March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please add a lifestyle for faithful, monogamous Sims

I have a couple of Sims, they are happy married. I was glad when I saw life styles, especially the "hungry for love" one. At the test, I gave this style to Sim (via debug) and now he wants to flirt with his roommate (he always ignored her, they live together for over a year and they are not friends).
This is probably a lifestyle for polygamists. Nothing for ordinary couples? Please consider introducing a lifestyle for Sim couples in love so that they are faithful. It's a family friendly game and our Sims still are uncontrollable and flirting randomly.
Origin ID: ukyojin
Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl

Comments

• DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I’d like that and if we don’t have it already a single life style, not everyone wants a relationship... Also more whims would be nice.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I’d like that and if we don’t have it already a single life style, not everyone wants a relationship... Also more whims would be nice.

Assigning a Sim the Unflirty trait could help bring about a "not into relationships" situation, perhaps?

And much as I have enjoyed having Sims who cheat, other Sims who are in an open relationship or poly, etc., it would be nice to have a High Fidelity trait or something, in which if you want, you can have a Sim who will not flirt outside their relationship, and will dismiss or take offense at a Sim attempting to flirt with them, who isn't in the relationship, so that exclusive monogamous relationships are easier to maintain as such and more believable when two Sims really do just want to have the marital-fidelity life.

I would also like it if the Jealous trait did not just seem to be neurotic. Possessiveness and jealousy aren't always results of insecurity. I guess it's a hard one to make, without crossing the line into Controlling. Wow, that would make another interesting trait. Sometimes I think a slider system for traits would be better. We could set a dial between Honest and Dishonest, Trusting and Fearful, Funny and Serious, Polite and Rude, Tidy and Messy, Clean or Filthy, Diligent or Lazy, Charming or Awkward. But that wouldn't work well with traits that don't have an opposite, like Child of the Islands.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »

Assigning a Sim the Unflirty trait could help bring about a "not into relationships" situation, perhaps?

And much as I have enjoyed having Sims who cheat, other Sims who are in an open relationship or poly, etc., it would be nice to have a High Fidelity trait or something, in which if you want, you can have a Sim who will not flirt outside their relationship, and will dismiss or take offense at a Sim attempting to flirt with them, who isn't in the relationship, so that exclusive monogamous relationships are easier to maintain as such and more believable when two Sims really do just want to have the marital-fidelity life.

I would also like it if the Jealous trait did not just seem to be neurotic. Possessiveness and jealousy aren't always results of insecurity. I guess it's a hard one to make, without crossing the line into Controlling. Wow, that would make another interesting trait. Sometimes I think a slider system for traits would be better. We could set a dial between Honest and Dishonest, Trusting and Fearful, Funny and Serious, Polite and Rude, Tidy and Messy, Clean or Filthy, Diligent or Lazy, Charming or Awkward. But that wouldn't work well with traits that don't have an opposite, like Child of the Islands.

I played a lot of Sims with unflirty trait. Unfortunately, this trait is just a few extra moodlets (tense, uncomfortable when seeing romantic interactions) and differently described interactions ... Sims with an unflirty trait just as often have whims about flirting with a loved one and starting an affair with them is actually very easy.
    The Jealous Sims are even fun, but in the long run, nothing to play. First of all, the spouse has a bad reputation all the time because the game treats jealousy scenes as cheating! Secondly, the Sim is tense all the time and it makes life difficult. It's a pity because it had potential.

It bothers me that the game does not promote an ethical style of play. None of the new lifestyles are dedicated to ordinary Sims in love. (My Sim, who NEVER - I've been playing him a lot since spring 2020 - had no one else in his whims but his current wife - now suddenly wants to flirt with another Sim, even if his wife is near). I like romance myself and I love dramas, but sometimes I want to play "Walt Disney style", "big, happy love" and so on. My friends (often elderly people) also prefer to form peaceful, happy families. What a pity that the developers of the game are not willing or able to create at least ONE mechanism that will favor monogamy.

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Monogamy is no more ethical than other lifestyles, moralizing is not constructive. Love is not defined by cultural borders only.

I agree though on making it possible to have sim households that the player wants to stay put in one relation, to do so.

I love the Free Love NAP addition, and every feature that makes sims flirty, and have several households with different relation constellations, whether that be set relationships of 'girlfriend/boyfriend' state combined with marriage in different ways, or just sims having many romantic interests etc.

But I do not appreciate that the game makes sims jealous as default, at the same time as the sims can autonomously disregard all the actions and set-up that I have created for them, having full romantic and friendship bar with their partner, being BFF, never direct them to flirt with others, etc; and then automatically do that anyway when not guarded. I do not like drama; I am the player, and the one who should be in control.

Why is jealousy default?
    Why do all sims react to stimuly the same way?
    Why are so many actions autonomous?
    Why is autonomy made to work this way?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    So the Hungry for Love is just another Flirty trait? I got the impression that it actually will strengthen my sims relationship with their spouse. Guess ill remove that lifestyle using cheats.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Monogamy is no more ethical than other lifestyles, moralizing is not constructive. Love is not defined by cultural borders only.

I agree though on making it possible to have sim households that the player wants to stay put in one relation, to do so.

I love the Free Love NAP addition, and every feature that makes sims flirty, and have several households with different relation constellations, whether that be set relationships of 'girlfriend/boyfriend' state combined with marriage in different ways, or just sims having many romantic interests etc.

But I do not appreciate that the game makes sims jealous as default, at the same time as the sims can autonomously disregard all the actions and set-up that I have created for them, having full romantic and friendship bar with their partner, being BFF, never direct them to flirt with others, etc; and then automatically do that anyway when not guarded. I do not like drama; I am the player, and the one who should be in control.

Why is jealousy default?
    Why do all sims react to stimuly the same way?
    Why are so many actions autonomous?
    Why is autonomy made to work this way?

I don't mind "free love", I'm a fan of Freddie Mercury. ;) I mean, in the old Sims games, the player could better control the behavior of Sims. Want to cheat? Ok. Do you want drama? Ok. In TS4, Sims flirt with random characters because they are in a flirty mood. In TS2, a husband who met a pretty girl on the street (I'm begging for the attractiveness system!) had a desire: "call your wife", "go on a date with your wife", etc.
    I have no problem with the fact that people (and Sims) live in "open" relationships, they experiment etc. If people agree, I'm ok.
    I used the word "unethical" because treason is unethical - and that's what my Sim wanted to do. And before adding a lifestyle, he didn't even have a whim about another woman (or guy) for a moment.
    in TS4, Sims are uncontrollable. And it's not okay if this lack of control is illogical (a sim rejects another Sim's "advances" but at the same time wants to woohoo them on a whim). Quite simply, the Sim is in a flirty mood, so they'll pick up anything that doesn't escape into the tree. I think they should improve it as soon as possible!
    izecson wrote: »
    So the Hungry for Love is just another Flirty trait? I got the impression that it actually will strengthen my sims relationship with their spouse. Guess ill remove that lifestyle using cheats.

I don't know for sure. Maybe I was just unlucky and after choosing a lifestyle for Sim, he decided to romance his roommate (his brother's wife, BTW) quite accidentally?
    I prefer not to experiment anymore, because I care about this family. Maybe it's silly, but sometimes I get emotionally involved with my "dolls" and I'm sorry when they betray each other and hurt each other. It's some kind of escapism. ;)
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Thank you, for clarifying; and I agree, it is too shallow a system. Relationships are a fun part of the game, it is a bit odd that the game is made to decide, and not the player. The thought is perhaps to please those who want it be a theater but as audience, not director.

An alternative would be to play with autonomy off, but the sims become lifeless then.

I have not played TS2, but heard only good about the game and its attraction system. I think I would have liked that, some differentiation in response to stimuly, being flirty should make sims react to the moodlets differently, depending on existing relations, and turn that passion towards someone more logical than just a random sim nearby.

That they have made the sims be jealous just for flirting, seems to be a feature for those who like drama, I find it silly and annoying to have to repair what I never meant to happen. I like the dolls too. :)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I totally agree. I've even wanted a faithful trait since forever. My sim will easily flirt with another since I've been playing ts4 it's been a problem that bothers me. Maybe even more stronger than a lifestyle would be the faithful trait. Or both! I want a sim that will not cheat no matter how hard you try 😅

And I quite like the possessiveness of the jealous trait. We just don't have nearly enough, or strong enough negative traits. I use this often. Plus I know people in real life who have serious jealousy issues and act EXACTLY like that trait. It's quite accurate for some. Now different levels of jealousy would be nice.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AnaTheLibrarianAnaTheLibrarian Posts: 2 New Member
    The closest I've come to getting a faithful sim lifestyle is using the Have Some Personality Please mod by PolarBearSims, they have an add on that restricts romance options based on the strength of the relationship and it has made a huge difference to my game play. The creator made it specifically to help lower and limit the amount of autonomous cheating that sims do in the game.