Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope/interest in TS5?

13...Next

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes, I plan to purchase / but I will wait after a release
    I echo @Oldeseadogge. Paralives, even without being released, has shown me what Sims could have been. The level of customisation that comes in that game is a standard that Sims 4 only 70% reaches thanks to mods.

It is possible that dreams can come true. I was ready to give up on Assassin's Creed after years of Ubisoft churning out low-quality games. Then, they learned their lesson and came back significantly stronger. It is possible that Sims could follow a similar path. I live in hope.

I don't think is. Not as long as the current EA execs are still in charge. They have found a tried and true formula of decreasing development budget, providing fewer objects per pack, reusing existing objects/animations/game play functions, and pushing out more packs per year. This works because they are reaping loads of money by all of the microtransactions. I don't see them ever changing the current formula even when TS5 launches.

If Paralives (or another developer) does actually develop a Life Simulation game that rivals The Sims and has what the majority of players have been craving for years and years which possibly attracts a large portion of Sims fans to either abandon The Sims totally or be more choosy on what packs they'll buy, only then do I see EA possibly rethinking their current strategy. EA will only change and improve the game if they feel it in their pockets. (Or they'll just abandon The Sims franchise completely.)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No, and I dont plan on purchasing.
    Fully agree. On all points. Would not be surprised if they chose abandonment, if only out of spite. Projected revenues would need to greatly exceed the cost of fighting back, and they have been in cash cow mode so long they have become soft and lost the competitive edge.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes, but only if it improves greatly over the previous games. Not; better in some areas, worse in most others when compared to TS2 and TS3.

They need to start the game as life sim, and go from there. There's so much that patches, and packs aren't going to be able to add. I feel what really set the game back six years ago was its original intention as an online spinoff; NOT a member of the regular franchise.

But, uh, even deeply discounted, I've spent more on this game than I have any other. Waiting for the same packs most other franchises have will be years. I feel packs like Generations and Seasons should be part of the base game; while the things like bars and clubs that are base game in TS4 should be EPs.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    My answer is maybe.
    I think I would like to continue with Sims, because I've played since the game first came out. But, if it doesn't surpass the other games somehow from day 1, then I won't. I'll be done.

I bought Sims 4 when it came out, hated it. Bought GTW, still hated it. Didn't play for nearly 5 years after that. The only reason I'm getting into it and enjoying it now is because I've gotten most of the packs (for half off) and they dropped 32 bit and started updating stuff that was lacking.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    And why or why not?

What do you think the team needs to focus on the most? What should be the priority/ aim of the next game?

Id say right now what the team constantly says is inclusitivity. What is one word/theme youd want EA to focus on in the next game?

I started Simming with The Sims 2, and this game has made me a total Sims fan. I just want to buy The Sims 5 (base game) to complete my Sims collection. I care less about DLCs and add-on packs. I just want the base games.
  • SimerooniesSimeroonies Posts: 16 Member
    I do plan on buying but not straight after the release. I only just got the Sims 4 during the lockdown so I'm still really excited to play it😂💛
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Yes, I still have interest and I still have hope. We are all aware of the mess behind The Sims 4 and I think we just need to let that go, no matter how much we complain, it won't change the fact that the original launch for this game was beyond help.

I know EA have a bit of a reputation, my partner plays FIFA and watches streams and I hear a lot of complaints from their side too. I'm just hoping they won't make the same mistake twice.

Twice? They screwed with TS3 too, so don't forget. I still am in disbelief that EA does not care at all about fixing all the bugs in 2,3,4. It is appauling that most of us has spent thousands of dollars-including purchasing new computers in some cases, just to play these games. I'm done with purchasing anymore new versions of this game until they fix what we have spent our hard earned cash on.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Still, NO & NEVER.
  • Large_Pile_Of_SnakesLarge_Pile_Of_Snakes Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes! And something the sims team needs to improve is to make the game less buggy from the start. Also have toddlers, platforms and swimming pools from the start.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Let's be honest. EA sell hope instead of finished product. I really doubt that TS5 can be better (I've said this several times before). If TS5 will be ever realised, you can forget about any improvements for previous games. What is more, I am a simmer since TS1 (but I skipped TS3 expansions) and I see how this game is changing. The Sims series is getting more neutral and polite. Better romance, jokes and hotter interactions are disappearing. Look at The Sims 4. Alkohol and blood are replaced by juce and plasma. Strip dancers from TS1 or dancing cages are unthinkable. Probably if TS5 will be ever realised, this game will be totally utopian. No negative interactions, no bad emotions, no things which will be banned because of fact that someone can feel offended. This game will be never so bold as it was before.

How it started:

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    In some ways I'm excited for another edition, in other ways not so much. Biggest issue is that it'll be a shell of a game yet again on release, and it'll take years before it has the packs I want and enough packs to make gameplay fun. However, on the flip side it could be a much better shell than Sims 4 and have a lot more potential for growth.

My biggest concern is that my favorite pack in all of the Sims games is the island paradise/living pack, which usually comes later in development, and I can't usually get into the game until that pack is out. In Sims 4 it was a five year wait and in Sims 3 it was a four year wait, I don't want to have to go through that again. :s
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I will wait, the CEO has basically said that the future of the Sims will be online aka Sims 5 and I'm sorry but I have no desire to play the Sims online with other people like Second Life. Yes its still a life simulator and YES it could be popular (second life is still around) but its not the type of game play I personally enjoy.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    will all depend on upcoming info on the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I'm leaving Sims 5 to the younger generation who might like it though I am enjoying all the speculation about a possible/probable new iteration. I think I've reached my limit with Sims 4 as it suits the way I play.

The number 5 is a bit of a doomed number for me. I wanted a SimCity 5 as I enjoyed SimCity 4 so much but it was a great disappointment.