Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nicknames

I wish it was possible to give sims a nickname like we have sentiments, but have a stage name or just a nickname. Instead of putting my sim's last name on the box of whatever when you create them. I gave my sim a nickname for her personality and how she looks. Her nickname is frostbite, because she's meaner than a vampire bite.

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2020
    I agree! I often give my sims nicknames and use them as first names in CAS if that is what they usually go by. My main sim is called Hal, which is short for Henry. He's a very old grand master vampire so it suits him. I also have another sim everyone calls Bunny, but his full name is actually Rhys Hutchison. It was a childhood nickname and he's been stuck with it ever since. It would be a really nice touch if we had the option to give our sims proper nicknames and perhaps also middle names and titles.
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    I agree! I often give my sims nicknames and use them as first names in CAS if that is what they usually go by. My main sim is called Hal, which is short for Henry. He's a very old grand master vampire so it suits him. I also have another sim everyone calls Bunny, but his full name is actually Rhys Hutchison. It was a childhood nickname and he's been stuck with it ever since. It would be a really nice touch if we had the option to give our sims proper nicknames and perhaps also middle names and titles.

I love that so much. A vampire named Hal and Bunny. I never really give them much details to live by. I wish we were able to give them more of a personality.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2020
    I think you can just change their name, though. No reason they can't have whatever you like them to go by, be their name. And you can change it as often as you like. @morganlefaye I agree, but as Sims4 is now, if you want them to have personality, it has to happen in your own head. I do that: project and ascribe to them what I see, because otherwise they are nothing but finger puppets, paper dolls, driven by moodlets. It's the greatest objection anyone who ever played other Sims has, to Sims4. That they are superficial and will all act the same if affected by the same stimuli.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    AliyaaiiAliyaaii Posts: 3 New Member
    > @annaliese39 said:
    > I agree! I often give my sims nicknames and use them as first names in CAS if that is what they usually go by. My main sim is called Hal, which is short for Henry. He's a very old grand master vampire so it suits him. I also have another sim everyone calls Bunny, but his full name is actually Rhys Hutchison. It was a childhood nickname and he's been stuck with it ever since. It would be a really nice touch if we had the option to give our sims proper nicknames and perhaps also middle names and titles.

Hi guys
    I completely agree! Giving our Sims nicknames adds a personal touch and makes them feel more unique. It would be wonderful to have the option to give them proper nicknames, middle names, and even titles.
  • Options
    Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    I wish it was possible to give sims a nickname like we have sentiments, but have a stage name or just a nickname. Instead of putting my sim's last name on the box of whatever when you create them. I gave my sim a nickname for her personality and how she looks. Her nickname is frostbite, because she's meaner than a vampire bite.

I wish nicknames was a thing as well. I'd love middle names to be introduced in to the game as well. They are only small things but would make a big positive difference to the game IMO.
  • Options
    Charlie_2023Charlie_2023 Posts: 22 Member
    > @"Princess of Da'varh" said:
    > I wish nicknames was a thing as well. I'd love middle names to be introduced in to the game as well. They are only small things but would make a big positive difference to the game IMO.

Exactly, is it not common in the us to have multiple names or something ?