Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favorite main menu iteration? (Dec. 2020)

We unexpectedly had another main menu redesign today. How are you liking it compared to the other designs?

1 (September 2014 - February 2015)

Kpo1OaU.jpg

2 (February 2015 - February 2017)

DJbyTfE.jpg

3 (February 2017 - July 2019)

xWUcZtC.jpg

4 (July 2019 - December 2020)
RdS4X6K.jpg

5 (December 2020 - Present)
t4uIk17.jpg
qidpmcvgek8y.png

Your favorite main menu iteration? (Dec. 2020) 175 votes

1 (September 2014 - February 2015)
9%
CK213lisamwittMindofyBabykittyjadeSeptJanOctLaruhellDDDUUsnoepjes1210DoloresGreyWaytoomanyUIDsJackOnYourBackNiaraTiaraCeridwenFlapStrawberryYogurtNorthDakotaGamerZenSimbuilds 17 votes
9%
Colorist40keFUNKNEY101drake_mccartyfruitsbasket101DeKaydoedearMDianaSimscalipossValeahSimDestroyerTS1299OceancatSERVERFRADaepheneRouensimsSimmingalcody6268 17 votes
40%
Akl500PIcewolfSamadamsPlayerHowGreatThouArtJueJuePlayerSinger2010AlrynnIsb917Thunderbat87elanorbretonalanmichael1YautjagirlKennziKaigeAquariusMomPegasyspeterskywalkertaydevJoybearrTrowiciaGirkl 70 votes
18%
crocobauraauroraael14alexspoom13Mi9shaoscarIObelleJeansoosuzanna13xXPandoraXxSimplyJenAlwe1507elelunicyAdria22bixtersbrandon192003Cellardwellercatmando830EnkiSchmidtPotterheadSimJustinOEII1001 32 votes
22%
alan650111TheSpotted_CMeteoraStormOrihuelaSimsimgirl1010cchant86SavorySageshygirlKhrisstyneCary1213ernesdoBird166SelinaKylesKianijohenson20AnnLee87BMSOnucleonideRedDestiny92HermitgirlSimmer_chiyen 39 votes

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I also like 1 because it's simple. But I went with 3 because it seems more organized.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I chose 3 because it's cleaner. I actually use a mod to make mine look like that now (well, before today's update, so I'm sure it will be broken)

I'm not really digging the new look, it looks like website or a blog to me, too much info and it's distracting to me.
  • Options
    Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    I like this new one cause it doesn't constantly show me the packs I don't own. And also I never had the jumping Llama and Freezer Bunny it always told I can bundle to buy more packs. From the first impression I like this one the best.
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No doubt an unpopular opinion, but I really liked the one we just had. I'll miss the pack portraits and the happy llamacorn and freezer bunny.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2020
    I like the new one best! I never really liked the white theme of TS4 menus. I'm glad the menu is mainly blue now as it has always been the signature color of The Sims :)
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Third or fourth. Current menu looks really messy, all these ads... I didn't mind seeing my collection even if it's far from complete.
    And I don't like how they got rid of pack icons and replaced them with giant covers. It's messy too. I would like to keep everything simple.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I really like this new one, everything I need to regularly access is right there at first glance, and the packs being in a different tab is fine with me because I already know what I own. This new page seem much more streamlined and organized to me.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Oh there's a new one? I haven't updated my game yet but like the new one a lot from just seeing it posted here.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm not fan of the news and random advertisements part but i think i like it better than 4th one

I chose 2 cause it just feels most chill
    but id replace news with pack icons cause idk. it was nice to see it all in one place

some things i do like in new version are
    1. good old blue bg
    white makes me sad and uninspired
    blue reminds me of good times when game was awesome
    2. disappearance of cutesy pastelly characters
    idk id rather prefer grimmy or cowplant or sims escape fire like that feels more "sims" to me than the cutesy characters
    3. disappearance of annoying trailer cubes
    no words they just annoyed me looking ugly
    4. play button is on the right
    cause right handness gene tells me thats right
    5. options button is easier place
    in case your monitor would fail sizing properly thats handy

but still... too much info

I'm not here to read I'm here to play
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited December 2020
    I like the new one because it is more organized and all the news is pretty much on the main page which works for me although, I will miss the dancing llama and freezer bunny because they tended to show me how bad the game was running by the speed they were jumping so I could fix the rate of the cpu usage the game was using. That's about it.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited December 2020
    I haven't updated yet, but I like the way the newest one looks. The screen feels full and complete.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Can't say I'm in love with the new menu, but I don't think it's bad either.

I picked 3 because I enjoy a nice clean UI, and something that isn't so "in your face" etc. I've always loved how they included the latest render with each new expansion or game pack, it was nice to be able to admire them. Guess we won't be seeing those anymore, which is a shame.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    No doubt an unpopular opinion, but I really liked the one we just had. I'll miss the pack portraits and the happy llamacorn and freezer bunny.

The 4th layout seems more well organized to me. And the 4th layout shows which packs you have and which packs you don't have, which is an interesting feature that I like. That's my opinion, though.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    I downloaded the 3rd one back when they change it to 4. Much nicer.

Didn't even realise they added a new one but I am very glad I turned updates off because that is honestly hideous in my opinion. It looks like Club Penguin and not in a good way, more in a "this was designed in 2005" way. Something about the gradient just irks me.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Whoaaa when did the last pic happen? I’ve never seen it before.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The new one is ok, but the fonts in the left upper corner look as if the page hadn't properly loaded.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Whoaaa when did the last pic happen? I’ve never seen it before.

Today, new patch
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    I like that the new one is not constantly reminding me I'm poor and don't own all the packs.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    I don't look at the main menu long enough to really care, but picked something :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I voted for the 4th one, but I actually meant to vote for the 3rd. D'oh!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    My order of preferences: 2, 1, 3, 5, 4.

4 just seemed like advertising. 5 is very cluttered. I don’t like 5 very much at all because there is no white space. But I do like the fun links on 5.

2 is most appealing to me graphically. Nicely balanced color and white space. It makes it seem like there are lots of fun things to explore, but without being shouted at. 1 is also appealing visually, but seems a little lonely. I like the large center picture in 3, but I don’t like the pack advertising.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    hmm, i'd pick the second one if it didn't have those ads below.
    but i'd also pick the last one if instead of having those ads, it had a sims render.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    I like number 2 but number 3 is also nice with the "load game" button where you can see your various saves. But that's only cuz they didn't think to do that feature when 2 came out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    While I like the new one ( NO MORE PACK ADVERTISING FORCED IN FRONT YEHEEEEEYYYY XD XD) I still miss the Second one. That is A main menu. The last two are a website. we already have thesims.com for that
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited December 2020
    First it was too bare. (It did not really feel organized, either, but not really much to organize back then.)

The second was a decent upgrade compared to the first menu, with extras added, but I like the pack icons of the next upgrade and it still feels a little bare.

Third is my favorite, with the needed bare minimum info and the colorful pack icons. There was a lot of white, but nothing was overwhelmingly monotone like the later menus. Plus it still has the pack showcase images.

Fourth took away the color for me. (I know it was a pack decision, too, but it was debuted with the new menu to represent a "refreshed" Sims 4.) Light or dark blue, it was all too monotone for me. The llama and freezer bunny were cute, and it still had the showcase images, but the trade off of color for flavor did not sit well with me. The 4th with more colors would have won me over hands down.

The fifth... Might honestly be my least favorite of them all. I hate it. It is way too busy, the icons are not showcased anymore and you have to go to a second screen to see your packs, and the pack showcase images are gone. I was one of the people wondering why we did not get one with SE, but now we know why: they were getting rid of them. It looks like a website with articles and ads instead of a main menu screen.

At least it theoretically cannot get much worse when they redo it again...