The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you care for Paralives?

124...Next

Comments

• Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Other...
    I think any competition would be healthy for the Sims franchise. However I don't think Paralives will present that. No discredit to their developers but I think the backer's have unfair expectations and they'll keep paying for yet more features that might never materialise. As an Indie sim style game it could still turn out good. Personally I thought their original art style was cuter and more unique than what they have now.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Other...
    It would certainly be better than having to dance around bugs to make the game work all the time... wouldn't it?
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 372 Member
    No
    It's great that there's going to be a competitor for the life simulator genre because let's face it, EA has a monopoly on it with the Sims, but I'm not interested in it. I'm content with playing the Sims 3.

Also, I'm skeptical on how Paralives will turn out. I see a lot of people talking about how great it will be, that it might be better than the Sims, and getting hyped which isn't bad in of itself, but getting hyped can definitely lead to a whole lot of disappointment if the game doesn't match those expectations. That's not accounting for the fact that trying to create a life simulator is a big undertaking for any game studio. EA is a massive gaming company with plenty of cash to go around and even they have issues when it comes to releasing content. I'm not saying Paralives will be a flop but maybe curb your expectations?
  • Mikayla_Rose_GrahamMikayla_Rose_Graham Posts: 18 Member
    Yes
    Yes I do care for them.
    Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Other...
    I have other games I would probably play before playing Paralives. I play Sims 2, 3, 4 and Medieval. I love my Skyrim and play over and over again! Never tire of it. I was playing ESO but haven't in a while, but can always get back to that. Now the kids want me to play The Old Republic with them, so probably will do that as well. I miss playing with them since Pirates of the Caribbean online ended. Right now I have very little time for games, but the kids are growing fast and will be independent and able to drive themselves to appointments, work, etc. My plan is I will be able to play whatever I want, when I want, and for as long as I want and have the time to enjoy it without the frequent interruptions that occur now. I am not complaining, as real life and the kids come first and always will. I don't think adding Paralives to the games I already have will happen, as the ones I listed are ones I really enjoy and don't want to take time away from them for a new one.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,794 Member
    Other...
    I'll consider it, but right now it's highly unlikely to happen. Warts and all I'm still happy with The Sims. I've made no secret of it I'm attached to my sims and unless I can faithfully recreate them in another simulator then I'm not really interested.