Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Thoughts On Occults

So, the most recent update got rid of the mermaid and spellcaster hybrid. I was greatly disappointed in this. Since there has been occults this is something that bothers me. I understand this is a programming issue. But why can’t we have hybrids? I’m supposed to be able to make my own story. Some hybrids don’t make a lot of sense. I’m just ranting on the issue.

So, hybrids I think are ‘realistically’ compatible
  1. Vampire-Spellcaster: Both ancient species. I think this would be a cool idea.
  2. Vampire-Werewolf: I just love the taboo of this.
  3. Werewolf-Spellcaster: Werewolves could become werewolves from being bitten or from being cursed by a spellcaster. Werewolves are still mostly human after all.
  4. Spellcaster-Mermaid: All magic is from the same source idea
  5. Fairies-PlantSims: Just makes sense. Fairies can make PlantSims grow better/ect.
  6. Genie-Spellcaster: All magic is from the same source idea
  7. Aliens-Human: I only see Aliens being compatible with ‘pure’ humans.
  8. Ghost: Compatible with everything
  9. Fairies-Humans: Changelings anyone? This is an old lore in Celtic cultures. This would have been great in Windenburg.

If we ever get an occult expansion this really would be a great way to have some lore to the game. I’d love there to be negative reactions to hybrids (a sort of stigma) though I guess some people will take it the wrong way. Anyways, it would be nice to see a bit of reaction to couples of different species. It doesn’t have to be negative. Say if a sim likes occults, they could be really interested in talking to your sims or if they do not like occults disgusted. It’s a great way to touch on some of these types of issues without having to touch on the real concept. Will they do this? Probably not. Just a thought.

I think there a lot of cool behaviors they could add. Maybe a vampire-spellcaster is stronger with magic at night and has an affinity for mischief magic. A mermaid-spellcaster could be more like a siren with magic dealing with water.

Some of these occults we don’t currently have. But I’d love to see the return of Genies, Fairies and Werewolves make a return. There needs to be improvements to vampires and spellcasters for sure though. Vampires animations are very annoying (sims already move super slow and the vampire walks make it way worse). I’d like Spellcasters be able to research magic on research machine and online because maybe I want a more modern spellcaster experience. Not everyone has endless bookshelves for spell books. :p I’d also like to be able to make my own spell books. I loved the book of shadows/Gilmour from Sims 2. I’d like familiars to do more than just look pretty. Like sending them looking for ingredients. MAKE PLANTSIMS available from CAS, pretty please.

We need a world dedicated to occults like we had in Sims 3. A neighborhood were occults can live in ‘peace and harmony’ sort of idea. We could use some new careers dealing with occults too. Though I’d want to be able to keep ‘regular sims’ out of this community. I love that we can visit other worlds freely, but I hate that everyone becomes occults randomly or goes to occult neighborhoods. What sane human would walk through Forgotten Hallow?

Possible Careers:
  • Magic (Spellcasters, Genies, Mermaids, Fairies, hybrids only)
Branch 1: Duelist
Branch 2: Wish Granter
Brand 3: Elementalist
  • Fortune Teller
  • Occultist (researcher in occults)
Branch 1: Master of the Unknown (research)
Branch 2: Master of Cures (can cure all occults making them human)
  • Hunter (I don’t know if they’d be able to do this in a respectful way)

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    First, there are custom aspirations and jobs that are occult based/ Second you can cheat a hybrid. Usually, in an unmodded game (from my experience) when two occults, for example, a vampire and a spellcaster have a child 1 of three things will happen. 1 a spellcaster child. 2 a Vampire Child or 3 a Vampire Spellcaster hybrid. Though the first 2 are most common from my experience and I end up cheating it in. If you use MCCC you can use custom pregnancies to increase your chance of having a hybrid child.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Occult things I'd love to see:

~I definitely want to see some occult based careers as well. (coughcoughGRIMREAPERCAREERcoughcough) I wouldnt mind if they were part time gigs, but sometimes I dont want my vampire sim or spellcaster sim to have a normal 9-5 job.

~I would love it if sims had a stronger reaction to seeing occults. Right now, they're just "Ah! An occult!" and then move on with their day. I'd love it if there was a trait where a sim gets super excited at finding an occult (maybe even an Occult Fanatic Lifestyle???) AND a trait where finding an occult is nothing short of terrifying.

~Familiars should be able to fulfill social need! I dont understand why my sims cant talk to their own familiar.

~Plantsims definitely need some love. I would have thought with EL they would have gotten even a small update.

~Since we know someone is going to mention a toggle, yes please if it means that occults will not be subject to the nerf hammer. I paid for occult shenanigans, I want occult shenanigans.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited December 2020
    i think hybrids should be possible cause well logically you pair 2 occults their powers and appearance and genetic faults and advantages should mix

also you said aliens don't realistically mix with other occults but i strongly disagree because they absolutely do

this concept is similar to the "magic is all from same source"

but with twist: source is space.
    and aliens brought it to earth with them.

breeding with alien caused human deformities that resulted in different occults.

and humans turned occult can use strange space energy described as magic

;)

= naturally if you breed alien to any other occult you'd then have both alien and occult side for their spawn
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    First, there are custom aspirations and jobs that are occult based/ Second you can cheat a hybrid. Usually, in an unmodded game (from my experience) when two occults, for example, a vampire and a spellcaster have a child 1 of three things will happen. 1 a spellcaster child. 2 a Vampire Child or 3 a Vampire Spellcaster hybrid. Though the first 2 are most common from my experience and I end up cheating it in. If you use MCCC you can use custom pregnancies to increase your chance of having a hybrid child.

The only issue is that not everyone wants to use a mod in their game. I've never seen a Vampire Spellcaster hybrid in my game.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i think hybrids should be possible cause well logically you pair 2 occults their powers and appearance and genetic faults and advantages should mix

also you said aliens don't realistically mix with other occults but i strongly disagree because they absolutely do

breeding with alien caused human deformities that resulted in different occults.

;)

= naturally if you breed alien to any other occult you'd then have both alien and occult side for their spawn

How would you suppose they would function? I see that also being a programming nightmare. But I have a hard time imagining how that would work. I guess you can go with that theory. You may as well just say all Sims are just aliens at that point. lol
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    ahh so they only got rid of the mermaid spellcaster hybrid or also the rest of occults?
    i had an alien vampire somewhere on a save i cheated, will something happen to it??
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I hope they didn't get rid of spellcasters and vampires. That would NOT be cool if they did. I do NOT want to use a mod to get vampire/spellcaster hybrids. I want werewolves as well as the vampires and spellcasters back in "The Sims 4" series. I do NOT like the concept of spellcasters and vampires removed from the game, we need MORE occults, NOT less.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited December 2020
    dg51829 wrote: »

;)

How would you suppose they would function? I see that also being a programming nightmare. But I have a hard time imagining how that would work. I guess you can go with that theory. You may as well just say all Sims are just aliens at that point. lol

im not programmer or anything so idk its probably alien tech to program that

but all i am saying is there is no reason to exclude aliens from hybrid pool any more than other occult ... actually probably less because they don't have any specific needs or weaknesses or skill trees just few extra powers,interactions and cool cas stuff

and well as for why it makes sense storywise... you'll understand after season of xfiles :smirk:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Momma_Bear0705Momma_Bear0705 Posts: 28 Member
    Well for some reason occult sims "scare" me??? I dont know...I am not very into trying a new type of sim.. Yet.....
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Personally, I love the idea of a mixed hybrid of Vampire/Werewolf, like in the Underworld movies.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I agree, I am to have a Spellcaster/vampire Hybrid because my spell caster, or Sorcerer rather is suppose to fall into darkness, right after his banishment, and evolves into this "King of Daemons" type of character. That's the only kind of hybrid I have and Plan on making. I've already started playing with this evolution in fear it might not be possible later on and I would have missed my chance.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TPMoriartyTPMoriarty Posts: 55 Member
    So, I play three different games with a hybrid. First game is with a vampire/spellcaster hybrid and it works out great. Second game is with a mermaid/spellcaster hybrid and it also works great. Third game is with a vampire/mermaid hybrid and it also works. I just wish I could have one game that has a vampire/spellcaster/mermaid hybrid. Adding the third hybrid causes the mermaid to swim through dry land and not change back. It is kinda funny to watch her swimming through university though! LOL
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Tell me about it @TPMoriarty. The game just doesn't want me to have a Quaduple Hybrids. I can never add the Mermaid Occult to the other three without glitches. All I want to do is play my sims weird, is that too much to ask? :'(
    edited August 2021

;)

This a good point. I know it's been forever since you commented. I also loved the idea someone had of an Alien and Servo. How would have Alien hybrids act or look? I'm so sorry I forgot I already responded. Haha.