Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plain ol' Legacy (Rebooted)

LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
Hello friendly reader and Sims fans,

Have you ever wanted to play your Sims game without restricting yourself to rules? There are so many gameplay challenges to help Sims gamers to create fun stories. These are truly wonderful ways. But they soon can be repetitive in the end results.

I want to play my Sims game as it is. Create a single sim and follow them as they create their own legacy. They have their own wants and needs. Why not let them have it? I want to play the game where the gameplay tells the story, not tell a story and gameplay around it.

Plain ol’ Legacy is going to be exactly that. I’ll follow the founder and heir(s), and their family around and let them tell their story. Then I’ll share their experiences with you through commentary and a little fun.

I want to thank @Shadami, @CathyTea, and all those here on the official Sims forums for putting this idea in my head.

Are you ready to follow along in this Plain ol’ Legacy?

pol-reese.gif?w=375
Journey along with Founder Reese Duran as he becomes a City Native to San Myshuno. Reese explores what it's like to live in the city. He experiences the ups and downs living in an apartment. He makes friend and enemies. Reese learns new things.

1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30
Visit LegacySims.net!
pol-reese.gif
(Twitter Me: LSims2017)
Post edited by LegacySims2017 on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    1.01: Meet Our Founder ( http://legacysims.net/?p=5581 )
    Meet Levi Hayward and how I plan on progressing with his legacy.

levi_hayward.jpg?w=700
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Yay! I'm excited to get reading. Gonna have some breakfast and read while I eat.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Yay! I'm excited to get reading. Gonna have some breakfast and read while I eat.

A short intro to Levi. Fun begins next chapter. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    awesome trait rolls. :)
    I have a soft spot for artists and the cheerful trait. Excited to see where the wind blows Levi. (Or AI-gods)
  • Options
    awesome trait rolls. :)
    I have a soft spot for artists and the cheerful trait. Excited to see where the wind blows Levi. (Or AI-gods)

It will be nice to play the game and adventure into the traits without using them for actual story purposes, but rather....this is how the sim is and we get to see them use these traits autonomously.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    1.02: Acquaintances ( http://legacysims.net/?p=5595 )
    Levi talks about art to other new sims he meets.

inspired.jpg?w=700

Tags (commenters): @Shadami @mercuryfoam
    Tags (showed interest in legacy): @CathyTea @BlackUndecimber
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Good to know about that different profiles thing. Thank you ^-^
  • Options
    Good to know about that different profiles thing. Thank you ^-^

I haven’t used it myself yet, but it looks like a good tool.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    1.03: Paint Us A Picture ( http://legacysims.net/?p=5621 )
    Levi paints, paints, and paints.

aspiration_1_1_3.jpg?w=700

Tags (commenters): @Shadami @mercuryfoam
    Tags (showed interest in legacy): @CathyTea @BlackUndecimber
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Should you tag Deira too? She's doing the legacy thing as well ^^
  • Options
    Should you tag Deira too? She's doing the legacy thing as well ^^

I'll tag her in the next chapter. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    1.04: Peeping Sim ( http://legacysims.net/?p=5635 )
    I spy a peeping sim.

peeping_tom.jpg?w=700

Tags (showed interest in legacy): @CathyTea @BlackUndecimber @DeiraShadeweaver
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Nice start, Legacy. Ha. I said that in my head without realizing ... LegacySims. Plain ol' Legacy. :p

Levi Hayward... I'm almost positive I got that name on a bunch of random rolls in CAS. Didn't keep it but I saved the name Levi for my future Sims list. :)

It's nice to use pre-styled clothes and roll at random for things. I spend hours in CAS sometimes and then wonder where the day went. :# Eek!

Okay I'll check on the other chapters later. Just wanted to start and read a little before a late dinner.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Nice start, Legacy. Ha. I said that in my head without realizing ... LegacySims. Plain ol' Legacy. :p

Levi Hayward... I'm almost positive I got that name on a bunch of random rolls in CAS. Didn't keep it but I saved the name Levi for my future Sims list. :)

It's nice to use pre-styled clothes and roll at random for things. I spend hours in CAS sometimes and then wonder where the day went. :# Eek!

Okay I'll check on the other chapters later. Just wanted to start and read a little before a late dinner.

I tend to do the same when it comes to clothing my Sims. I'd start around noon and it'd be around 3:00pm or later and I'd be... wait, it's been 3 hrs already? :grimace:

You already know I like short chapters, so this will be an easy read for you to catch up on the 4 chapters. I'm excited with the comments already posted. I like when others share experiences they've had in their games with specific scenarios.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @LegacySims2017 - Ahhh...a new story to read. I will start reading this weekend. Please tag me on this as well. Thanks :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    So I added this to the list of new legacies on my blog! I'll be transferring it over to its own page at some point, an index of SimLit Renaissance.

I'll have a category for new legacies, one for continuing threads, and maybe a few others.

Now I need to figure out how to be able to comment and like posts on your blog...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    So I added this to the list of new legacies on my blog! I'll be transferring it over to its own page at some point, an index of SimLit Renaissance.

I'll have a category for new legacies, one for continuing threads, and maybe a few others.

Now I need to figure out how to be able to comment and like posts on your blog...

Glad you figured it was a browser issue and were able to comment over on my blog as well now. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    1.05: Humor & Hijinks ( http://legacysims.net/?p=5647 )
    To be funny or mischievous? That is the question.

pranksters_poison.jpg?w=700

Tags (showed interest in legacy): @BlackUndecimber @DeiraShadeweaver @AdamsEve1231 @SoulGal7
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Wheee! I'll be catching up on your writing later today!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @LegacySims2017
    It's fun to see Brent here as he appears in another friend of mine's @Skeilah's story. And he's a talented painter in that story.

You might like the story. It's a similar-ish style to this one where the narrator talks to her Sims. Your Plain ol' Legacy is giving me Ridley Residence vibes. @Skeilah's story is a challenge, but it's very laid back and easy/fun to read quick chapters. Also her Brent and Joseph Simself favor the same pajamas and shirtless look. 😆

Gemma is in my Crescent Moon Conspiracy, except I gave her a different name and a makeover. It always annoys me when teens look like mini adults in game. Personal preference. I busted up laughing when Minerva Charm sent that text about people not liking her and she and Levi should hang out. Minerva features in CMC too. Oh and the Sage of Mischief died??? I have L. (Elle) in my story a radical makeover. You've got a lot of Realm of Magic Sims running around. It's fun to see them pop up in yours.

Ahhh... baby Sims. As in Sims right outta CAS. They roll similar whims early on. Buy a bee box is maddening. A Sim of mine rolled that whim once and it wasn't even spring. I think it was winter. Haha. And search for vampire information. All those vampire traits. I think EA just put those in to get Sims to try new features.

Caught up. I really enjoyed this. Relaxing Saturday morning read.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017
    It's fun to see Brent here as he appears in another friend of mine's @Skeilah's story. And he's a talented painter in that story.

You might like the story. It's a similar-ish style to this one where the narrator talks to her Sims. Your Plain ol' Legacy is giving me Ridley Residence vibes. @Skeilah's story is a challenge, but it's very laid back and easy/fun to read quick chapters. Also her Brent and Joseph Simself favor the same pajamas and shirtless look. 😆

Gemma is in my Crescent Moon Conspiracy, except I gave her a different name and a makeover. It always annoys me when teens look like mini adults in game. Personal preference. I busted up laughing when Minerva Charm sent that text about people not liking her and she and Levi should hang out. Minerva features in CMC too. Oh and the Sage of Mischief died??? I have L. (Elle) in my story a radical makeover. You've got a lot of Realm of Magic Sims running around. It's fun to see them pop up in yours.

Ahhh... baby Sims. As in Sims right outta CAS. They roll similar whims early on. Buy a bee box is maddening. A Sim of mine rolled that whim once and it wasn't even spring. I think it was winter. Haha. And search for vampire information. All those vampire traits. I think EA just put those in to get Sims to try new features.

Caught up. I really enjoyed this. Relaxing Saturday morning read.
    I will definitely check out @Skeilah ’s SimLit. Thanks for the recommendation. Will see how Brent is in hers. As you read, Levi just texted him about his awful night. Brent has the goofball trait, so Levi should have invited him along.

Regarding L., I don’t know how or why she died. Maybe a prank gone wrong? I’m bummed it didn’t tell me. Even the winner was never announced between the pranksters and jokesters. It was a bad night for Levi. :grimace:

Glad you liked it. I started @Shadami ’s trend and will be posting a chapter a day to space things out. Game playing and writing is much faster than storytelling, so I am able to pull together chapters much faster.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    It's a nice trend for myself cause I don't have to stress if I have days/weeks I'm not writing when I have stuff lined up because of having a good writing day. I never thought of it as a trend haha.
  • Options
    It's a nice trend for myself cause I don't have to stress if I have days/weeks I'm not writing when I have stuff lined up because of having a good writing day. I never thought of it as a trend haha.

Trend setter! :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @LegacySims2017
    I kinda wish there were other vampires prowling the streets at night besides Vlad and Caleb... did he at least welcome Levi to the neighborhood or did he compliment his "lovely neck?" :tongue:

Is it ever not a scam with one of those phone calls? I'm not sure I've experienced a positive outcome.

Those silly moods taking too long to go away. I think I've always "cheated" them away with MCCC. :grimace: But I like that you're actually making it a bit of a challenge and waiting it out. Feels more realistic. I'm just impatient. :lol: I think it's even worse in my game because I have roburky's Emotional Inertia mod and certain moods last longer. But I wanted my Sims to actually mourn the death of a loved one for a longer time, and lengthen some other emotional reactions so use the mod.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest