Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disabling horses..

I'm trying to play a save with minimum lag in sunset valley and I don't see use of horses in sunset valley, I disabled them first time in population menu and started a new game..I still saw wild horses

I deleted the save and restarted the game with horses option off and started a new save, I still noticed wild horses randomly gathering at neighbors house

I thought it'd be like supernaturals that can be disabled once start a new save with them off..

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2020
    I think the ones you saw at a neighbor's house may have been pets that are part of the pet adoption thing rather than wild horses. If it was one adult horse and a couple foals, that would be the case. Also, in map view, you should see a marker on the lot where they are regarding pet adoption (can't think what it says exactly). I use nraas overwatch to turn off neighborhood pet adoptions, which stops that. I did always think disabling them like you did within the game worked, but I've had them turned on most of the time for quite a while, and so maybe I've missed/forgotten something. If it isn't working, you should be able to use nraas register mod to eliminate them.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    I think the ones you saw at a neighbor's house may have been pets that are part of the pet adoption thing rather than wild horses. If it was one adult horse and a couple foals, that would be the case. Also, in map view, you should see a marker on the lot where they are regarding pet adoption (can't think what it says exactly). I use nraas overwatch to turn off neighborhood pet adoptions, which stops that. I did always think disabling them like you did within the game worked, but I've had them turned on most of the time for quite a while, and so maybe I've missed/forgotten something. If it isn't working, you should be able to use nraas register mod to eliminate them.

Well when I hovered over the horses it said wild horses but maybe they were adopted I'm not sure cuz im not seeing them alot as if they were enabled..

Maybe like you said they're spawning because of pet adoption? But after adoption their names shouldn't be wild horses they should be renamed right? Cuz that means these wild horses I saw at neighbors house were actually wild horses randomly spawned..
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    You can switch off wild horses in NRaas Register.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You can switch off wild horses with NRaas Register, but you'll still get them sometimes - just not as much. I was told that the game does that and it's impossible to completely override it.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I haven't had that happen yet, but I can see that happen. Sometimes, the game manages to override some of my NRaas mod settings, particularly regarding the treatment of homeless sims, mostly in the short time the mods take to initialize when you start the game.