Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bundle Discount?

Does buying a "Bundle" of 3 packs from EA save a certain amount of money or does it depend on what packs are included in the bundle?

I have all packs except the last 3 and was waiting for a bundle to pick those up - but now I'm trying to decide if I want to get any packs on the current sale and pay full price for Snowy Escape.

I've never been offered a bundle, so I don't have any idea what kind of discount you get.

Thanks!

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think it's cheaper to buy everything on sale if they're all 50 percent off... I think it may be like $45 or $50 if you do the bundle? It'll tell you the price if you look at getting a bundle on origin (I've also never got a bundle before, but I've thought about it).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Bundles are cheaper when there is a sale going on, but the amount is negligible. When all of the packs were 50% off this summer, the bundle price was $33.98. At that time, if you bought an EX GP & SP separately, they would have cost $34.97 (0.99 more than the bundle price). Under the current sale, since GPs are only 25% off, a bundle will only save 0.50 over buying each type of pack separately ($39.47 vs. $39.97). So, I would only bundle during a sale if there is one pack of each type that you are interested in.
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    I think it's cheaper to buy everything on sale if they're all 50 percent off... I think it may be like $45 or $50 if you do the bundle? It'll tell you the price if you look at getting a bundle on origin (I've also never got a bundle before, but I've thought about it).

Thanks for the replies. I think the GPs are only 25% off aren't they ($14.99 rather than $19.99).

So $45 - $50 for a bundle of 3? That's what I wanted to know. I would save $10 on the sale and was wondering if the bundle would save me more than $10. If I buy the GP and SP on sale and pay full price for EP it would be $15+$5+$40, or $60. If the bundle would be $50, I'll probably wait for it to be available, as that would save me $20.

Origin won't tell me how much a bundle costs, just says I have too many packs to make a bundle as I have all the EPs except Snowy Escape, which is not yet available to bundle. By the time it is available to bundle, the current sale will probably be over.

I think that the bundle price without a sale is $49.99. So, you would save more money if you wait to bundle as opposed to buying a SP & GP now on sale & paying full price for SE ($59.97).
    If there is a December sale & GPs & SPs are discounted, the bundle price for SE should be less than $49.99.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Buying a 50% off stuff pack plus expansion pack and a 25% off game pack is about $40, so the only reason to pay more than that for a bundle is if you can include a pack that isn't on sale that you really want. Game packs have gone on sale for 50% off exactly once that I have noticed, and only for ones that fit the theme of the sale, so don't hold out for that. When the bundles are under $40 they are a good deal, and if they are slightly more but include a pack that isn't on sale at the same time they can be the best deal available.
    So, if there is no sale going on, the bundle price would likely be higher than $50 right?
    No, I think the bundle price without a sale is always $49.99. The bundle price is usually less than $49.99 during sales. The cheapest bundle prices I have ever seen is $33.98 when all packs were 50% off. I personally don't bundle unless the bundle price is close to $33.98. Otherwise I simply purchase each pack individually when they go on sale for 50% off.
    Thanks everyone for your responses!