Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting A New Game Should Give Players An Option To Choose A Household Or Enter CAS

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lee12321Lee12321 Posts: 318 Member
    I have always wondered why this never happened, especially when you're just hopping in a new save to build, I always thought it was because they wanted to show off the new CAS and how improved it was from other sims games?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah we have been talking about this foolery for years now.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I have requested this from the dawn of this iteration. Yet, the only change on starting a new game is a prompt of starting with a tutorial or not...

My suggestion back then was that players will be taken to Manage Worlds when starting a fresh save, and from there we could choose from Join An Existing Household, Create A Sim, and Edit Worlds. This set-up would absolutely accommodate most play styles when starting fresh—storytellers, sim creators, and sole builders.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The TS2 system of going right to world selection is much preferred. Once in the world of your choice you have the option of playing an existing household or making a new one. Simple, efficient, and under player control.
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    The TS2 system of going right to world selection is much preferred. Once in the world of your choice you have the option of playing an existing household or making a new one. Simple, efficient, and under player control.

The Sims 2 also has the option of deleting a family in the Family Bin, moving an occupied house from the neighborhood to the family bin and deleting that occupied house in the family bin. All of that can instantly corrupt the game. A corrupted game can still be playable, though.
  • Options
    MelissaBearMelissaBear Posts: 29 Member
    This would be useful! Especially on console where loading screens take forever
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Completely agree.
    p6tqefj