Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As for Guitar Star skill challenge

Hi, my sim reached each instruments level 10, and challenging for the skill journal titles. I saw Guitar star challenge that I have to complete 10 opportunities related with guitar. I had a look the opportunities on MC mod but have only 4?. Where can I find that list please? Also, Piano star, Bass satr, Drum stars have to be the same? Thank you for all tips. :)

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Some of the opportunities are only available at specific skill levels. If you don't get them at the lower level they were intended for, you've lost the chance. I think the star challenges are among those that don't work right anyway. I've tried to get them, even used MC to keep track of them and give them to my sim when they were available, and still didn't get the skill challenge. So I don't bother to try anymore.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Some of the opportunities are only available at specific skill levels. If you don't get them at the lower level they were intended for, you've lost the chance. I think the star challenges are among those that don't work right anyway. I've tried to get them, even used MC to keep track of them and give them to my sim when they were available, and still didn't get the skill challenge. So I don't bother to try anymore.

It’s so sad that is almost unavailable to complete them. One of my sims’ lifetime challenge wish is completing all opportunities in game. Thanks for your opinion. :)

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Eh plenty of the necessary skill challenges are still available at Level 10 or perhaps my guitarist was very special (she is of course <3). The trick is that it needs to be an opportunity where you do something in a rabbithole.

Funny enough I kept a list of ones that seemed to count towards the challenge:
    Some Hogan Rock, I Got Your Back...up, In The End, Sorting the Section, Raise the Fun(d), Local Musician Showdown

Sorting the Section, Raise the Fun(d) and Local Musician Showdown are repeatable and the repeats count, which is GREAT because I did them twice or thrice. I don't have a list of the necessary ops for drums/bass/piano but they're all very similar in structure.

Also the challenge is best done when you don't know any other skills.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Eh plenty of the necessary skill challenges are still available at Level 10 or perhaps my guitarist was very special (she is of course <3). The trick is that it needs to be an opportunity where you do something in a rabbithole.

Funny enough I kept a list of ones that seemed to count towards the challenge:
    Some Hogan Rock, I Got Your Back...up, In The End, Sorting the Section, Raise the Fun(d), Local Musician Showdown

Sorting the Section, Raise the Fun(d) and Local Musician Showdown are repeatable and the repeats count, which is GREAT because I did them twice or thrice. I don't have a list of the necessary ops for drums/bass/piano but they're all very similar in structure.

Also the challenge is best done when you don't know any other skills.

So you mean that you don't have to complete all type of opportunities but just get only 10 times of that repeatable opportunities should be fine?

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    That is good to know, because my current sim is mastering all skills and fulfilling all skill challenges that actually work. I thought each of the 10 had to be in different locations, so I had given up on ever getting those with any sim. But now I'll keep accepting those challenges, and if necessary, use MC to give some of them to her.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

So you mean that you don't have to complete all type of opportunities but just get only 10 times of that repeatable opportunities should be fine?

Yup!
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    That is good to know, because my current sim is mastering all skills and fulfilling all skill challenges that actually work. I thought each of the 10 had to be in different locations, so I had given up on ever getting those with any sim. But now I'll keep accepting those challenges, and if necessary, use MC to give some of them to her.

Not only can it be the same opportunity and location but it works just fine with combined rabbitholes too. I did my playthrough in Moonlight Falls.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr