Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Split family - Split funds

Is there a way to control the amount of money a sim takes out/in when merging or splitting families

Alternativly: can the household be set to a certain amount: Like if i want exactly 5234.
In my story I need to split/merge but I can not do without the funds changing - very annoying.
My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2020
    If not averse to using mods, the funds split function is handled by NRaas Mover. Also MasterController can be used to set individual households' family funds to where you think they should be if that doesn't happen automatically by adding and subtracting (use a negative amount) by way of its Family Funds command or setting up a funds transfer between households (MC Cheats module required).
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Also, you can use the familyfunds name amount cheat with testingcheatsenabled true. So, after the sim moves out to whereever you want them to move out, you simply adjust the family funds; ie. familyfunds Jones 20000 OR you can "kick out" the sim and then edit town to move in the sims, using "free realestate" if you like to move them into which ever home you want them to have. One thing to keep in mind is that if two families have the same last name, then familyfunds might alter the funds of the other family.
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    @igazor - thanks so much for taking time to help

@ciane - Thanks so much - used your "familyfunds cheat" - worked like a charm - my sims lost aprox 40.000 and that was exactly what they got from "mysterious" income. Very good cos i dont want them to get income from anything that the did not have to work for, now i can just remove it - if they dont deserve it.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin