This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Is Snowy Escape worth it?

Hi all,

I like some of Snowy Escape's features but am nervous about getting it and installing the new update because of the number of people who have complained about lag and crashing since it came out.

I recently got a new graphics card and have a powerful PC. However, I also have lots of mods and CC. I don't want to have to deal with immense lag if this is what Snowy Escape will bring.

Are a lot of you experiencing issues?

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    I have no issues. I'm having fun with it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    No idea what to tell you. I don't understand what causes some people issues and others none. I have a powerful pc too. 30thousand peices of cc and some mods. I never even had lag or crashing in this game. 🤷‍♀️
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    u.u I'm having a wired glitch with food vendors only have fruit/veggies when supposed to be crapes or sushi. hopefully, update fix this cause I bought the game my sims live on Japanese world. at least, my sims can make ramens or rice ball at home but got boring at home.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    I don't have lag. The only issue I've noticed so far is random townies walking through my sim's house every so often.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've experienced no lag as a result of the pack, and the crashing was fixed like 3 weeks ago so that shouldn't be anything to worry about. As for the question of "Is it worth it" the pack isn't worth 40 dollars in my opinion
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    It's one of the better and more unique packs. The prebuilt homes are interesting and we already have the trailer sims available on the Maxis gallery to help populate your new world. The Proper trait offers some brand new interactions which are really nicely animated.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,378 Member
    I had crashing as a consequence of the initial Snowy Escape patch, but it was fixed for me in the hotfix patch on Nov. 17th.

Since then, I've had no worse lag than I had before the patch, and if anything, I've had fewer issues since actually installing Snowy Escape than I did between the 17th and when I installed it on the 29th.

Gameplay-wise, I find it keeps my interest than Island Living, which also has key gameplay features tied to the world, but that may be because it's new. It also does a better job (imo) of conveying a sense of culture than Island Living does, though not to the extent that Jungle Adventure does.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    I love it as a vacation destination.
    I put in a restaurant, a spa, edited the lounge, ice skating rink, and added a bunch of sims to the area.
    With that and skiing, hiking, and mountain climbing, I am enjoying sending my sims there. I have an idea for what I want to put on the summit of Mount Komorebi. I hope it turns out like I imagine it.

I am not having issues with lag or crashing.
    Despite all this, it does still feel like a game pack, since it feels like it covers some existing pack features.
    I wish the world had one more district. All the new worlds are too small.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don’t have it yet but from what I can see on YouTube it is worth 50% off.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,591 Member
    edited December 2020
    Gawd. Double post again. :s
    Post edited by LiELF on
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,591 Member
    So, the theme isn't something I cared much about to begin with, and I felt pretty neutral about it. But I do tend to make the best of a pack for my own gameplay, so I got it in release day.

Any real issues I had were due to Origin and Windows, not the game itself. Once I checked my firewall and cleared Origin cache and updated, my game ran super smooth. I play with a pc above minimum specs.

There will be some bugs, they come with every pack. Sims games in particular have potential to get buggier the more DLC you add. But I haven't found anything game breaking, just little annoyances.

As for gameplay being worth it, I've had two households go on vacation for three days each and still have not come close to having maxed out any sports skills or seen everything. The hiking has many paths in different areas to be explored, much more than I thought. I have seen two of the festivals (meh, but nice for neighborhood liveliness) played around on the Bunny Slope, only used the large slopes once and couldn't go mountain climbing because my Sims need skills, so that whole area needs to be explored. The hot springs fit a lot of Sims and I like them more than I expected for something so similar to hot tubs. I actually like them a lot better. I still don't really have the hang of lifestyles yet, they are something that takes a while to build up. The hot pot and low table are actually really nice and Sims use it pretty well, with only a little bit of musical chairs (in my experience). The general simulation of the activities is good and fun for screenshots, with new entertaining animations.

This pack feels like a proper expansion to me and has potential longevity because it takes time to complete the activities, as it should. I will add that I play many different households and when I get a new pack I incorporate it into my gameplay as normal, I don't try to rush through it with cheats to see everything. That's how I can tell if something holds its value in my gameplay. I would say it's worth it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    The pack is good rec just wait till bugs are fix the game has quite a few so is worth it but everything else meh.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    asa144 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I like some of Snowy Escape's features but am nervous about getting it and installing the new update because of the number of people who have complained about lag and crashing since it came out.

I recently got a new graphics card and have a powerful PC. However, I also have lots of mods and CC. I don't want to have to deal with immense lag if this is what Snowy Escape will bring.

Are a lot of you experiencing issues?

No crashing issues so far however there are some bugs one of which is sims teleport out of the hotsprings after doing romantic interactions like making out. This happens at the premade onsen lot. I haven't tested these hottubs in other locations yet.The patch makes the game crash not this pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    The hot springs are just in ground hottubs you can place anywhere and this pack finally offers in ground hottubs.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    It’s one of my favourite Sims 4 expansions. The crashing seems to be selective about who has it happening after the hotfix patch.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,215 Member
    I would say wait until it’s on sale it’s a good pack I just think it’s not worth full price.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    It's a good pack, but not a great pack. It feels more like a game pack, and is worth buying at 50 percent off, but at full price it feels overpriced. My game seems to have a bit more bugs after installing, but nothing game breaking so far.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I have to admit that this EP isn't bad at all. However, I feel a real opportunity was missed by not including snowmobiles. Riding my bike on snow isn't exactly my idea of a good time...especially when on vacation and going to the slopes. Just MHO of course.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I like it, it is no better or worse then other changing packs. It provide variation to the game and ad content, so it is a good pack.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,406 Member
    Love the pack! I would say buy it, it gives us a beautiful new world with many, many things for sims to do, especially on vacation. I would recommend it, probably because I don't have any problems with crashing or lagging. Love the slopes!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I might buy it when it goes on sale just for the skiing aspect of it. Not much for the Sims to do as it is .
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 591 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I wish the world had one more district. All the new worlds are too small.

This! I just wish it was bigger! But I love the japanese vibe and decor!

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 905 Member
    I love the world, but agree with others that it needs at least one more district. I love the skiing, snowboarding and mountain climbing. I also love the hiking, which I didn't think I would. I bought it on day one and think it was completely worth the price for me. I haven't completely explored any of the pack so far, but I am using it as a destination world for vacations or just going on the weekend when my Sims are off work. That is how I play, I incorporate every new pack into my current game, rather than treat them as stand alone adventures, so I normally explore the features more slowly than some I guess. I am loving it and do feel it is one of the better expansion packs.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes! I love it! I haven't had any glitches so far and not sure when this happened but they fixed the movie thing (it not ending), so that's nice. This pack actually peaked my interest to play the game again.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg