Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never Satisfied.

Before and after the new update, the game is still lagging like I'm so tired of it. I miss the days when Sims was so inappropriate when I was ten I literally was like oh my god... the remote is vibrating. I can't stand the bugs! The game is always lagging.

Comments

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Even when you try to be positive and hopeful there's always something off about this 4th generation of The Sims. After 6 years it just makes you tired of it!
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    Even when you try to be positive and hopeful there's always something off about this 4th generation of The Sims. After 6 years it just makes you tired of it!

I try so hard to be positive about the game, but it's not the same. It's like an unsatisfying piece of cake, it's what you've been craving and yet it's not good as you hoped it would be.

I try so hard to be positive about the game, but it's not the same. It's like an unsatisfying piece of cake, it's what you've been craving and yet it's not good as you hoped it would be.

Exactly!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm so glad my Sims 4 doesn't lag like in Sims 3. I also appreciate that the Canadian "Red Tape" was finally lifted off so that I was finally able to get the Game Packs & Stuff Packs back in 2018. Four years of only being able to get Expansions only drove me & my daughter bonko. We so appreciate being able to let our game grow.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think the developers should have to play TS2 for a month.
    So they can learn how to be irreverent, and how to incorporate it into the game.

I miss the crudeness, I miss the silliness, I miss the ridiculousness, and I miss the darker things.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member

Maybe it's just not for you. You shouldn't have to work that hard to enjoy a game.

I like it without having to stress about it, but if my game lagged, I would be so annoyed... maybe play the sims games you enjoy instead.
    haneul wrote: »

Maybe it's just not for you. You shouldn't have to work that hard to enjoy a game.

I like it without having to stress about it, but if my game lagged, I would be so annoyed... maybe play the sims games you enjoy instead.

I can't I don't have anything else, except for this head ache of a game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2020
    The Sims 4 reminds me of fast food restaurants where I live. In my case you wait for years for a new one, because there were not many to choose from here. Ok, a new one moves in, they try hard to get the orders right, the first several months are alright for a fast food service. But as the years go by, they go down hill really bad. They stop getting the orders right, they are sloooow, you could have ordered something faster in a sit down restaurant> They change the menu to things you would never buy to eat there. If I want fruit I will buy fruit. I don't expect it at a hamburger joint. They start just slopping it up, no longer care, you open the bag to see your burger is just thrown together, it's messy, sloppy, they forgot what you told them to put on it, and in many cases it's the wrong order. TS4 seems to have become a greasy spoon, but it always was, with the lack of pickles, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, sauce etc. since day one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I feel like the large list of bugs in this game is almost inexcusable, given they’ve purposely (or at least claimed to have) cut big ticket features such as open world, etc. to prevent them.

If you’re not going to deliver big, innovative features and can’t get a tiny lot in a closed world with backdrop SFX working flawlessly, then why bother? Quick check for EA, I guess.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The problem as I see it the bar was to high after Sims 3. I get the routing issues with Sims 3 but Sims 4 took it to far to solve any routing problems. Not able to walk across the without a loading screen it's the 21 first century. Then wiping out the Sims 4 family and wiping out Aliens. The game has gone backwards.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    So they can learn how to be irreverent, and how to incorporate it into the game.

I miss the crudeness, I miss the silliness, I miss the ridiculousness, and I miss the darker things.

And how to make in depth game play, the little details that add up to an immersive game, real personalities for sims, wants & fears, an honest memory system, an attraction system, worlds with many lots, worlds with functioning cars...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2020
    Honestly, I play TS2 way more than TS4. TS4 just feels so watered down from a gameplay perspective that I just can't bring myself to play it for more than an hour or two and even then it's mostly CAS and build. It's not immersive, it's extremely repetitive, I personally don't like the kiddy aesthetics of certain assets and the overly colorful swatches, most features are cheap knock offs of past games like the retail system....anyways. I haven't bought a pack since the eco lifestyle and I honestly don't see a reason to.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

You know many of them worked on Sims 2, right? Why on Earth would they need to do that?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

You know many of them worked on Sims 2, right? Why on Earth would they need to do that?

Can you list how many exactly? And how many did work on the Base Game for TS2?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    The thing we need the most in this game is much more meaningful gameplay, like a much greater selection of character traits to make the Sims more unique and much more meaningful relationships. The worlds and the music are beautiful, but there aren't enough activities for Sims to do together and make memories. Besides that, you pick certain character traits and they still end up doing what they shouldn't be. Why would a proper Sim still cause mischief? They get mad when another Sim behaves inappropriately like that, but they end up doing something like lying about their career when their mischief level is only 1. They also end up flirting with another Sim when they're already in a relationship or married and it's not your choice for them to do that. There really should be some kind of other mood than just a flirty mood, too. I've noticed that the "fun" need never goes up when Sims kiss their mates or when they have any romantic interactions with one another aside from woohoo. That shouldn't be the case if they have sentiments like "deeply in love" when they constantly only get flirty around each other and then they may end up flirting with another Sim. I know the team has been working hard and it really should be appreciated a whole lot, and I do appreciate it, but I have to agree when others say that relationships and personalities lack a little. I couldn't call myself an expert, but I've been playing The Sims since 2000 or 2001 and I feel like the developers are very, very capable of expanding this game. They've done such a good job over the years and I know that this game has greater potential.

And how to make in depth game play, the little details that add up to an immersive game, real personalities for sims, wants & fears, an honest memory system, an attraction system, worlds with many lots, worlds with functioning cars...

I hate to say this, but I think a lot of Simmers who played Sims 2 overestimate that game's current value. Sims 4 is a more successful game than Sims 2. Financially, the Sims 4 is doing well and people like it. A lot of the systems in Sims 2 (like memories) probably won't work well in Sims 4 without causing serious bloat and memories corrupted some saves in Sims 2. Regardless, because the Sims 4 is doing well, I think the developers don't see why they should make the game more like 2, especially when it comes to memories and wants/fears.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Before and after the new update, the game is still lagging like I'm so tired of it. I miss the days when Sims was so inappropriate when I was ten I literally was like oh my god... the remote is vibrating. I can't stand the bugs! The game is always lagging.
    Lagging? Do you have a lot of mods or CC? Did you try and clean your computer? This is not something a lot of folks want to hear, but perhaps it's time to upgrade to a newer, more capable system? Constant lagging shouldn't happen, even on slightly older machines. The Sims 4 doesn't require that much juice to run it.
    Hmm...again, I don't mean any disrespect, but I do remember you created pretty much the exact same thread about a day or less before this one. Are you trying to get feedback and find a solution or are you more interested in generating a multitude of echo chambers?

If this game is not entertaining enough why can't you find something else to do? I do understand your frustration, but it's best to leave constructive feedback rather than telling everyone on multiple threads how headache inducing this game is.

The developers don't care about headaches. They care about constructive feedback. They do read the feedback section you know?
    In the meantime, maybe find something else you enjoy doing? It doesn't necessarily have to include a computer...
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited December 2020

I hate to say this, but I think a lot of Simmers who played Sims 2 overestimate that game's current value. Sims 4 is a more successful game than Sims 2. Financially, the Sims 4 is doing well and people like it. A lot of the systems in Sims 2 (like memories) probably won't work well in Sims 4 without causing serious bloat and memories corrupted some saves in Sims 2. Regardless, because the Sims 4 is doing well, I think the developers don't see why they should make the game more like 2, especially when it comes to memories and wants/fears.

And yet, the Sims 4 still has the lowest reviews of all of the games. No matter how many packs they add on, they aren't really improving the game that much. The same problems still exist.
    They can keep selling the game to naive customers as much as they want, but eventually they'll get bored with it like everyone else. Even the gamechangers aren't playing the game anymore, probably because they're bored too.

Plus, the Sims 4 is only so successful because it's been out longer than any of the other two games. EA is also pretty hush hush about their exact sales figures...
    edited December 2020

It's been 6 years! The Sims 4 has more dlcs than any other The Sims title and don't try to give me The Sims 3 Store card because evryone knows people would buy dlcs for The Sims 3 much more than store content. The base game was free for a period. Its on Origin and Steam and nowadays we don't have to go to a store to get the game. The Gamechangers, like it or not are a way of advertising the game and there are so many giveaways for this game! The console game is exactly like the pc one unlike previous titles! Not even to mention that The Sims has no competition at this moment! The Sims 4 might have numbers but when you look at all the factors they are much less impressive than the numbers of The Sims 2 or even The Sims 1!

It's been 6 years! The Sims 4 has more dlcs than any other The Sims title and don't try to give me The Sims 3 Store card because evryone knows people would buy dlcs for The Sims 3 much more than store content. The base game was free for a period. Its on Origin and Steam and nowadays we don't have to go to a store to get the game. The Gamechangers, like it or not are a way of advertising the game and there are so many giveaways for this game! The console game is exactly like the pc one unlike previous titles! Not even to mention that The Sims has no competition at this moment! The Sims 4 might have numbers but when you look at all the factors they are much less impressive than the numbers of The Sims 2 or even The Sims 1!

If Sims 4 weren't doing well, the team would have moved on a few years ago. But they keep making dlc for it because it's doing well and the dlc is profitable. People like and buy it -- that's why there's a lot and why the basegame is sometimes free (to sell the dlc). I don't agree with all of their choices, but I don't think this argument of make it more like the Sims 2 is persuasive when some of the Sims team actually worked on the Sims 2 and when the Sims 4 has better figures. This is a business after all.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    While it may be successful, popular, and profitable by appealing to those with low expectations, it's still an inferior game in terms of gameplay quality, at least for those who know what it was like before. They are different games, the products of different eras. That 4 runs on an engine not intended for the task its been given doesn't help.
    Lagging? Do you have a lot of mods or CC? Did you try and clean your computer? This is not something a lot of folks want to hear, but perhaps it's time to upgrade to a newer, more capable system? Constant lagging shouldn't happen, even on slightly older machines. The Sims 4 doesn't require that much juice to run it.
    Hmm...again, I don't mean any disrespect, but I do remember you created pretty much the exact same thread about a day or less before this one. Are you trying to get feedback and find a solution or are you more interested in generating a multitude of echo chambers?

If this game is not entertaining enough why can't you find something else to do? I do understand your frustration, but it's best to leave constructive feedback rather than telling everyone on multiple threads how headache inducing this game is.

The developers don't care about headaches. They care about constructive feedback. They do read the feedback section you know?
    In the meantime, maybe find something else you enjoy doing? It doesn't necessarily have to include a computer...

I like the game, but it's quite frustrating when your time is literally stopping for about a minute. I probably had made another thread of the same thing, but I forget a lot and mostly I love the game for the details of the Sim, but it just doesn't feel as it used like Sims 2. I wish there was more to it.
    edited December 2020

If Sims 4 weren't doing well, the team would have moved on a few years ago. But they keep making dlc for it because it's doing well and the dlc is profitable. People like and buy it -- that's why there's a lot and why the basegame is sometimes free (to sell the dlc). I don't agree with all of their choices, but I don't think this argument of make it more like the Sims 2 is persuasive when some of the Sims team actually worked on the Sims 2 and when the Sims 4 has better figures. This is a business after all.

True! Making more than one pack for things that were sold in the past in just one expansion will always make a lot of profit. New players buy everything, heavly influenced by social media and propaganda with the majority not caring about of past games even tough The Sims 3 still exist in an expensive way (wonder why?-.-) and If you an old fan and you already own the past games, you expected more but you still arround because you're passionate about The Sims that it's still a monopoly. The Sims 4 is a downgrade with little improvements. Improvements are expected in a new sequel but it's existence is questionable. It feels like it is just a product and has no soul! Sometimes it is borderline pointless.
    I wish the majority of complainers to stop buying things even when its on sale but we know things don't work that way. We will have to wait for the competition and it could be good or terrible but The Sims will have to change because this certainly will not continue forever!
    While it may be successful, popular, and profitable by appealing to those with low expectations, it's still an inferior game in terms of gameplay quality, at least for those who know what it was like before. They are different games, the products of different eras. That 4 runs on an engine not intended for the task its been given doesn't help.

I know that that's the going opinion on the forums, but I don't agree. I played Sims 2. I have the Ultimate Collection now and it's a good game, but I like Sims 4 a lot more. I'm not really a builder and I don't spend much time in CAS, and yet I still prefer Sims 4. For me, there's just not enough in Sims 2. I had Sims mastering all skills while/before they became adults. There are only a few plants for gardening and a few meals to cook, etc. There aren't many Sims and they don't age together. Time stops when off-lot, etc. etc. The clocks moved and they opened cabinets when cooking, but I rather have piano be a separate skill than have a moving clock. We should probably have both, but I think that there are tons of people like me who actually prefer Sims 4 gameplay to Sims 2. Sims 4 has improved a lot since release.

I like the game, but it's quite frustrating when your time is literally stopping for about a minute. I probably had made another thread of the same thing, but I forget a lot and mostly I love the game for the details of the Sim, but it just doesn't feel as it used like Sims 2. I wish there was more to it.

The game isn't supposed to be like that though. That kind of lag sounds horrible. Have you tried to troubleshoot what's causing it?
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2020
    In my opinion, The Sims 5 will have to be completely different in order for Simmers to be fully happy with it, and by different I don't mean turning into something it never was or shouldn't be, but almost something totally new in a sense that the Sims, lifestyles, worlds, and events will have a lot more going on than they do now. I hope this makes sense. It just needs a real fresh start in some kind of way. Honestly, if they focus more on what the people are asking for, the game would end up being a lot more successful.