Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Sims Keep On Doing Independently Despite Autonomy Is None?

I wonder why a Sim keeps doing things independently on their own despite the fact that I set the autonomy to none?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Three possible explanations:

- Conversations. Choosing topics is always autonomous, even with free will off. Trouble is that things like woohoo and offering massages counts as "conversation topics". The only thing that helps here is MCCC Centers MC Tuner module. It's a life saver.

- Motives in the red. When a motive drops in the deep red, sims will act autonomously to fill the bar. It's extremely annoying and Mc Tuner helps only partially here. You'll need to take autonomy from bathing/showering/toilet/beds/napping/coffee period, for played sims AND townies, it's all or nothing. Personally I leave the talking toilets alone to use them on venues and nuke autonomy from all aforementioned actions.

- Stuck NAPS (with Eco Lifestyle). A bug that should be repaired, but might not be in older saves. The bug causes played sims to acquire NAPs from neighborhoods they merely visited and overrides the Autnoomy Off setting. When I this bug, I was close to quitting the game, but there are two things you could try:
    You can run this script and then remove it again from your game: https://modthesims.info/d/646194/basemental-stuck-n-a-p-s-fix.html or install simvasion's Eco Interaction tweaks mod.

That's all I can think of now.