Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 11 coming SOON ?

TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
Hi guys. How are u all doing ? We've just got Snowy Escape but it looks like another EP is on its way. EA careers website got updated with 2 new job positions looking for Voice Editors to help ship the upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4! The Voice editor(s) will be working in a 3 months term to help EA release the EP. If i have to predict, i would say that EP 11 will release either March or April since voice editing is the last step in the development of an EP. What do you guys think :) ?

3wyjmiH.png

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    What I think is you need to play the game and see it's a hot mess. If they don't address the issues and keep adding problems this game will soon become unplayable. We don't need another pack at this point. We need serious patches.
  • Options
    What I think is you need to play the game and see it's a hot mess. If they don't address the issues and keep adding problems this game will soon become unplayable. We don't need another pack at this point. We need serious patches.

Yup! I have performance problems since the last update. My game starts crashing randomly here and there and i cant play it for more than 2-3 hours cause my pc needs a break. Hope we get a good patch soon!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Even though I have enough to keep me entertained this is still exciting! What do you think it could be next?
    I'm sorry to all the people having issues. And I'm genuinely curious what the cause is because I have 0 issues as always. I played for about 5 hours yesterday. Left it for some hours still running then came back to it later. Just smooth gameplay all around. 🤔
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Just bring back The Sims 1 music again 😂
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If they had any sense they would take this game and put it in the bin.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited December 2020
    It makes me wonder if that Expansion Pack will involve more different voices than usual. Maybe it will have accents or more singing.

Or maybe they just need more people.
  • Options
    dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
    edited December 2020
    A music band pack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQc1Bp9tUSo

That would be awesome! To be honest, the only thing I can do with my Sims is to create a music bend, which I already did, and now I just need a music band pack, which should include: electric rock guitar, bass guitar, set of drums, flute, strings, and sitar would be awesome to have, then lead vocals and backing vocals, alongside with lead instrumentals and backing instrumentals.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    All this tells me is that there will be an expansion next year.... XD I am curious tho about why they needed more editors for this pack, maybe this one will add more voice work than usual or something.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    This may be for the summer EP which is currently in production.
    I need proper Bands & Musical Ensembles in my sims. I hope that’s what it’s for. I really do. I do really. Wouldn’t that be nice? It would.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    Most the time nowadays they release EPs every 6 months so it fits the timeframe.

It'll probably take about 1 month to hire someone so that takes us to January, 3 months of work so that's April, pack announcement a month later in May and then release a month later in June/July.

Both 2019 and 2020 have had 1 EP in June and 1 in November so looks like we'll be getting the same next year.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I wonder in which TS4 EP they had dazzling minds and were dreaming big.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I hope it's a generations pack.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Maybe voice actors for all those farm animals sounds! Yay!
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2020
    Nowhere on what the OP is showing does it say the job starts immediately or in 9 months from now once the position is filled.

I'm almost certain EA have this thing down to a science now and probably have content in the pipeline for the 6 to 9 months at minimum and ideas going forward for another year or two beyond that. It's just about their internal deadlines and how much Covid-19 has disrupted that to delay and push some of it back.

It's very likely that whoever gets the job may not be able to start until the new year. So it might be that this bit of news could be the next content pack that comes and the end of next year rather than spring or summer.
  • Options
    Back in March, a similar listing appeared for the 9th EP for ts4 and it got announced in May and released in June (Eco Lifestyle). That's why i think we might get EP 11 a bit earlier than usual (June) . No way this listing is for EP 12, its waaay to early for them to do the voice editing on it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    Hi guys. How are u all doing ? We've just got Snowy Escape but it looks like another EP is on its way. EA careers website got updated with 2 new job positions looking for Voice Editors to help ship the upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 4! The Voice editor(s) will be working in a 3 months term to help EA release the EP. If i have to predict, i would say that EP 11 will release either March or April since voice editing is the last step in the development of an EP. What do you guys think :) ?

3wyjmiH.png

They use the term Expansion Pack loosly. I think a Gamepack is the next big pack coming in Winter or Spring. We just got an Expansion Pack.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2020
    I don't think the next EP is coming soon. June, that is my best bet.

SP in January, most likely, and a GP after before the EP is my guess.

But on another note: Bands? I think a Generations EP is long overdue..
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I have a feeling this 'music' pack will receive backlash, if it's true and they add singing skill from city living in it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    IsariIsari Posts: 69 Member
    I'm not really excited. I'm realized updating the game is pretty troublesome, and I don't think we will get another EP soon, I think it will be GP. It's more likely.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I really just want the growing pains pack that was in the survey last year.

Growing Pains and Life Issues

Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up.
    Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

There was also a mention of bands in the survey

Bands

Go solo or build your supergroup, find your style, and perform your way from YouTube celebrities to sold-out stadiums.
    Feel the pressure and demands of keeping the band together, record company demands, and the needs of your adoring fans.

And here are the other options from the survey

Culinary Quest

Take on the role of a master chef.
    Find the best ingredients, create recipes, and keep that kitchen running through the dinner rush.

Fan Club Creator

Immerse your Sims in fandom.
    Create fan clubs, collect rare memorabilia, and express your love, drive a craze that could take over the town.

NPC Story Progression

Now your neighbors come to life.
    Sims outside of your household live their lives from birth, marriage, and death. Imagine the possibilities when the drama can start next door.

Shopping Malls

All your retail needs under one roof.
    Hang out, find deals, and discover that perfect outfit for the night ahead in a full retail experience, mall cop included.

Cheer

Immerse yourself in the world of cheerleading where the focus is king and distractions are dangerous. Keep the team together, build routines, and make sure to stick the landing.

Heists

Whether you’re an aspiring Debbie or Danny Ocean, build your team to seek out and recover the stolen artifacts to return them to their rightful owners. Can you execute the perfect plan, or will your team end up in the slammer?

Modern Love and Romance

From love at first sight to digital dating, discover a wide variety of relationship types for your Sims. Explore their desires, taste, and preference. Take them on a journey to discover what works for them.

American High Schools

Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships, and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.

I'm going to assume that whichever two or three won from this survey will become the next few packs depending on how many people took part in the survey and how divided each category was. For instance, if more than 60% voted for one of those then they may just make that option and scrape the rest but if 2 or three of them are around 40% or it's just really close they may make those two packs and scrape the rest. It's hard to tell with EA.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope it's Modern Love and Romance. That area in TS4 is lacking. Our sims still can't even slowdance.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @catloverplayer Me too. That, followed by Growing Pains. Bands, Fan Club Creator, Shopping Malls and American High School could be cool too.

I'm not really interested in Culinary Quest, Cheer or Heists, and I'm kind of on the fence about NPC Story Progression. On one hand, I like the customisation options that MCCC has. I don't know if the pack will let us do that, and I don't think they'd let us disable the main feature of the pack (because I'll probably want the CAS/BB stuff, ^^;). On the other hand, I've been watching Pleasant Sims' TS3 videos, and I like how the story progression lets unplayed Sims start dating or get engaged instead of just immediately getting married like with MCCC. I guess I'll just have to wait and see (if they decide to do it at all, that is.)

Wasn't Snowy Escape a survey option at one point? If so, one of these packs could be next!
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    @AyKooChao Snowy escape was in a survey in Jan or Feb of this year and this survey was in April. That's why I'm thinking that one of two of these will be the next couple of packs.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I really hope it’s a band expansion pack!

50430692606_2d7d30161b_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    We want a music pack with not just rock bands also pop bands like Backstreet Boys & Spice Girls