Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Height Sliders

I have never played with height sliders before, but I often find myself annoyed that all sims teen - elder are essentially the same height. Very unrealistic. Do height sliders actually work in game, or does it mess with the animations of normal tasks? Any suggestions for the best height sliders?

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited November 2020
    The height slider I use works perfectly except for kissing animations, obviously. If you don't mind that, then here's mine:

https://modthesims.info/d/588159/height-slider.html

But beware, it automatically assigns height from the get go, I believe, so when you start a new save everyone will spawn with different heights.
    Post edited by Duvelina on
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    onlyabidoang has a video of a height mod and some examples of how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjZEFPsNU6Y&vl
    so basically the more you change the height, the more noticeable will be the glitching animations. the mod he's showcasing (it's the one i'm using as well) has many options for if you want to see a big or a slight difference.
    however once you put it in your game, your townies will get their height changed randomly but if you remove the mod they will turn the same height again (but anyways you can change their height on cas as well). there are a few other mod sliders out there like the luumia presets but i've never tried it, though probably there's a video about it on youtube. height sliders are quite fun if you like to take screenshots of sims posing (there are also some adapted poses out there for taller/shorter sims) or if you would prefer teens to be shorter, but if you get annoyed by the animations it won't be a great addition to your game
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm pretty sure I am using that one that @Duvelina linked. If you are the creator of that one, thank you. It's working incredibly well, so well that I'm surprised that Maxis does not have height sliders in game.
    Post edited by logion on
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    I use lumina height slider combined with the one linked in the second post. But I believe tired that one you have to scroll through the comments for the latest version updated? That one is from 2017.
    It's been a while I had this I'm not sure. I just remember getting the latest from comments.😅

However, I'm not a romance player and rarely have romance. Those are the most obvious interactions where the animations look really off because other than that it's not a lot of moments I can think of where sims are really touching to a point that the clipping and off animations are obvious. But it also depends on how high or low you go with the slider.

If you just want a bit of difference it's really not that noticable. I have gotten use to it and I barely notice. I LOVE height slider because I love the variety in shapes,sizes and heights. It makes them all feel different and unique. That's why I combine the two height sliders because I have tall sims, really tall sims, medium sims, average sims, short sims and really short sims.

Beware, the shorter you go the sims with not be visible on the little head icons of your sims lined up at the bottom of the screen. Or the tall ones head will go up where you cant see. But that's only if you go extreme.

One more tip I learned. Really tall or short sims will also start to sink into furniture or float above but preset body sims will not. So for example I had this really tall sim who was supposed to be a professional basketball ball player lol. But was so tall he would float over the chair. So I instead downloaded a preset tall height body. And applied it to him and used the height slider to go just a bit taller than the preset. No more floating or clipping issues and he sits fine in the chair.

Hope that wasn't confusing I tried to cover all aspects because it took me a while to learn how to work things the way I wanted but the results are satisfying. Love height slider.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Thank you everyone, this is definitely insightful! I guess it doesn't hurt to test it out and if I end up not liking it, then I can always remove it and they will all go back to normal :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    edited November 2020
    The best height slider is this one https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799&goto=lastpost#post5646929&

originally done by Sammy the Sim and updated by Ted. You will have to look through the comments section to find the Ted update. This slider works as a script. So it goes like this:

add_slider height 20
    add slider height -20

You can use any number between 0 to 100. 0 is the default height up to 100. Use the - sign to decrease the height down to 100. This is the only slider that works for children as well as the other ages.