Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ACCIO! Harry Potter Expansion Pack

I want a Harry Potter Expansion Pack. They gave us a Star Wars pack which, I suppose, someone wanted, but I think there are many who would like a HP EP. Not a stuff pack or a game pack but a full on expansion pack. It would need to be big to accommodate all the objects and game play plus a world for just HP sims and builds. I've made a few HP builds and characters but without the game play to back it up, it falls short. Children would need to be able to learn and preform simple spells. Also, we would need some sort of SCHOOL pack so the children and professors would show up at Hogwarts.

We already have some magic, so adding on to it would be possible. Weird plants, weird stairs, weird creatures. We have a Yoda costume which could be changed into a goblin costume. The professors could be like the magic sages that live at Hogwarts and are there to teach our sims magic.

I realize some things might be beyond the realm of possibilities like the Weasley's flying car or the Whomping Willow, but there is still so much that could be done and provide a lot of game play.

Who's with me? Anyone else up for a Harry Potter Expansion Pack?

And I must have this door........
50680803772_23ceafd7a1_c.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Yes!!!!!!! Please
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Not I.... that would not interest me in the least, I've never even watched the movies.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    A stuff pack with the magical moving pictures & objects from Harry Potter would be nice. Also, a classic Bewitched & Original Charmed packs would be very cool.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    A stuff pack with the magical moving pictures & objects from Harry Potter would be nice. Also, a classic Bewitched & Original Charmed packs would be very cool.

@SERVERFRA Big Bewitched fan too. Have you ever noticed that all the female witches names end with the letter A? Samantha, Serena, Endora, Tabitha, Esmeralda, Aunt Clara, Aunt Hagatha, Aunt Enchantra, etc.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I'd like HP content. Maybe not an EP though. I built 12, Grimmauld Place in my game, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Crookshanks are living there. I also modified the magic Headquarters to make it look more "Hogwartsy". I think Realm of Magic was a missed opportunity, it could have been much better.
    I made the Charmed ones and the Halliwell Manor as well.
  • Options
    I know, it's so weird.
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I literally was just saying we need less "specific packs" simply because I am not a fan of star wars.... HOWEVER I would LOVE a harry potter EP!!! Riding brooms, going to hogwarts, maybe even a whole new world full of wizards. I fear it may not happen with the backlash JK Rowling has been getting for her political stance..... but I would still totally buy it
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I literally was just saying we need less "specific packs" simply because I am not a fan of star wars.... HOWEVER I would LOVE a harry potter EP!!! Riding brooms, going to hogwarts, maybe even a whole new world full of wizards. I fear it may not happen with the backlash JK Rowling has been getting for her political stance..... but I would still totally buy it

I agree. It could give us simple magic for kids to learn, a school system, broom races, possibly dragons (I'd rather have one big fire breathing dragon that's part of a challenge for Harry, like the Gringotts escape, than tiny little ones that are just bizarre familiars) and the club system could be updated for Houses in Hogwarts.

JK has had some backlash. It's funny how the people who claim to love everyone always are the first to attack when you disagree with them. I try to stay out of political discussions. Let's just play the Sims while we still can.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I say nah

as much as I like hp I don't want hp pack especially not expansion pack

I could vibe with stuff pack worth of fun items but I'd rather have my occult play not tied to any specific story

well maybe that is also because it would probably turn into total gryffindor fest and ignore other houses existing just like hp does

and as Slytherin I've always found it rather riddikulus
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited December 2020
    I've always wanted a Hogwarts Expansion Pack with active classes from herbology, potions, spells to astronomy etc... quidditch, plants, fantastic beast and a playable Hogwarts, but I think it'll never happen. First because the community didn't handle well the addition of SW to Sims 4 and secondly because EA doesn't own the rights for wizarding world games (luckily).
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

@SERVERFRA Big Bewitched fan too. Have you ever noticed that all the female witches names end with the letter A? Samantha, Serena, Endora, Tabitha, Esmeralda, Aunt Clara, Aunt Hagatha, Aunt Enchantra, etc.

@Dannydanbo as well as all the Goth ladys (besides Gretle, I think). Cassandra, Bella, Cornelia, Lolita, etc
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I say nah

as much as I like hp I don't want hp pack especially not expansion pack

I could vibe with stuff pack worth of fun items but I'd rather have my occult play not tied to any specific story

well maybe that is also because it would probably turn into total gryffindor fest and ignore other houses existing just like hp does

and as Slytherin I've always found it rather riddikulus

Same.
    I'm a huge potterhead, but I don't like the idea of having other universes in the Sims.
    But most of all, I'm just sure it won't be good enough for my nerdy taste. Not enough lore, stupid pointless “missions” like on Batuu, Landgraabs ruining my immersion. No thank you.
    If it was a separate life simulator about having a family somewhere in magical Britain, attending Hogwarts, finding a job or running a business in Diagon Alley, etc. — then YES. But it has to be a huge game, an expansion pack is definitely not enough.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    If and only if I can deconstruct the world and get rid of any trace that it was a "Harry Potter pack." I'm sure I can use the resources, But I don't care for the Lore of Harry Potter. I have my own original lore on how magic works, I just don't want Someone else's lore to overshadow mine.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited December 2020
    Ehhh I wouldnt support it all that much. Im a Potterhead as well, but Im not going to be first in line for a HP pack on sheer principle.

There will be backlash. ALOT OF IT. EA/Maxis would have to obtain the rights from Rowling and she'll want to be paid. That's fair, but for obvious reasons Rowling has gained alot of criticism and there are many many many folks who are not going to be happy that she's getting direct support from EA/Maxis.

The game needs to stand on it own two feet without bringing in other franchises. The whole point is that we create our own stories, our own lore and not have someone else come in with an already established universe that you may or may not know alot about. I honestly felt alienated with JtB. I dont know alot about the SW universe and Im not about to start now. And since everything in there had to do with SW, there really wasnt anything that I could integrate with my own gameplay. Had they come up with a more general sci-fi pack, then I would have been more supportive of it. Still not buying it.

Realm of Magic fits the bill for a HP pack if you ask me. Yeah its not perfect (WHY CANT KIDS DO MAGIC?!) but it stands well enough on its own and you dont need to be part of a specific fandom to really appreciate it.
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Not my thing. Ten, or even five years ago? Bring it on! But now? Nah, J. K. Rowling is rich enough and does not deserve more publicity. Besides, considering all the restrictions Journey to Batuu had, who knows what else they would forbid our sims from doing to fit their view.
  • Options
    Dancergal123Dancergal123 Posts: 9 New Member
    YESS SO MUCH YES!!!!!!!!
    There is so much potential for a Harry Potter EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It could include features such as:
    -Classes in transfiguration, spells and charms, defense against the dark arts, potions, and flying lessons
    -Have a section of the world be for hogwarts, a section for hogsmead, and a section for diagon alley
    -Go to ollivanders and pick out the perfect wand
    -Go on quests to uncover the secrets of Hogwarts
    -Play on the Quidditch team
    -Own magical pets
    -Interact with famous characters such as Dumbledore, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Snape, Voldomort, Hagrid, McGonagle and more
  • Options
    That would be cool. B)
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I would literally throw my money at them! The problem is though, it would have the potential to be very disappointing if they didn't include things that you were expecting, and the gameplay wasn't as rich as you imagined.

On paper though, if they did it right, bring it on!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2021
    Several players have made a Harry Potter map, it looks pretty cool. I think Simproved is posting the builds on the gallery too.

gYxTExM.png