Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No patch fix today? I thought it was today

I was waiting for today to play, seems I still can't.

Any news on the hotfix patch coming supposedly today?

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Hot fox patch came out on the 17th - you may need to do a repair game after installing.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Hot fox patch came out on the 17th - you may need to do a repair game after installing.

Oh yes but I heard this deletes your save files and can cause major problems, I thought EA was adding a new fix for it today.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Oh yes but I heard this deletes your save files and can cause major problems, I thought EA was adding a new fix for it today.

Does not delete your save files, mine are fine and game runs well, even though I did not even need this patch, but had to install to play online.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Haven't touched my game since Snowy Escape cause I was building a mansion and suddenly crashed. I read the 17th patch brought more trouble than fixes (Insanely high PC usage, slow loading screens and well save file insecurity) so I was waiting for another one.

I need a confirmation that there won't be another patch today or this weekend/next week so I can try these fixes that people talk about.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    If you are worried about your saves you can back them up by making copies so if they end up getting deleted or corrupted you can switch to the copies.

If you game ends up experiencing one of the loading issues or just won't open at all you can try repairing it. For most players it seems running a repair solved their issues. I'd suggest removing your mods and deleting your cache files before hand as sometimes those can cause issues to happen.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Do the patches support 32 bit pc, laptop?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »
    Do the patches support 32 bit pc, laptop?

The game has not been updated for 32 bit PC since University EP I think.