Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

64bit keeps crashing

Does anyone else have the issue where when trying to load a world the game just crashes or loads but with severe graphics issues?

Worked fine when I just installed the base game but I've install all the EPs and now it won't load.

I have a 2016 13" MBP btw so should be good enough to run it all at low settings. :(

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Try deleting options.ini, in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3. If that doesn't help, move the entire Sims 3 folder onto your desktop, and a new folder will spawn when you open the launcher. Don't add anything to it, and don't change the graphics settings, until you've loaded the game and had a look around.

When you do want to change a setting, be sure to do it at the Main Menu and then quit to desktop before loading a save. Not doing so is one cause of significant graphics glitches. It's safe to change the resolution and switch between fullscreen and windowed modes, but that's about it.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes, I think I am experiencing something similar. I was inspired to try to play TS3 again after having a look around this forum, and I was able to convert my old disc to the 64 bit version on origin but once I get to this loading screen, it either won't load beyond this point or if it does load fully, it will be glitchy and flickery and impossible to actually click on anything. This is all on my first attempt to load the game, there is no CC or saves or anything, I literally just installed it so idk what to do. I guess I might just be stuck playing TS4 haha.

I know that the TS3 does have long loading time on the initial screen, but just HOW long should I have to wait?

EDIT: I have a macbook pro 13 inch 2020. I honestly don't know what half stuff being in discussed about specs and other stuff even means, I am a simple person when it comes to computer lingo lol

8GhafmT.png