Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like the Sims Team to Add New Whims?

2...Next

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes
    yes please its one of my favorite things
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Maybe
    I never even remember them. I don't mind more of them, but I don't really care about them either.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Yes
    I wish my sim's whims weren't asking me to help them buy a "hot tub", or build a "pool" for every 15 minutes when I cancel it, I don't have enough room to even put it in their lot. And, no I will not bee (no pun intended, yes it's intentional) buying a bee box for you in the middle of the desert lol.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• IsariIsari Posts: 69 Member
    Yes
    I want them. Whims are an essential part of the gameplay for me. Actually, it's one of these things I would always want more and more, I think it adds some personality to sims. (or it supposed to do this because seasons ruined everything)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    Yes, definetely!! I use a mod that overhauls whims and has added whims for all the latest packs and that's awesome but i'ld love to have it without having to use a mod.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    I love whims and I always look at where they came from so I know they are already based on traits, aspiration, recent activities, proximity to another sim, season, and not just the emotion system. But we need a lot more of them and there are some that need to be removed. For example, the want to “ask someone to go steady” comes up all the time. But I rarely use that option, and it’s always showing up for sims who are already married. The buying things whims could also be toned down.

I like the idea earlier in the thread of bringing interests to the game and tying these in with whims and lifestyles.

I would also like more rewards to choose from to spend the satisfaction points with. I don’t like the ones that permanently solve their needs because that makes the game really boring for me.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Maybe
    Depends on what kind of Whims. I really liked the wants and fears from sims 2 but the whims from sims 4 never reached that level. If the whims to be added make sense and fit a sims personality and way of life, then I would like them. I am not interested if they are completely random (example owning object x for the sole reason of not owning it at the moment)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes
    Forget Whims, we need a new system. Something similar to the Wants and Fears from the Sims 2 which was highly dependent on the Sims actual personality and goals.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Yes
    > @somewhsome said:
    > a variety of them, from small wishes to flirt with someone to huge ones, like having a baby or going to uni.

Yes, I'd love to have a variety of small and large wishes back in the game!
    gen3-banner.png
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Yes
    I don't use whims because they're so repetitive. If they added more, I'd start using them again...
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    No
    I use the whims all the time when I play but I x out the unrelated ones like "buy a bee box". If they were to add more whims it most likely be more of the same unrelated to my Sim. I would like to see them spend time on personalities instead.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    Yes, we totally need more whims. People who don't play with them can disable them, but there are a lot of people whose whole gameplay style is set around whims and it is basically useless now :/ But if there's gonna be new whims, they should be more personal based on sims traits, the activities for various packs, etc. Worse than no new whims are the whims to buy stuff that makes no sense XD
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Yes
    Count me in for more whims. I've been trying to fix the abandoned whim system for about two years now with my whimoverhaul mod and I really wish EA would take that job on again.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    No
    Aspirations and Whims both just seem completely meaningless in TS4. I have whims turned off. If they completely overhauled the Aspirations and then had whims that really had an impact on the aspirations, I'd be interested. But not as it is.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Count me in for more whims. I've been trying to fix the abandoned whim system for about two years now with my whimoverhaul mod and I really wish EA would take that job on again.

Thank you for your mod! It is awesome, it's the reason why I even have whims enabled in the first place <3
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Maybe
    Think the whims need to be tweaked. Have a sim who has a guitar and a whim keeps popping up to buy an instrument.
    There is more than one instrument, maybe he doesn't like the guitar, not sure if that's why it keeps popping up or if the game doesn't remember what we buy for them.
    Some of the whims disappear even when pinned when their moods change, and its frustrating when you're trying to get it done, only for it to disappear.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Yes
    Makes me definitely wonder if they have a new whims system in the works. :wink: I feel like every sims game at least needs a wants system.
    Maybe
    Just happened to me and lets me know the whims need work.
    One sim got a whim to own a bee box. Bought it but the whim didn't fulfill.
    Bought 3 more bee boxes and it still didn't fulfill.
    Could this be a bug because it only happens to some Sims and other Sims the whims fulfill.
    Maybe
    Makes me definitely wonder if they have a new whims system in the works. :wink: I feel like every sims game at least needs a wants system.

I like the system as a whole, satisfying their whims for points to get perks, but sometimes it doesn't work like it should.
  • SimmerBecca4481SimmerBecca4481 Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes
    Closest thing we have to wants honestly. I’d prefer wants and fears though
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    Yes
    Whims like sims 3 that actually make sense and progress your sim would make sims 4 pretty near perfect for me. I adored playing wishacies in sims 3, it got me out of repetitive play styles and helped me uncover loads of features in the game I wasn’t aware of. I think it’s sad that whims have been totally overlooked in sims 4, they can really help add variety to your game.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes
    Yes, it's a base game feature they decided to completely abandon.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    I say yes if they give them more meaning and depth. Fulfilling whims must have more purpose, such as affecting your sim's overall happiness (introducing a Meaningfulness system & Self-esteem system). There is no point in fulfilling whims if you only get a lot of satisfaction points (what to do with all these points ?!). I would like to have positive & negative whims (wants & fears, sims 2) that increases / decreases your sims total well being.

IMPROVED WHIMS THREAD
    Post edited by carpe_diem on