Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Lifespan Won't Effect Babies

I customized a lifespan using MCCC, but it doesn't effect babies. I set the baby stage to be six days long, but all of the babies born have two days until aging up, per default. Idk how to fix it. I have a similar issue with sims fresh out of CAS, who have the default 24 days until their birthdays no matter the lifespan. However, that is easily-fixable by setting their days back to 0 using the same mod. I cannot do this with babies because they are objects. Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this? It's really important to me because I'm playing a historical challenge and I need to keep track of how old everyone is based on the current year and the year they were born in.

Comments

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I’ve had this issue too. Hopefully, someone knows something.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I figured out a solution! You have to open up Sims 4 Studio and find the tuning file for babies. I forgot what it’s called, but it has a 2 near the beginning of the code. I just changed the 2 to a 6 and the problem was solved!
    Awesome! Thanks! :)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    Just trying this now. Does it conflict with MCCC’s lifespan settings?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @AyKooChao Nope!
    I tried that out, but it didn’t work, so I looked at the MCCC Discord, and I might have found another solution! If “use random aging” (or whatever it’s called) is enabled, babies will be born with a random number of days in their age bar, so disabling that should make them age up at the right time. Testing it tomorrow.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4