Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement gifts from the Sims Store?

emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 48 Member
Are the computer and hot tub no longer available from the Sims store for download as achievement gifts? I was given a message that I received an achievement gift for posting 10 or 15 memories and there wasn't anything new available for download in my purchase history. I was able to download the bookshelf and home range grill as achievement gifts but couldn't not find the computer or hot tub. I haven't unlocked the hot tub yet but that's what I really want. Does anyone know if there's any way to get these gifts still?
Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=embuggy

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2020
    the direct code is: sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:35753

Just copy and paste that into your url window at the top. It will open your launcher and automatically download the item.

Just change the 3 at the end to 2 for the computer.

EDIT: Deleted extra "o" in download, which does NOT have three o's!
    Post edited by ciane on
  • emilyofspielburgemilyofspielburg Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you for posting the link. I tried using the link from the free stuff page too and it still gave an error. Maybe they were discontinued by the store and are no longer available.
    Formerly The Master Thief of Riverview, currently a ghost. Beloved wife of world renowned surgeon Dr. Jebediah Wilson, mother to Caroline and Brady. My descendants know how to creep because of me. | Trash to Treasure Gameplay

When I put the link in my url window, my launcher opened to immediately download it. If you own an item, you can always use that format to download. It should give you a message only if you don't own the item. I like using the direct links, because my purchase history is so glitched that I rarely can get it open and then keep it open long enough to search for something - too much items gifted back and forth!

Try the link again without your game opened and without your launcher open and see if it works if you give it a little time to respond.

Of course, I'm still on the old patch with out the tie to Origin; so there might be some disconnect on the new patch OR you could be right and somehow that link no longer works, and it just appeared to work for me because I didn't want to install what I had already installed (and I closed the launcher early).
    Hmmm...maybe it lets you download it because you already previously owned it? I just earned the achievement badge (share 25 memories) for the hot tub and have a message from the store that I received the gift but the hot tub and computer don't show up in my store purchase history.

@emilyofspielburg -

If you have the message that you received the gift, then that method I mentioned should work for you.
    Without your game or the launcher open, you can open a new tab by clicking the + at the very top of the screen.
    Copy and paste this into the url spot at the top of that new tab:
    sims3://download/?ofbId=OFB-SIM3:35753

You will either get a message saying that you do not own it OR it will automatically download and install the hot tub.

NOTE: I had typo'd the link earlier with an extra O in download, so please try again.

Then just type a 2 over the last 3 in the link to get the computer.
    @ciane, I tried again but it's still not working. I think it's just not available for download anymore. I got the bookshelf and grill, would have loved the hot tub, but doesn't seem like it was meant to be. Thanks for offering suggestions! :)

So sorry it's not working for you. It's a shame that, over time, things are no longer available. Still, I'm very glad you could get the grill and bookshelf!