Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any possibility to get 'write thank you note' interaction back some day?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
My sims married yesterday and got nice wedding presents from neighborhood. Only one present was useless, the magic wand..from vampire sim. LOL My sims are all human. Still have no idea why that vamp sim sent that magic wand for the present? Anyway, I miss that menu,'write a thank you note'. :( I tried without all mods but still don't find it.

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    My sims married yesterday and got nice wedding presents from neighborhood. Only one present was useless, the magic wand..from vampire sim. LOL My sims are all human. Still have no idea why that vamp sim sent that magic wand for the present? Anyway, I miss that menu,'write a thank you note'. :( I tried without all mods but still don't find it.

Have you try in a new game just in case your save is somewhat corrupted? my ts3 version is 1.67 and I still have that interaction after my sims boss sending my sims a wedding gift. iirc the menu is when you click on a table, desk or dining table.

68lxh7uai8a22tfzg.jpg
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    There is a mod for this but I personally didn't install it because some users experienced some problems with it (mentioned in comments):

https://modthesims.info/d/620548/write-thank-you-notes-fix.html

Maybe try it out to see if it works for you?
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Have you try in a new game just in case your save is somewhat corrupted? my ts3 version is 1.67 and I still have that interaction after my sims boss sending my sims a wedding gift. iirc the menu is when you click on a table, desk or dining table.

68lxh7uai8a22tfzg.jpg

Thank you but it won't work in the new game because my sims have to marry again if I try this in the new world. Also it has been long since I got this bug for a few years in real time, I mean I didn't get this interaction in other worlds either. I envy you. :)

@Rsanda Thank you very much. I will have a look that link. :)
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    They've been gone in my game for years too, ever since a patch broke it. Or maybe it just changed the way to get the option. You always had to click on the mailbox. Next time one of my sims gets married, I'll try clicking on a desk or table, if I can remember by then. It's probably going to be a long time before my current sim gets married, if she ever does.
  • Options
    Rsanda wrote: »
    There is a mod for this but I personally didn't install it because some users experienced some problems with it (mentioned in comments):

Thanks for the link. I tried but no menu is activated. So I tried without Mods and still don't get the option.
    It has been only 2 weeks since I started a new game in Bridgeport. But I appreciate your insight. :)
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Rsanda wrote: »

I had that when I played on my old computer and it worked for me.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    i never knew this existed, thats so cool (if it works)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    The mod works perfectly fine for me =)
  • Options
    The mod works perfectly fine for me =)
    Maybe did you place the mod before the wedding? I placed it next day after wedding, I stilll don't get the interaction. :(

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    If you put the mod in after the wedding had already taken place it wont work. The mod author has a note in the description stating that the fix does not apply retroactively, in which case you'll need to have the mod installed before the sims marry for it to work.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding