Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How satisfied are you with Snowy Escape?

I may be able to finally get the pack in sale at 50% off. How satisfied are you with Snowy Escape?

How satisfied are you with Snowy Escape? 108 votes

Very satisfied (why?)
56%
Akl500PBluegaylebshag4lvNh6650Sara1010PGalacticGalIcewolfalan650111rudolphaJueJueCamkatAngel_mixTheSpotted_CIsb917babajayneelanorbretonDijktafonesimgirl1010FlashMarkerMoon_Willow 61 votes
Somehow satisfied (why?)
33%
CK213Kita5399MichelleWalexspoom13Colorist40AprilDawnAlrynnkeekee53taffy550TerryKasperKajiraRosemarcel21ashcrash19MirichataydevAPottsCynel1lenorcaEmo-usagi2187Evaliyn 36 votes
Not satisfied (why?)
10%
Bluebeard45szajkafreindlylolHarukotyansnoepjes1210OnverserSheepilingChazzzyddd994saphnaelizecson 11 votes

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2020
    Very satisfied (why?)
    I picked very just because I do not regret buying it even before the sale (no way to have known about it prior). Anyway, it is a Japanese, winter version of IL with some personality improvements attached. I wanted a winter and Asian themes and personality improvements. Hence, I cannot complain too much, even if there is plenty of other stuff that could have been added.

Anyway, I enjoy a lot of the little features. I think the BB is strong and the CAS decently so. However, if you do not like winter, it is a bit of a toss up. I also like playing with the lifestyles quite a bit, but I feel that feature needs a lot if expanding.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    It's a beautiful world and introduces a lot of new food and some new activities that I like watching sims perform. The Japanese styling is really well done and the snowy areas are really cool looking. The CAS is decent. The kotatsu table is really awesome and I love watching my sims sit around it and enjoying food and conversations. Still exploring Lifestyles but they're ok so far.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Somehow satisfied (why?)
    I would be lying if I said I was completely satisfied. I think things could of been done better...

The gondola ski lifts could of been way better. The fact they’re just a rubbish teleport is highly disappointing.
    The mountain climbing being a timed excursion is another disappointment. Let me play how a I want.
    Random school uniforms are horrible and I would rather not have them if I can’t choose which ones I want my sims to wear.
    The shoe removal animation makes me want to vomit.
    Lifestyles do nothing but make sims miserable. I’m failing to see a positive reason to having them turned on.
    Toddlers can’t sit at the Kotastu tables. Like why? It’s just a cushion on the floor.
    The lack of snow depth.
    Hiking is lovely but my sims don’t seem to be able to stop and do anything without cancelling the hike.
    The festivals are pretty but don’t seem to have much going on other than that.

Overall I enjoy the pack. It just has so many missed opportunities and flaws. I know I seem super negative but we all have our opinions and I just think it could of been better.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    edited November 2020
    Very satisfied (why?)
    I love that we have a new winter vacation world. I have snow off in my game and Mt. Komorebi allows me to experience snowy weather whenever I want. I don't plan on using any of the Japanese inspired items in my other worlds so it'll feel more authentic and fresh when my Sims go on vacation.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    Very satisfied (why?)
    I decided to use it as a vacation world because I'm just not a snow person in real life and looking at too much snow makes me bitter lol😆
    Even if I wanted to live in the non snow Japanese area the lots are not big enough for my playstyle.
    I have like huge castles and cities. However, I'm very satisfied with it. When my sims need a break from tropical sulani or city life they can have a super fun snow adventure with lots to do imo.
    I downloaded retail store mod free from rvsn or rsvn I think her name is on paetron. Which makes tons of stuff buyable including all the new ski/snow stuff which can hang on a wall too.
    I used it to make a retail ski shop.
    Also just finished building a luxury/rustic/cozy rental cabin on the 50x50 lot in the snow area, (took hours and hours 😆)where I will have two seperate families staying together because it was the last rental available. They will meet and become friends and from there go retail shopping together, hiking,skiing, sledding, festivals, explore the beauty of the world on bikes,take photoshoots and much more.
    I have Z0ero regrets.

As I normally like to play apocolyse storylines and most of my worlds looks like ruins, it's nice to have a change in a world that ACTUALLY makes you feel like you are on vacation.
    I know we have two other vacation worlds but they never really felt vacationy. Plus since we can't change rental lots there or live there it kills a lot of the creativity and things I want to do with them.
    I say go for it if you're thinking about buying!

I know a lot of people say once you go snowboarding or skiing a few times it's the same thing over and over but every sim activity you do over and over. Just like in real life. It's the combination of all the various activities you can do from each pack, plus your own storyline that makes it fun.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    Not satisfied (why?)
    This has been my no1 most wanted pack for a very long time and honestly I'm very disappointed with it. It's lacking in every way outside of build mode and CAS. Gameplay is just boring. There's zero lasting gameplay there, winter sports and hiking are about five minutes of fun before they get boring and other than that there is literally nothing else in the pack. Watching a premade animation of my sim going down a hill wasn't interesting the first time and it isn't the fifth time either. It's just not interesting, everything is incredibly surface level and there's no depth at all.

Sure you can send your sim on a vacation to the snow but you can literally already do that if you have seasons. Place a few ski chalets in Forgotten Hollow, Glimmerbrook or Granite Falls, make one a rental and send your sim to it in winter when it's snowy. You get the exact same experience and you save yourself the money.

The biggest summery of the pack I can give is that the other day I saw someone say it's fun if you use your imagination.
  • StarrySkyy87StarrySkyy87 Posts: 3 New Member
    Very satisfied (why?)
    Its a terrific pack, with very touching elements.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Somehow satisfied (why?)
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I would be lying if I said I was completely satisfied. I think things could of been done better...

The gondola ski lifts could of been way better. The fact they’re just a rubbish teleport is highly disappointing.
    The mountain climbing being a timed excursion is another disappointment. Let me play how a I want.
    Random school uniforms are horrible and I would rather not have them if I can’t choose which ones I want my sims to wear.
    The shoe removal animation makes me want to vomit.
    Lifestyles do nothing but make sims miserable. I’m failing to see a positive reason to having them turned on.
    Toddlers can’t sit at the Kotastu tables. Like why? It’s just a cushion on the floor.
    The lack of snow depth.
    Hiking is lovely but my sims don’t seem to be able to stop and do anything without cancelling the hike.
    The festivals are pretty but don’t seem to have much going on other than that.

Overall I enjoy the pack. It just has so many missed opportunities and flaws. I know I seem super negative but we all have our opinions and I just think it could of been better.
    Couldn't have said it any better than Sharonia did. I like the pack, and don’t regret buying it, but there were so many missed opportunities.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited November 2020
    Very satisfied (why?)
    It depends a lot on how many hours of fun you think you will get out of it and how much different you feel that the pack is from existing packs.

I do think it's one of their better expansion packs that they have made, snowboarding, skiing, rock climbing, hiking and the hot springs feels different enough for me, the climbing gear is a bit lame... it's just a pair of shoes and gloves, and climbing the mountain is not that exciting really, but the activities do offer some variety in how difficult they are and the rewards you unlock with them, you get new gear and you can get different buffs.

The lots are really good and I have enjoyed making sims in CAS with this pack and also playing with the premade families. Festivals don't offer too much in terms of gameplay but they do add more life to the world. Lifestyles are a mixed bag, they feel too punishing if you unlock them and don't follow them, you can remove them easily with an elixir though.

This pack is also much better if you have some older packs as well, like Fitness Stuff, Spa Day, and Seasons. If you don't have those then you might feel that there is less to do in this pack.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Very satisfied (why?)
    I love what they did with the fav of snowy vacation and oriental culture, which is what I voted for so I have no complaint about the theme or the snow activities. I love sending my sims on vacation to learn to ski and snowboard.

What I don't understand when someone says they are bored. I remember reading on the Sims 2 forums that people tend to "play packs" and when all the features have been explored, they wanted something new to play. I made me laugh, you could tell who the kids were. I play the whole game. Not all my sims love skiing, or love exploring the jungle, or going on a major fishing expedition to Granite Falls, or making a pilgrimage to Batuu to save the force with the resistance or even just going to the beach for an afternoon in the sun. This is how I play, I have to have fun with the sims or I won't ever play it again.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Very satisfied (why?)
    I'm really enjoying it so far, much moreso with kids that in a solo household. Hikes, family meals, sleeding, festival of youth... you name it, I love it.

Lifestyles are a big mess at the moment though, and I'm looking forward to the day they fix these.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Very satisfied (why?)
    I am really enjoying the pack so far, but have not done everything yet as I play on rotation and do not use it all at once for every household!

The only thing i am disappointed with so far is the animation for removing shoes when going indoors. It's terrible. Had to mod it out or be driven crazy!
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Somehow satisfied (why?)
    I'm not totally satisfied with the pack for a few reasons:
    • Missing furniture items I'd consider important for Japanese houses: futon, low tea table, and legless chairs.
    • "Zen garden" is just a carpet, rather than an interactable terrain or item.
    • Lack of cultural gameplay interactions such as tea ceremony or calligraphy.
    • Lackluster festivals. Gimme a proper bon odori and ice sculpting!
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited November 2020
    Very satisfied (why?)
    Snowy Escape is such a great and refreshing EP! I'm so glad we finally got a world like Mt. Komorebi in our game - In fact I'm so happy with this EP that I'd love to see a "Snowy Escape 2"-GP (: No, I'm not kidding! - I'm thinking avalanche-dogs, Search & Rescue-teams, helicopters, Snowmobiles, ski/snowboard school for kids, Ice Hockey and much more!

Take it as a compliment Dev-team! You did an outstanding job with Snowy Escape, and personally I just can't get enough of it! Also very pleased with the introduction of Lifestyles and Sentiments - additional TS4-sim personality-enhancing features in future EP/GP/updates would be much appreciated in my opinion.
    Post edited by SupersonicAvalanche on
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Somehow satisfied (why?)
    I put "somehow satisfied"? I'm guessing you meant somewhat lol

Anyway I like what cas it gives, the snowboarding and skiing is fun and I've been wanting more visually active sports. I like the build decor but I feel like they could of put more Japanese and ski/snowboarding related decor.

Lifestyles can be fun but some just don't fit to well for me. I am having issues with Close Knit, I like it concept but the fact I have to restrict my sim from having friends to keep it is not fun. It wouldn't be so bad if family didn't count but they do so once Cassandra Goth, who I gave it to, made two friends from school she lost it.

The worlds is good but I do wish that there was a few more lots of some apartments since I also want to have some rentals so that takes away from residents.

I say it a 3/5.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Very satisfied (why?)
    I love what it adds to the game.
    My Sims seems more personable to me and I am playing much longer again. I am just using the latest ep for a vacation town/resort but may eventually have a family
    member move there as a resident. I could never afford to go skiing myself and would probably just break something if I do so its awesome that I can send my Sims in my place.

I have everything but Batuu installed. Waiting on another sale for that one.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Not satisfied (why?)
    I was trying to figure out last night which packs I wanted to purchase over on console and I immediately marked SE off the list of packs to buy again. It didn’t do enough for me in terms of really improving my gameplay for my Sims living at home when they’re not on vacation.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It depends a lot on how many hours of fun you think you will get out of it and how much different you feel that the pack is from existing packs.

I do think it's one of their better expansion packs that they have made, snowboarding, skiing, rock climbing, hiking and the hot springs feels different enough for me, the climbing gear is a bit lame... it's just a pair of shoes and gloves, and climbing the mountain is not that exciting really, but the activities do offer some variety in how difficult they are and the rewards you unlock with them, you get new gear and you can get different buffs.

The lots are really good and I have enjoyed making sims in CAS with this pack and also playing with the premade families. Festivals don't offer too much in terms of gameplay but they do add more life to the world. Lifestyles are a mixed bag, they feel too punishing if you unlock them and don't follow them, you can remove them easily with an elixir though.

This pack is also much better if you have some older packs as well, like Fitness Stuff, Spa Day, and Seasons. If you don't have those then you might feel that there is less to do in this pack.

I have all the other packs (besides JtB). @logion can you let me know what can i get more with SE if i have Fitness Stuff or Spa Day?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Not satisfied (why?)
    It doesnt hold my interest for long, 2 days playing and I already moved my sims to another world and never bother going back there again.

What new features/object I can use in another world from this Expansion Pack?
    1. Kotatsu Table
    2. Shoes Sign

lol.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Very satisfied (why?)
    telmarina wrote: »

I have all the other packs (besides JtB). @logion can you let me know what can i get more with SE if i have Fitness Stuff or Spa Day?

With fitness stuff you can get your sims to practice rock climbing without having to travel to the snowy area and spa day fits the japanese theme with yoga and meditation.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

With fitness stuff you can get your sims to practice rock climbing without having to travel to the snowy area and spa day fits the japanese theme with yoga and meditation.

Oh nice! Thanks :)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    First, the BB objects are super yummy. I just love every single object.
    Second, the world is beautiful.
    Third, the animations. The slip and fall on the icy snow. The ski jumps. The koi pond!
    Forth, I love that the Sims will go ski or snowboard or sled autonomously.
    Fifth, The hotpot. I just love that thing.
    Sixth, all the stuff I've done and all the stuff left to do. I still haven't done everything. I've only used it as a vacation spot, not as a home base.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited November 2020
    Somehow satisfied (why?)
    Initial posts since I just started playing.
    I think I may like it despite any lack of replay. My sims will not live there.
    I like to have destinations like this for a change of pace and place.

I might visit Sulani once in a while, Batuu, Selvadorada, Granite Falls, Strangerville and San Myshuno, thanks to rental lots,
    One exception is that I might be playing out a scenario on Mt Komorebi from a visual novel that takes place in Japan. I plan to make all the characters and have fun with their stories.

I suspect i will be at least satisfied with Snowy Escape.
    Will report back.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Somehow satisfied (why?)
    I'm mostly happy with the CAS, Objects & Gameplay.
    However, there seems to be a problem with unlocking the new black sunglasses & the hooded snowsuit.
    Also, having the Mountain Climbing locked into a timed event is so anoining.
    That being said, I do love the Lifestyles; especially the Techophobie.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited November 2020
    Very satisfied (why?)
    I love everything about it, the world is beautiful. the activities are great etc.
    The only thing I'm not that thrilled is the new career salaryperson. A Sim has to work from 9 AM to 7 PM, which means that your Sim doesn't have any free time during work days if you want to do the daily task and promotion tasks. I'm already thinking of making my Sim resign because of it.