Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sliders for hair colors

ยซ1
FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited December 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
We need sliders to accurately represent our haircolors. The skin color slider was a step in the right direction, but not enough.

Modders already managed to create a slider for hair colors, so it should be possible!

a256aFi.gif

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I wish there was a hair slider too!!
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2020
    We need sliders to accurately represent our haircolors. The skin color slider was a step in the right direction, but not enough.

Modders already managed to create a slider for hair colors, so it should be possible!

I'm with you 100% @FreezerBunnyCowplant ! :) Still waiting for that height slider too.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Hair slider would be absolutely fabulous!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited December 2020
    yeah hair slider is big need id love to have that

+ I wish we had ash brown, ash blonde and warm black swatch for it

and perhaps they could add hues like with makeup

eye color sliders would also be nice

other than those I don't really expect them to colorwheel build mode or clothing though cause they've literally been selling swatches of same item

though I would appreciate pattern changer for textiles (sheets, curtains and such) but idk if thats too much for game to run nicely

โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited December 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Yep, more hair colors as well. Especially, since some of the existing colors doesn't match deeper skin tones. Like the fuchsia pink and lavender hair colors. A purple variation in these hair color options would look better. Hopefully, EA won't take forever change that.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I don't really expect them to colorwheel build mode or clothing though cause they've literally been selling swatches of same item

true LOL i guess we'll never have matching cabinets in ts4

Still scratching my head over that and why not more choices? Yeah, it doesn't seem like that is happening Sims 4, lol. We also need more mirror styles as I find myself using the same two or three for wardrobe dressers in all my builds. It's like we got lots of dressers, but no matching mirrors that come with them like most do in real life.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Yes we need sliders for the hair colors as well!
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes please.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I would love a 100 color swatches for the hair & eyes.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yup agreed, along with sliders for eyes and face details. I was trying to put freckles on my sim today, and they are too dark for this particular sims face. A opacity slider for those are much needed.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I agree. Now that they have sliders for skin color, we should have them for hair color too. There's only a few hair color choices. It seems like they should have worked on the hair color sliders before make-up, because hair color was already so limited.

My daughter wants to use dyed hair colors on children btw.

I'd love to see sliders on hair length too, but maybe that's harder to do.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Yes, I can't get anything even close to my hair colour in the game, and it's my natural hair colour. I always have to decide between blonde, brown, or red. The light blonde is just as close as the lightest red, and even then is still far off from my actual colour. More swatches would have been enough, but now that they've done sliders and 100 swatches for skin tones, they have to give at least that for hair colours. They said players can better represent themselves, but I can't since I can't get my hair colour.

They need swatches for light brown, dark blonde, and light red. There's probably more than what I have listed. My hair is strawberry blonde (a mixture of dark blonde and red). I want them to add a swatch for this. Hopefully they do natural strawberry blonde and not the pink dyed colour many people think is strawberry blonde.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Yes to more hair colors and sliders!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Yes I totally agree we need hair sliders! If they were able to add sliders for makeup in one patch it should be just as easy for the hair as well!
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Yes! And be able to choose between tips, highlights, roots, etc., especially for dyed hair.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited January 2021
    oh yes PLEASE

Yes! And be able to choose between tips, highlights, roots, etc., especially for dyed hair.
    Being able to change the tips, roots, and highlights would require them to go back through every single hairstyle (there are MANY) and add a Sims 3-like mask layer and basically, fundamentally change the whole hair system. This mask layer would be a whole another texture, added and tailored to every hair ever, since the UVs and textures are all different. So I really doubt they'd do that.

No, I can rather see them just adding hue/saturation/lightness sliders to existing swatches. That is much more in line with what they already did with the skins and makeup, anyway.

And honestly, that would be good enough for me. Especially if the color setting carries over to every hair your sim has applied; for example, a sim with a custom version of the blue hair swatch will keep those custom settings on every blue swatch of all the hairstyles they have across all the outfits. Obviously you should get to save them too.

I do not expect anything Sims 3-like until TS5 shows up.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    This is amazing. And also, I would love to have a couple of new colorful haircolors to be able to play the not so berry challenge withtout downloading CC. And the graying version of all the natural haircolors too, cuz we only have the brown and black ones, I think.
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    Yes to more hair colours
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Amen!
  • bluehydrengaebluehydrengae Posts: 29 Member
    yes! also we should be able to choose colour of the clothes too... like let's say a shirt is blue and white we should be able to make it black and white or black and red etc
  • mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2021
    A color wheel and the return of Create A Style would be a dream come true!
    a256aFi.gif
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    For anyone who wants hair sliders there's a mod that came out for public release a couple days back that adds sliders for every hair and clothing item in game and is cc compatible :)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/color-sliders-1-46144228?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copy_to_clipboard&utm_campaign=postshare