Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scottish Highlands Good Setting for Supernaturals?

124...Next

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With Happy Haunts Paranormal dropping soon, perhaps we should refocus the title from Scottish Highlands and haunting to Scottish Highlands and werewolves. The Scottish Highlands would be a great setting for a werewolf pack plus, now, you could make the castle haunted too. Imagine a vampire, keeping a wolf pack locked up in the catacombs of an old castle, only to be let out on nights with a full moon. Running through the hills and howling at the moon hanging low over the moors (and yes, there must be moors in a Scottish pack). Then, the sound of the Piper's bagpipes can be heard wafting o'er the moors and the wolves scurry back to their cages before changing back into human slaves of their lord and master vampire.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    My part Scottish side is so screaming for a Highlands & Lowlands in Sims 4.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With Happy Haunts Paranormal dropping soon, perhaps we should refocus the title from Scottish Highlands and haunting to Scottish Highlands and werewolves. The Scottish Highlands would be a great setting for a werewolf pack plus, now, you could make the castle haunted too. Imagine a vampire, keeping a wolf pack locked up in the catacombs of an old castle, only to be let out on nights with a full moon. Running through the hills and howling at the moon hanging low over the moors (and yes, there must be moors in a Scottish pack). Then, the sound of the Piper's bagpipes can be heard wafting o'er the moors and the wolves scurry back to their cages before changing back into human slaves of their lord and master vampire.

Considering that's the setting of one of my two absolute favorite Werewolf movies (Dog Soldiers) I'm all for it. (The other one is The Company of Wolves)

That and I'd love that sort of setting anyway. Add some Redcaps or other dark, unseelie fae types (from a separate pack, of course) and ... ah! *chef's kiss* I'll be in simming heaven.
    Well, they continue to say that they are listening. Now I guess we'll see if they HEAR us too.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I personally think think a Scottish world would make a better setting for faeries since their lore is very much Gaelic in origin (although if we get both a Scottish and Irish world, they could be Ireland) but it could defintely suit werewolves too. Like I'd totally support a Scottish themed world for werewolves too.

• SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited January 2021
    Meet Bonehilda's 2nd Cousin twice removed - Rattles McDufface. On a misty night he's heard playing haunting tunes on his magical bagpipe, and on a full moon you may stumble across him in the GRAVEYARD as he summons the dead ... well, the mostly dead...

If you befriend him, he'll teach you this magical tune and then you'll be able to bring forth a swarm of zombies on any night.

If you present him a gift of a DEATH FLOWER - he will teach you a tune on the bagpipes to calm the zombies, who'll want to return to their dank comfortable graves.

LKWEeya.jpg

Zombies and Scottish Highlands? - done! :Do:)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's hard to know when we'll get Werewolves. We can make a guess at how the programming will work with traits and powers with Vampires, Spellcasters and Fame, but there's still animations and a whole world to put together - and will we be also playing as a Wolf? It's one thing to have a wolf as a pet, but another to actually play as one.

Will they make the one we want most first? I mean if they make us wait we'll be more eager.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Scottish Highlands would be great. It’s a beautiful country full of folklore. Werewolves would fit in perfectly, such as the Fen wolf mythology. Maybe they could flesh out the “Gnomes” lot trait too to add visuals.

If this happened I hope they add a Loch Ness-like lake area where you have a chance of seeing it while fishing or swimming.

It’d be a nice excuse to reincorporate the teleporting phone boxes from Sims 3: Supernatural too! I know we have the debug realm of magic portals but they’re just so big.
    RySBI wrote: »
    Scottish Highlands would be great. It’s a beautiful country full of folklore. Werewolves would fit in perfectly, such as the Fen wolf mythology. Maybe they could flesh out the “Gnomes” lot trait too to add visuals.

If this happened I hope they add a Loch Ness-like lake area where you have a chance of seeing it while fishing or swimming.

It’d be a nice excuse to reincorporate the teleporting phone boxes from Sims 3: Supernatural too! I know we have the debug realm of magic portals but they’re just so big.

WHEN they add the Scottish Highlands world, along with the mountains and moors there should be a lake where the Sims 4 version of Nessie (Emily) can be spotted, hopefully a little easier and more often than in Windenburg.