Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the Inside Maxis Livestream HERE today, October 26th, @11 AM PT! 🎉
October 22nd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

[INFO] Make sure you meet the minimum requirements (PC/Mac)

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,020 EA Staff (retired)
Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing issues with The Sims 4 such as being unable to create dogs, black screens, crashes, or performance-related issues, please keep the minimum requirements for the game in mind.
Unfortunately, if your computer is below minimum requirements, the game might not run as it should or it might not run at all, and we won't be able to help you with your issues because the game was not designed to run on your computer.

Here is an overview of the system requirements to run The Sims 4 on PC/Mac:

The Sims 4 (base game only)
PC

MINIMUM SPECS:

OS: 64 Bit Required. Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
CPU: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO:128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
DIRECTX:DirectX 9.0c compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
MEMORY:4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE:18 GB of Hard Drive space

MAC

MINIMUM SPECS:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
Memory (RAM): At least 4 GB RAM
Hard drive (free space): At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
Graphics card (video): Metal required. NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
Input: Keyboard and mouse
Internet connection: Internet connection required for product activation

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
Processor: Intel Core i5 or better
Memory (RAM): 8 GB
Hard drive (free space): 18 GB
Graphics card (video): NVIDIA GTX 650 or better

How can I tell if my Mac meets those requirements?
Use About this Mac to check how your Mac matches up with the minimum and recommended requirements.

The Sims 4 packs from Outdoor Retreat to Toddler Stuff (released between January 13, 2015 and August 24, 2017)
PC

MINIMUM SPECS:

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
CPU: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
RAM: At least 2 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 18 GB of Hard Drive space

MAC

MINIMUM SPECS:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz Processor or better
HARD DRIVE: At least 3 GB of free space (15 GB if installing with The Sims™ 4) with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
MEMORY:8 GB RAM

The Sims 4 packs from Cats & Dogs to Realm of Magic (released between November 9, 2017, and September 10, 2019)
PC

MINIMUM SPECS:

OS:64 Bit Required. Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
HARD DRIVE: At least 3 GB of free space (15 GB if installing with The Sims™ 4) with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO:128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
SOUND CARD:DirectX 9.0c Compatible
INPUT:Keyboard and Mouse

RECOMMENDED SPECS:

MAC

MINIMUM SPECS:

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
MEMORY:8 GB RAM

Use About this Mac to check how your Mac matches up with the minimum and recommended requirements.

The Sims 4 Discover University and Subsequent packs (November 15, 2019 - present)
PC

MINIMUM SPECS:

OS:64 Bit Required. Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
VIDEO:128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
SOUND CARD:DirectX 9.0c Compatible
INPUT:Keyboard and Mouse

RECOMMENDED SPECS:

MAC

MINIMUM SPECS:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
Memory (RAM): At least 4 GB RAM
Hard drive (free space): At least 3 GB of free space (15 GB if installing with The Sims™ 4) with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
Graphics card (video): Metal required. NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
Input: Keyboard and mouse
Internet connection: Internet connection required for product activation
RECOMMENDED SPECS:

Processor: Intel Core i5 or better
Memory (RAM): 8 GB
Hard drive (free space): 18 GB
Graphics card (video): NVIDIA GTX 650 or better

The Sims 4 Legacy Edition (only required if you don't meet The Sims 4 minimum requirements)
PC

MINIMUM SPECS:

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
RAM: At least 2 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 14 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

MAC

MINIMUM SPECS:

HARD DRIVE: At least 14 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

Not sure if your computer meets the requirements? Here you can learn how to check!