Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape festivals on calendar

Do the snowy escape festivals show up on the calendar from Seasons like the Get Famous events, or do we just get City Living style “festival is happening” notifications?

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    City Living style. With the pop-up and description of the main activities and a "travel to festival" button.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    you can also look them up on the info board, from my play so far they always happen on weekends.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Thanks for the answers! I haven’t gotten this pack yet since and I was having trouble finding out how they were announced.
  • Asmobley416Asmobley416 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone else had any issues with Festivals never happening ever since the update EA sent about the crashing?
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Has anyone else had any issues with Festivals never happening ever since the update EA sent about the crashing?
    No, the festivals have been working just fine in my game. Are you playing with any mods? If so, remove them and then repair your game through your Origin account. Then see if the issue with the festivals not taking place in your game is still there.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Do the snowy escape festivals show up on the calendar from Seasons like the Get Famous events, or do we just get City Living style “festival is happening” notifications?

I haven't seen them on the calendar.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

The first time I had sims in Mt. Komorebi, the youth festival glitched out and didn't happen, and I put it down to conflicting with the Fleamarket, which starts at the same time.

But the second time it occurred just fine, and then the last Sim Sunday I was playing (they were in Sulani at the time) I got notifications for both festivals.

All other Mt. Komorebi festivals occurred as normal.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

The first time I had sims in Mt. Komorebi, the youth festival glitched out and didn't happen, and I put it down to conflicting with the Fleamarket, which starts at the same time.

But the second time it occurred just fine, and then the last Sim Sunday I was playing (they were in Sulani at the time) I got notifications for both festivals.

All other Mt. Komorebi festivals occurred as normal.
    I have had both festivals go on at the same time without any problems.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

But I think it would be a great idea that you could see them in your calender instead, then you can plan your vacation and take a day off from work/school. Also seen some simmer complaining about the notifications stressing them out :)
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Oh the many geeks I would send off to Geekcon instead of going to work if I knew the festivals in advance. Alas and alack! I must keep my eyes on the wiki instead and plan...if I remember to.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
    How I remember when Geekcon comes around in the game is by watching which City Living festivals take place the week before. Humor Hijinks festival always takes place on Monday the week before Geekcon. When I see Humor Hijinks festival, I know that Geekcon will be on Tuesday of the following week.
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I just hate how the festivals overlap :( I'll send my sim to a CL festival, get a few minutes in and then get the notification that there's a SE festival. Kind of disappointing, but I guess I'll just have to pick and choose.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    edited February 2021
    I just hate how the festivals overlap :( I'll send my sim to a CL festival, get a few minutes in and then get the notification that there's a SE festival. Kind of disappointing, but I guess I'll just have to pick and choose.
    Yeah that can be annoying at times, but I have learned to just roll with it. I learned to deal with it by going to all the CL festivals first, and send my sims to all the SE festivals. I also keep in mind that all the festivals keep coming around. So if I miss one, I just try to catch it next time that it comes around. :)