkasan I'm so happy for you! You know I adore your writing. Yay!!!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thanks @simgirl1010 <3 And yes, Congrats to everyone else featured in the Friday Highlights!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited December 2020
    [*] Are you feel like bringing some spice into your game with a new challenge? Then look no further! @Flariot1started the great thread "New challenges *post your challenges that you made up here!*" where you can find and share fun things to do with your game! :relaxed:

The thread is a necro'ed thread from 2015, posted in the wrong section; according to the forum rules both discouraged?
  • JoshFlanJoshFlan Posts: 2 New Member
    Can you make a update with like we can become A Royal or Royalty and have our own palace and hire staff like guards, maids, and etc and like the palace could be attacked or sum like that
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    JoshFlan wrote: Β»
    Can you make a update with like we can become A Royal or Royalty and have our own palace and hire staff like guards, maids, and etc and like the palace could be attacked or sum like that

@JoshFlan, it would be best to post your ideas for the game over in The Sims 4 Ideas and Feedback section... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    @Karababy52 It's a great screenshot, I love it! I'm looking forward to seeing more screenshots from you in the future! :smiley: Enjoy your weekend and happy Simming!

@emorrill "Rightly so" - couldn't agree more! Such a great story. :love:

@bekkasan Of course, I got totally drawn into it. Keep writing, I can't wait to see what happens next! :relaxed:

@simgirl1010 Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words! :heart:

@WildIrishBanshee Cheers, I hope you're having a great weekend, too! :blush:

@MamaSimTee I second this, the writing in the ghost story thread is fantastic! :)

@Auroraskies The thread is now under "Challenges, Stories, and Legacies", thank you for spotting this. Since this is a creative thread, the necroposting rule applies differently. If you want to read more about necroposting in this forum, you can check out this thread here where you can find an extensive explanation. :)

@JoshFlan I'm not part of the production team so I'm not involved in creating content for the game. But it sounds like a really fun idea! :grin: As @lisasc360 mentioned, that might be a good topic to share in the Feedback section.
    The theme does remind me a little bit of The Sims Medieval. Maybe that could be right up your alley if you like the whole idea of royal Sims ruling a kingdom. ;)
    Thank you for moving it. I have read the linked thread on necroposting, thank you.
  • NormalKatNormalKat Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey something not related, i was building and moving a gate around to see where it would look best on then the game thought i placed it there so the fence disappeared. i tried clicking the undo button and deleting the fence and putting it back but nothing is working. i'm posting it here because i'm too new of a member to make a thread
    Hey something not related, i was building and moving a gate around to see where it would look best on then the game thought i placed it there so the fence disappeared. i tried clicking the undo button and deleting the fence and putting it back but nothing is working. i'm posting it here because i'm too new of a member to make a thread

@NormalKat, I've created a thread over in The Sims 4 General Discussion section in hopes that someone over there can answer your question... :)
    Here is the link to the thread for you... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984898/thread-for-normalkat-with-a-gate-issue-in-their-game/p1?new=1

@EA_Leeloo, if that's not where it should go, then move it as I didn't know where else to put it at for NormalKat. Thanks... :)
    Isn't Lots section for building? Or is it just for builds made by players?
  • NormalKatNormalKat Posts: 12 New Member
    edited December 2020
    a section for building i believe

also how do i send a pic of the problem

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArVIQMdYumC3nE2JJWnz7loBHvbT i think this will work

nevermind

[CM edit: posts merged - instead of posting multiple times in a row, please use the edit function]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    edited December 2020
    When you are a 'member', as opposed to 'new member' you can add links. If you post your link in the thread made for you, someone can quote it to make it alive.

Here is a thread that explains the member status on the forum
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17568845/#Comment_17568845
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    Congratulations on being mentioned in Friday Hightlights,Clousinator! B)
    4kkjdXo.png

• JoshFlanJoshFlan Posts: 2 New Member
    Can someone forward my message to the sims 4 feedback page bc I can’t do it myself
    JoshFlan wrote: Β»
    Can someone forward my message to the sims 4 feedback page bc I can’t do it myself

@JoshFlan, just look for threads already created for ideas in the link that I've provided for you in my earlier post and just add your idea to it until you can gain member status to be able to create new threads... :)
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Oh My Gosh, Thanks so much for the mention!! :) I've always wanted to be in the Friday Highlights!
  • CaitiplaysgamesCaitiplaysgames Posts: 21 Member
    > @EA_Leeloo said:
    > Sul sul Simmers!
    >
    > ... and another week is over. Just 20 more days until the new year - not that I'm counting! πŸ˜…
    >
    > This week was another exciting one: on Monday, a big update packed with a lot of great things went live. πŸŽ‰ If you want to know more, check out the patch notes!
    >
    > After yet another busy week, let's see what has been going on here on the forum!
    >
    >
    >
    > You can find this magical screenshot by @Karababy52 right here
    >
    > And here we go:* You know how much I love to marvel at the amazing creations that this community is sharing here on the forum. And when I came across @clousinators' building thread titled "Clousinator's creations". After seeing the last post, I got inspired for my Sims game-time this weekend ... :love:
    > * Are you feel like bringing some spice into your game with a new challenge? Then look no further! @Flariot1started the great thread "New challenges *post your challenges that you made up here!*" where you can find and share fun things to do with your game! :relaxed:
    > * I think we all have had that situation where we just knew an expansion pack would be amazing. But some of us might also have had that moment where we were like: "Woah, this expansion pack is actually even better than I thought, this might be my new favourite!" If that is true for you, why don't you jump over to @Treebrooke's thread "Which EP pleasantly surprised you?" and share your experience? :smiley:
    > * If you have run out of things to read for the weekend, I might have just what you are looking for. Check out @bekkasan's amazing thread "Mary Kendall, a ghost story" and get lost in the drama and exciting developments! :heart:
    > * Do you feel like getting to know your fellow Simmers a bit better? Then maybe you will enjoy the "Let's play: 'x or y game'" thread that was started by @ThatDoggoneGirl7. This is a fun game and a great way to connect with other community members. :blush:
    >
    >
    > That's it for today, folks! I hope you enjoyed these discussions as much as I did - more to come next week! If you have any recommendations, feel free to send them on to me! :smiley:
    >
    > Have an awesim weekend and happy Simming! :heart:
    >
    > - Leeloo

These look so great and fun to play with, have a Magical day :)