Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does it come in black?

I'm getting sick of the lame colour combos for our sims clothing.
Why can't we have the option of a black jacket/coat, with black, or dark grey worn under it? How about more layers of black?

Here's a selection of outfits that are frustrating me.

2337069b4c6ce30dc4ff8a6f93029532e2506f33.png

Outfit 1.
Nice coat, pity about the pockets, but why do the under layers have to be pale? A black coat needs black jeans, and black or dark grey upper garments, and maybe just a tiny splash of red or blue. Not all this pale stuff. Pale is skin, not clothing.

Outfit 2.
A nice black raincoat. Lovely. Why isn't it worn over more black? This blue will not do!

Outfit 3.
I need this cardigan in dark grey, with a black and grey horizontal striped top under it, and black pants... Leggings? Spray on jeans?

Outfit 4.
This is almost awesome. Get rid of the yellow on the pants, and replace the motif with a nice big skull.

Outfit 5.
Is this meant to be a sad sea captain outfit? Cos that's how it looks. Can it all be in black? Nautical goth-like?

I'd say that more than 90% of the outfits in the game are in terrible colour combos. And while I don't need my blacks to match, I just need my outfits to be in shades of black, or at least in combos that aren't so blegh.

Please share your own whines about the poorly but together outfits. I feel that our sims have been dressing in the dark.
AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    u.u Sadly is a lack of black clothes even woman clothes too much red or white and orange I hate the red in-game look cheap plastic toy of the '90s I love black never enough look cc or look for recolors for the packs.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yours are actually quite tame compared to many I've seen, garish colors, nothing harmonizes, and what seems like every accessory in CAS on one sim. Not only do our sims dress in the dark but I believe whoever came up with this stuff lives in the dark, never seeing what real people wear.

Most of your guys look like winter coats over warm weather outfits, so the issues you describe. EA really should provide for dark blue and dark grey, not just the light tones shown. Shoes/boots should be black in all 5 cases, that shade of brown throws everything else off. #$-the guy is not a clown, so agree no gold on the trousers or shirt. If that's supposed to medieval, then a heraldic device, not that mass of spaghetti. #5 - can see where you get the sea captain. Having spent many years in navy can verify that coat, trousers, and shoes all black. shirt white (sorry, but that's how it is). On the other hand, coat is almost always buttoned up so very little other than collar would be seen. For simming purposes black or dark blue or dark grey would work.

If you've not been to the 'Townie Fashion Police" thread go have a look. Wild stuff over there. Have seen similar on own sims when not controlling them or while making in CAS, so not confined to townies. I agree with you, it's a frustrating mess.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I agree so much. I like to dress my sims in more of a punk sometimes goth style and the lack of black clothing is annoying.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I almost always use black for my sims, I prefer darker tone clothing in RL myself, I don't care for happy, bright colored clothing in RL and I feel black can be worn for many styles. Casual with jeans, dressed up with with the right accessories, so yeah ... I feel ya.

This is why I download CC that has normal color combinations that make sense.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    This is so true. Yesterday I wanted my teen to wear all black but I had a hard time pulling off a gothic look. Turned him into a gothic E-boy because I couldn't get away from neon.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2021
    OP, a friendly suggestion? If you're on a PC, it might be easier to learn to recolor. It's not that hard, there a tutorials on YouTube and Gimp is free. The Sims series has always had a cheerful and bright sense of style that is frustrating if you have a Sim who would never dress that way.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    OP, a friendly suggestion? If you're on a PC, it might be easier to learn to recolor. It's not that hard, there a tutorials on YouTube and Gimp is free. The Sims series has always had a cheerful and bright sense of style that is frustrating if you have a Sim who would never dress that way.
    The sims has always included the Goths, and elements of Gothic fashion.
    Remember the trench coat in TS2?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    The thing that bothers me lately is that you can't dress your guys in black tails unless you buy an expansion (I think vampires?). The base game has tails, but they're in colors that would only be worn to the prom. The most common colors for tuxes and tails is black, so why isn't the most common color in the base game?

• ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    lets not mention that the colorful ones are all too bright.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    The sims has always included the Goths, and elements of Gothic fashion.
    Remember the trench coat in TS2?

Sorry for the late response, I missed this post.

I vaguely remember a trenchcoat, yes. If the darker clothes were assigned to mainly Gothic styles, that could be why I don't recall them well. If I wanted darker shades of clothing or furnishings that were more to my personal style, I turned to modders. The modding community had recolors of practically everything. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg