Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Game Data Incomplete" After Patching

I just patched and repaired my game, and when I tried to open my save, this message popped up:

"Not all game data could be loaded. The save game references neighbourhoods that have been uninstalled or otherwise are no longer available. If you continue playing, you will encounter missing data and may have unexpected results. If you save the game, there will be no way to recover the missing data."

I quit without saving and tried opening another save, with the same result. I haven't deleted any files (apart from cache files and old mods), and all my packs are still installed. Luckily, I remembered to back up my saves before updating. Has anyone else seen this, and can it be fixed?
#ConsistencyForAliensTS4

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have seen a similar issue with Conan Exiles after I had removed some old and outdated mods from it. But not with Sims 4. So I'm wondering if what you are experiencing was caused by you deleting old caches and old mods. What I suggest is start a new game as a test game and see if the issue comes back.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I have almost never repaired my game after patching as I don't think I need it, the only one time I use repair function is when my sister retaliate to me by permanently deleting some of my the sims 4 game files. Play the game first for few hours if nothing is missing or nothing seems out of ordinary you can be sure that the game will play just fine just use save as so that you have other saves to revert back to.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I found this old bug report for it, with the advise to create a new report if encountering the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/FIXED-Game-Data-Incomplete/td-p/4472222

See the tips in the first post as well.

I would advise not saving your game while this error comes up; but Repair again, and wait till all the packs are done, then exit Origin and restart your computer. Several repairs after eachother is also worth a try.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I’ve reinstalled my game and I’m currently waiting for the packs to download again. 17.5 down, 17.5 to go.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I can’t find any official EA info on this, which is very odd in itself; but the way I understand the Repair, it does sort of the same thing as reinstalling, and therefore hopefully is a quicker way of updating the program files. There are lots of unoffical guides on the repair function.

The error I think would need to be reported.
    It's working now! Thanks, everyone. :)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    @AyKooChao after patching the game as your computer anti virus kick in blocking the sims4 64 exe app file?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    @friendlysimmers No, I have a Mac.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    edited December 2020
    UPDATE: I downloaded the Littleroot save by Tinycowplant and it’s giving me the message. I have every pack except Snowy Escape (which wasn’t released yet when the save was uploaded) and Journey to Batuu. All my other saves work, so I don’t know what’s wrong with that one. Not only that, Mt. Komorebi isn’t showing up on the world select screen, not even greyed out.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    UPDATE: I downloaded the Littleroot save by Tinycowplant and it’s giving me the message. I have every pack except Snowy Escape (which wasn’t released yet when the save was uploaded) and Journey to Batuu. All my other saves work, so I don’t know what’s wrong with that one. Not only that, Mt. Komorebi isn’t showing up on the world select screen, not even greyed out.

Did you ever find a solution?I'm getting the same error when I open that save file.
  • BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2021
    I was browsing the Answers HQ forum earlier, and I don't know if this is the same problem you're encountering, but Crinrict says in this thread that there's a problem with the Onsen lot in some games right now. :/

EDIT: Disregard. I initially misread and just realized you DON'T have Snowy Escape, so...my input is irrelevant.