March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight December 4 - A week on The Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

Well, looking at the calendar, I don't know where time has gone - it is December already and we are in the last few weeks of this year! Can you believe it? :hushed:
To me, December always means a movie marathon of a franchise surrounding a certain famous wizard. 🧙‍♂️ :smiley: Do you have any December or end-of-year 'rituals' that you like to do?

44po5n8j360r.png
Even though it's December now, let's reminisce about autumn for a moment with this beautiful screenshot by @HopeyStarr that you can find here

Alrighty, these are today's highlights:
... and those were our Friday Highlights for this week! I hope you enjoyed them! :) As I say every week, if you have any recommendations for next week's Highlights thread, please let me know!

Have a great weekend - stay safe and creative! :heart:

- Leeloo

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Thanks for the shout out!

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is making hand made ornaments for my family and friends. This year I am making them out of recycled Christmas cards
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,274 Member
    Oh wow! Never been mentioned on one of these before. :smiley: Thank you!

Have a great weekend and happy simming. :heart:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    @HopeyStarr , an excellent screenshot!

I finished building a house, an unusual looking house. I knew I shouldn't have trusted Carl's building tutorial. None of the NPC's have noticed the difference in architecture, but I'm sure they'd be really polite if they did.

12-06-20-8-01-56-PM.png
    1. Downloaded a chess game because I was jealous of my sims.
    2. Learning modern symbolic logic because I can't let my sims get any advantage over me. (Probably equates to book 2 -- the one after The Reason for Reason.)
    3. Beefing up on my knowledge of finite state machines because I want my sims to understand their place, just in case they start undermining me.
    4. Hoping Leeloo will tell me which one is the famous wizard. Started watching Queen's Gambit on Netflix, and that wizard is probably the cutest one I ever saw.

“But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @EA_Leeloo Are you aware that J. K. Rowling is a transphobe?
    edited December 2020
    @Simtown15 , the other posters aren't allowed to know about highly important things. I already tested this. Rowling wrote Albus Dumbledore as a homosexually oriented character, and he was supposedly the most powerful good character in the whole story. He was neither homocidal nor a nosos-fur-atu, and he was good with kids.

Edit: My Ecosia search defines nosos as the Greek word meaning "sickness" or "plague," slightly different from the Greek word nostos, which means "homeward."
    “But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)

@permanentrose You are very welcome! And what a wonderful tradition that is! It must be a lot of fun making ornaments for your friends and family. What a thoughtful gift! :heart:

@HopeyStarr I guess it was about time that you'd be mentioned. ;) It was such a lovely screenshot, how could I not feature it?!

@Experitculus That is a really charming-looking house! I like it when builds have a bit of quirkiness to them. I think that makes them unique. :smiley:

@Simtown15 I certainly don't disregard the more than controversial statements but I am still able to enjoy a series that has given me many wonderful memories growing up.
    Anyway, this kind of conversation has gone off-topic and is not particularly appropriate for this forum. So, let's leave it at that now. :)
  • HotHeadedSimmer12HotHeadedSimmer12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have recently downloaded the newest skin tone update, and I have had a lot of problems, I solved them all, accepted for this one. Its really on my mind, I Love to post on the gallery, But every single thing that appears on the gallery is an orange X. Even my posts! please help. I've tryed basically every way, Where am I even posting this? I'm only new to this formus.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,225 Member
    I have recently downloaded the newest skin tone update, and I have had a lot of problems, I solved them all, accepted for this one. Its really on my mind, I Love to post on the gallery, But every single thing that appears on the gallery is an orange X. Even my posts! please help. I've tryed basically every way, Where am I even posting this? I'm only new to this formus.

@HotHeadedSimmer12, it would be best to post your issue over on the AHQ site as that is where EA wants any issues with the game posted at... :)https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    @EA_Leeloo , thanks! I like it when builds are worse than mine and require my council for improvement to become more like mine. On that train of thought, maybe I should apply at EA so I can help them make their houses look desirably quirky, just like mine. <3
  • Momma_Bear0705Momma_Bear0705 Posts: 28 Member
    This December I intend to watch documentary series on Amazon prime, a lot of builds for the sims 4 and...Honestly...December to me...means love...kindness..people being friendly,being helpful, having this christmas spirit... I wish that it could go all year long..
    I dont have like... "rituals".. I do however bake gingerbread cookies, chocolate cakes with melted chocolate on top...I sometimes make crafts for christmas... (mostly for my daughter) Simple things.. :D