March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight November 20 - A week on The Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

Another week has passed and you all know what that means: it's time for our next Friday Highlights! 🎉
I know this has been a bit of a bumpy week for some but hopefully, the recent stability improvements have helped you to slide right back into your game (see what I did there? "slide" as in sliding down a mountain? As in Mt. Komorebi? That is covered in snow? Snow that you can slide down on? No? No one? Okay, nevermind. :sweat_smile:)

For those who have been checking out Snowy Escape, what are your first impressions? :smiley:

And with that - on to what happened on the forums this week, shall we!?

c8buslzispbs.png
This stunning screenshot by @Dianesims can be found here

Let's have a look at the hot topics this week! :)
  • One of the really cool additions to the game came with the patch on November 10: sentiments! So, how has that impacted your Simming? @Duvelina invites you to "Share your sentiment gameplay". :smiley:
  • But sentiments weren't the only thing that this patch brought - we also got platforms! And if you are like me and still unsure where to start with all these new possibilities, I highly recommend popping over to @MDianaSims's great thread "Platform ideas" to get some major inspiration. :relaxed:
  • After this week has been not-that-much-fun for some, how about something to laugh about? Exactly, that's what I thought! ;) Why don't you check out @Nate_Whiplash1's "The game glitches screenshot thread" and get into the right weekend mood?
  • When it gets colder outside, many of us have to take a break from gardening - so, thank goodness for The Sims where we can nurture our green thumb in the meantime! But now the question remains "Gardening - what do you plant?" Jump into @Turjan's fun thread and share what you are planting in your Sims 3 game! :grin:
  • While we are talking about The Sims 3 ... although this great game has been around for quite some time already (I immediately feel old now), I'm still discovering new things every time I play. I'm sure it's the same for some of you! And like a coincidence, I stumbled across @TinySpaceFox's thread "What features in TS3 have you not tried?" I'm looking forward to reading your answers! :relieved:

Alrighty, those were today's highlights! I hope you enjoyed the discussions as much as I did. :) And, as usual, if you have any recommendations for future mentions, please let me know!

Have a great weekend and stay safe! :heart:
- Leeloo

Comments

• Motomom3Motomom3 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey there...ever since the latest update my game takes forever to load and freezes within about 10 seconds of loading. Sometime ctrl-alt-delete will work, but most of the time i have to manually reboot my PC. I received a new error message today that said TS4_x64.exe application error and unrecognized video card? I am running Windows 10 pro 64-bit. I've been playing Sims 4 for about 2 years and never had any trouble until about 5 days ago. I've searched...have 2 troubleshooting tickets open...asked Tech support to call me. Nothing...not a word. Please if someone can help point me in the right direction i would so appreciate any help at all. I miss my game! And i had just finally made my very first Ambrosia! I know...lol. Thanks everyone and have a great night!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited November 2020
    Oh, I didn't get a notification, so I only noticed this now. Thank you very much for mentioning my gardening thread. Congrats to all others who got a heads-up as well :smile: .

That's a cool winter screenshot in the announcement, indeed :smile:
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't get a notification, so I only noticed this now. Thank you very much for mentioning my gardening thread. Congrats to all others who got a heads-up as well :smile: .

That's a cool winter screenshot in the announcement, indeed :smile:

It was such a fun thread!

<insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,239 Member
    First impressions of Snowy Escape: I love it. Although my Sims are not vacationing there or living there, they have been "going to the mountain" a lot to ski or snowboard because it's fun for them. (It makes me wish that my Sims could take "day trips" to Selvadorado and Granite Falls rather than have to take an actual vacation.) I can't wait to have them try rock climbing.
  • MisscappyMisscappy Posts: 1 New Member
    These “stability updates” have made my game unplayable. I’m very close to giving up on the sims 4 as a whole. I feel like my money has been wasted and no one cares. Every time you delete comments with complaints you’re telling us it doesn’t matter. I know you’re working on fixing it, but the Sims is in a constant state of “fixing” at this point. It’s really frustrating to past players like myself who valued the game a lot. Taking criticism is okay, please practice that.
  • lahdeialahdeia Posts: 9 New Member
    ever since the last update on Nov 10, my game has been weird. I already had to down load the legacy version, which im not happy about but now everytime i add my mods folder back to the game, it will not start. I have to play without my mods and custom content. I just want my game to work right and to be able to use my mods and custom content. Everytime they have an update my game goes crazy...
  • purplecheet0spurplecheet0s Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Misscappy;c-17730742"]These “stability updates” have made my game unplayable. I’m very close to giving up on the sims 4 as a whole. I feel like my money has been wasted and no one cares. Every time you delete comments with complaints you’re telling us it doesn’t matter. I know you’re working on fixing it, but the Sims is in a constant state of “fixing” at this point. It’s really frustrating to past players like myself who valued the game a lot. Taking criticism is okay, please practice that.[/quote]

i’m feeling the same exact way! i had to bring my computer to work to update the game, since wifi is down in my house .. and the game has taken 4 hours to load and is still on the loading screen. i have not been able to play my game at all this is just ridiculous. I’m tired of seeing “we’re working on this!” . Why give us a new expansion pack and keep talking about it if majority of us can’t even play it or ANYTHING at all. i spend so much money on this game for crappy updates, it’s ridiculous.
  • terry_cazterry_caz Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a Mac. It meets all requirements. I have all packs and no custom content. Since adding the latest expansion, and update, I can create a sim but when it goes into choose a neighbourhood, no neighbourhoods come up.I cannot save. I want to play the game but I cannot and it frustrates me. I have played Sims since the very beginning. How do I fix this, or please fix this.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey all!

Please know that we absolutely want and need to hear from you and care about what you have to say! So, we only moderate or remove feedback posts (and posts in general) if they are against the forum rules.
    Having said that, we also get a lot of feedback, as you can imagine, and not all of it can be put into the game - or it might take a while until those elements can be integrated.

About the other points made in this thread: I know many of you are experiencing issues with the game right now and I totally understand the frustration of not being able to play. Please know that the Sims team is looking into this!

So, until we have an update:
    if you play on Mac, could you try the troubleshooting steps in this thread?
    If you play on PC and have previously tried the audio workaround, remember to undo it. I'd also recommend you repair your game and clear the Origin cache.

I'm aware that this won't resolve the issue for everyone but it might be worth a shot. :)

And while I understand why you posted about your game issues in this thread but going forward, it would be great if you could post about those concerns in the correct forum sections/threads on that topic (or check out AHQ). If you post about something that is not related to the actual thread, it takes away from the discussion - in this case, the Friday Highlights - and that is not fair to the other Simmers who would like to chat about the topic of the thread.

Thank you!
  • Maxi_ldnMaxi_ldn Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Misscappy;c-17730742"]These “stability updates” have made my game unplayable. I’m very close to giving up on the sims 4 as a whole. I feel like my money has been wasted and no one cares. Every time you delete comments with complaints you’re telling us it doesn’t matter. I know you’re working on fixing it, but the Sims is in a constant state of “fixing” at this point. It’s really frustrating to past players like myself who valued the game a lot. Taking criticism is okay, please practice that.[/quote]

I feel exactly the same, I’ve got every pack (bar 1 - Star Wars) and I have not been able to play since the game was uploaded. It’s ridiculous, I keep checking for game updates or bug fixes but it seems as if nothing is being done- haven’t even seen an apology or an ETA. At least give us an update - I’ve literally bought a game I can’t use - all its doing is taking up space on my hard drive at the moment ☹️