Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rentals don't work properly

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
I cannot make a rental property stick as a rental property and having made one in Oasis Springs it insists on reverting to residential however I try to change it. I have to change it to rental when built everytime I try something.

Also the fact that the rental keeps thinking it is a residential property has let a new family take over my holidaying Sims' home whilst they are enjoying themselves so they can't go home there.

@SimGuruNick this needs some attention Fast!

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Odd, mine are working fine. Do you use mods? Also does it do that if you try a different lot, or try it in a new save? You could also try a game repair and see if it fixes it.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Mine are working fine as well. I just recently turned Garliclauter Place into a rental right out of a horror movie.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Also working fine with me. Hmm I wonder why you cannot get them to stick. Very odd.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited November 2020
    I haven’t had that issue so far. Only issue I’ve encounter is when I enter CAS inside the rental (using mirror or dresser), I can’t play my sims anymore. It won’t let me click on them or control them. Their portraits are greyed out. I have to restart my game or open world edit to be able to fix it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I sounds mod related. I have this problem with venue mods
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    I've noticed this, when you've finished the build just go onto the lot type panel and click rental again even if it already says rental and then it'll be a rental on the map. For the other part try turning off "fill empty houses" in settings and that should stop that
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I cannot make a rental property stick as a rental property and having made one in Oasis Springs it insists on reverting to residential however I try to change it. I have to change it to rental when built everytime I try something.

Also the fact that the rental keeps thinking it is a residential property has let a new family take over my holidaying Sims' home whilst they are enjoying themselves so they can't go home there.

@SimGuruNick this needs some attention Fast!
    Justin wrote: »
    I haven’t had that issue so far. Only issue I’ve encounter is when I enter CAS inside the rental (using mirror or dresser), I can’t play my sims anymore. It won’t let me click on them or control them. Their portraits are greyed out. I have to restart my game or open world edit to be able to fix it.

Please mention both of these issues in the link below. Nick will see them there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    I sounds mod related. I have this problem with venue mods

I did too, until now. 😁🌈🥰
    The latest patch fixed it for some reason.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I linked this thread to Twitter.