Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

help with platforms

I have watched different videos showing raised platforms inside a room, higher than just one step. I saw a staircase that used a platform as a base and I saw a raised platform to make a simulated bunk bed. In my game however, platforms won't raise. When I raise the platform it is raising the room foundation instead, and the platform stays one step high. I can place them outdoors and raise them however high I want them, then when I try to place it inside the room it converts back down to the one step height. I tried with move objects on and off, same thing each time. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance if anyone can help !!

Comments

• Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    Wonderful, thank you so much! :D
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    cleo224 wrote: »
    Wonderful, thank you so much! :D

Hey, took me a bit to figure that out too. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I searched the forum for "platform issues" but I never get good results from a search, I usually don't know the best wording for the issue. But I did see some inspirational builds that others have done, so not all was lost. These platforms are such a great addition to the game but it will take some getting used to for me.
  • Options
    I wasn't able to duplicate the bunkbeds but I was able to make platforms for various other things.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    The platform tool is so much fun! Just a small advise; when raise a larger area, say a full room or a half room, it's easier to click the floor and raise the floor that is already there, than to add a platform box. When raising the existing floor less stuff will need fixing afterwards, you will only need to remove (or replace) stuff on walls that is touching floor (like doors and low windows). When raising half the room, it's quick to add the extra wall and remove it after the floor was raised.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I couldn’t even find the platform tool in build and buy mode. That’s how bad I am at building. :D
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    @Sharonia - you go into build mode, onto the same page where you do your walls and decks etc.

I've circled the platform tools in red.

R1R9rkj.jpg

Oh thank you so much. It seems like an obvious place that I didn't look for them. :D
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    This is happening to me too. I cant raise the plattform more than one step, if i do it with the right arrow, the entire lot raises one step. I assumed it was a bug, like the other hundreds we already have. I also checked that the room wasnt connected with the other rooms forming a whole room, checked every single aspect of the room, of course tried with the other arrow options. Nah, i cant raise a plattform more than one step without messing up the entire lot.

People say plattforms are great, well one day i will understand what they mean, if the devs team fixes them.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I couldn’t even find the platform tool in build and buy mode. That’s how bad I am at building. :D

Lol, ive been playing for more than two years and i NEVER EVER used plattforms. But yeah, i found it after 1 minute searching in the build section.
  • Options

It doesnt work. If i use that arrow, the entire lot raises one step.